Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Clowney will be a BUST!

Yes,  he's too small to be an effective 3-4 DE.

But the man is built to be a pure 4-3 RDE.     Chiseled right out of the mold.

Like most players, he's got to go to the right team with the right DC and the right position coach.    He'll need all that.

But if he gets that,  then he should have a very good career.   

And as someone else noted here,  he hasn't been helped by all the hype.....

haha of course he's too small to play 34 DE who suggested he play that. He has effort issues at times because he's so good, but the fall of Clowney is a media hype story, they love to build up guys and then destroy him. The truth is he's still the most talented guy in this draft and with a good coach will reach his potential.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I actually like Barr better but Clowney won't be a bust. If the Falcons or Jags take him he'll play DE, with the Texans he'll play OLB.

I'd take Barr if I was picking between the two.  I don't think Clowney would be a good fit at OLB.  He can play the position, but if you run a 3-4 you would have to take Barr.

Not sure about that. I wouldn't be surprise if they draft Manziel. Please don't say Manziel will be a bust because I'm sure he can be more or less Russell Wilson.

Manziel probably wont even sniff the field. He's another Ryan Leaf waiting to happen. Bad attitude doesnt help him either.

The Jags need a QB if they have any hope of being competitive, and for Blackmon to stay clean, They have talent but no QB to get them the ball, Gabbert is not the answer, Texans dont need a QB, Keenum has been alright for them, The Texans are without Owen Daniels(since the 6th game of the season) and Arian Foster (since the 9th game of the season)...They need Safety help and maybe another wr for Keenum to throw to...there season has been shot all to hell by injuries rather then lack of talent...The Jags season was never going to get off the ground with Blaine Gabbert as there QB...Jags probably go with Bridgewater if he is on the board...Clowney can learn to play rush linebacker in a hybrid scheme, He will be better then Freeney ad Mathis at playing the run depending on the coaching he gets

The Jags need a QB if they have any hope of being competitive, and for Blackmon to stay clean, They have talent but no QB to get them the ball, Gabbert is not the answer, Texans dont need a QB, Keenum has been alright for them, The Texans are without Owen Daniels(since the 6th game of the season) and Arian Foster (since the 9th game of the season)...They need Safety help and maybe another wr for Keenum to throw to...there season has been shot all to hell by injuries rather then lack of talent...The Jags season was never going to get off the ground with Blaine Gabbert as there QB...Jags probably go with Bridgewater if he is on the board...Clowney can learn to play rush linebacker in a hybrid scheme, He will be better then Freeney ad Mathis at playing the run depending on the coaching he gets

I don't see the Texans passing on a QB, having just an "alright" QB instead of a good-elite QB is one of the things that has held them back the last few years.

I don't see the Texans passing on a QB, having just an "alright" QB instead of a good-elite QB is one of the things that has held them back the last few years.

I dont think there is an elite QB in this draft, Bridgewater I like but dont think he will be elite, Murray out of Georgia I like but I dont think he will be elite, I think they have a chance to be real good though, Manziel I could see succeeding his first year moreso because of his mobility but I see him coming back down to earth the next year unless he learns the ins and outs of being an NFL QB between his 1st year leading to his 2nd but I think he will want to rely to much on his athleticism and will need to be humbled a bit before he begins to grow into an NFL ready QB, Keenum I think is who they go forward with, If he can take care of the ball he can lead them far

You mean Tajh Boyd? And do you mean top of the 2nd?

Yes, to both, thanks for correction :). Tajh Boyd at top of 2nd. Much like 49ers did with Kaepernick.

There was word that Steelers' scouting went to Clemson's games, not sure if they wanted to part ways with Big Ben or to check him out in case he drops to their round 2 pick.

If Jags feel Tajh Boyd might not be there at top of 2nd, they may move up to late 1st round to snag him.