Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

unitaswestand

Too Quick To Call Someone A Bust

I actually totally agree with this.  Early in the year the Colts were one of the best rushing attacks in the NFL.  Ballard and Bradshaw both were having success.  Brown has had success.   The only one who has really struggled is Richardson.  The big problem lately that i see is that the Colts do not stick with the running game.  Sometimes that is because of the score of the game, other times like last Sunday for instance, it's just bad play calling.   There is no reason Brown should have only had 8 attempts to start the 4th qtr of a 2 point game.  This is especially true when you consider that our line cannot pass block and our receivers struggle to get open.  It's a recipe to get Luck hammered.   I was not shocked at all that with consistent touches in that 4th qtr that Brown ran it down there throat.  He did the same thing a few weeks ago.

I understand what you're saying, but honestly nothing much was working on offense for most if the game. Brown kept getting stuffed on first down, which put us in a hole for second down. It's hard to stick with the run when the oline can't get a push on the early downs.

Also our running game was a little overrated early in the year. It won us some games (particularly at San fran) but we've had no 100 yard rushers and Andrew Luck has accounted for 300 yards on his own. And very little of that on designed runs, mostly when he's running for his life to escape the pass rush or nobodies open.

I understand what you're saying, but honestly nothing much was working on offense for most if the game. Brown kept getting stuffed on first down, which put us in a hole for second down. It's hard to stick with the run when the oline can't get a push on the early downs.

Also our running game was a little overrated early in the year. It won us some games (particularly at San fran) but we've had no 100 yard rushers and Andrew Luck has accounted for 300 yards on his own. And very little of that on designed runs, mostly when he's running for his life to escape the pass rush or nobodies open.

Brown had 8 carries going into the final drive.  He had 4 carries with 9 minutes left in the 2nd qtr. So from early in the 2nd qtr to the last drive of the 4th, he got 4 carries.     Brown was not stuffed on every first down either, especially early.  In fact he had back to back runs of 4 and 5 yards in the first qtr.   He was stuffed a couple times in the middle of the game, but that's going to happen.  Not every rushing attempt is going to get 4-5 yards  We were in more holes due to incomplete passes on first downs or passes for 2 yards then we were because of negative rushing plays.

Our running game was solid early in the year.  Not sure how it was overrated. Both Ballard and Bradshaw were over 4ypc. I'm not concerned with a 100 yard rusher when 2 guys are splitting carries. Bradshaw had 95 in the 49er game and that was with Richardson stealing 13 carries. 

We could have found a good RB in the later rounds, using a #1 was just dumb. Richardson benefited from the Bama massive OL to put up some big numbers, just like the RB before him did and he won the Heisman. Lacy seems to be doing OK but other than him Bama RB's bust in the league.

He dances in the hole, he shows no burst, he lowers his head before hitting the hole and he can't hang onto the ball. I seriously don't know how he'll become a super RB all of a sudden. BTW, Peterson ran behind one of the worst OL's in the NFL, Walter Payton ran behind some of the worst for most of his career.

We could have found a good RB in the later rounds, using a #1 was just dumb. Richardson benefited from the Bama massive OL to put up some big numbers, just like the RB before him did and he won the Heisman. Lacy seems to be doing OK but other than him Bama RB's bust in the league.

He dances in the hole, he shows no burst, he lowers his head before hitting the hole and he can't hang onto the ball. I seriously don't know how he'll become a super RB all of a sudden. BTW, Peterson ran behind one of the worst OL's in the NFL, Walter Payton ran behind some of the worst for most of his career.

Don't forget Barry Sanders. I think his whole team was the worst.