Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Yet another Mock ( plus FA)

Resign:

Davis -priority- has been inconsistent but that can also mean a cheaper contract but when he's on form-he's a beast

Bethea- been off this season but again means a somewhat smaller contract

Donald Brown or Bradshaw ( whoever's cheaper)

McAfee- priority like Davis, ST are an underrated part of the game and resigning P Mac, Vinny and Sergio Brown would be a wise investment

Sergio Brown-see above

Vinateri-see above

Rainey- we need a KR and he could be a very good 1 for us

FA:

Alex Mack- unless you want Satele to start, Center is a huge need and I've seen Mack play and he has played lights out every time- Sign him Grigs!

Arthur Jones- Would be a great addition to the D-line and a great potential replacement for Redding

Sam Shields- I know we've signed Toler and dont get me wrong, I like Toler. But we need a strong #2 opposite Davis ( if we can't get Shields- I would trade for Jimmy Smith)

Rolando McClain- if he returns, I can see him being a low risk kind of player who could pay off for us 

Jon Asomoah- we need to improve the inside, way to much pressure and Asomoah will stop this.

Round 2 Pick 24: Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State (A)- I was surprised he was still on the board and grateful, he is a beast and he would be great replacement for Reggie
Round 3 Pick 24: Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford (A)- Skov blow me away against Oregon- playing lights out- I had to pick him and would be a beast alongside Freeman
Round 5 Pick 24: Tyler Larsen, C, Utah State (A) - Larsen is a solid blocker and it only makes Satele more likely to be expendable
Round 6 Pick 24: Bennett Jackson, CB, Notre Dame (A)- Need depth and was BPA
Round 7 Pick 12: Sean Parker, SS, Washington (F)- he would be steal at this point and like Sergio Brown, a useful on ST.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Love Robinson. Skov is good, but I don't think he will actually play ILB in the NFL.  And if we get Mack in FA, not sure why we would draft Larsen unless he can play guard too.

Guest TeamLoloJones

There's no way to afford Davis+all of those free agents.

I try to think of it more like a wish list, then necessarily getting everyone on the list.

Resign:

Davis -priority- has been inconsistent but that can also mean a cheaper contract but when he's on form-he's a beast

Bethea- been off this season but again means a somewhat smaller contract

Donald Brown or Bradshaw ( whoever's cheaper)

McAfee- priority like Davis, ST are an underrated part of the game and resigning P Mac, Vinny and Sergio Brown would be a wise investment

Sergio Brown-see above

Vinateri-see above

Rainey- we need a KR and he could be a very good 1 for us

FA:

Alex Mack- unless you want Satele to start, Center is a huge need and I've seen Mack play and he has played lights out every time- Sign him Grigs!

Arthur Jones- Would be a great addition to the D-line and a great potential replacement for Redding

Sam Shields- I know we've signed Toler and dont get me wrong, I like Toler. But we need a strong #2 opposite Davis ( if we can't get Shields- I would trade for Jimmy Smith)

Rolando McClain- if he returns, I can see him being a low risk kind of player who could pay off for us 

Jon Asomoah- we need to improve the inside, way to much pressure and Asomoah will stop this.

Round 2 Pick 24: Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State (A)- I was surprised he was still on the board and grateful, he is a beast and he would be great replacement for Reggie

Round 3 Pick 24: Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford (A)- Skov blow me away against Oregon- playing lights out- I had to pick him and would be a beast alongside Freeman

Round 5 Pick 24: Tyler Larsen, C, Utah State (A) - Larsen is a solid blocker and it only makes Satele more likely to be expendable

Round 6 Pick 24: Bennett Jackson, CB, Notre Dame (A)- Need depth and was BPA

Round 7 Pick 12: Sean Parker, SS, Washington (F)- he would be steal at this point and like Sergio Brown, a useful on ST.

I hope by this you mean a very cheap contract. He is playing terrible and really doesn't deserve any good amount of money. 

Resign McAfee, Bethea, Davis, Vinateri, Sergio and Donald Brown and Rainey

Sign Jon Asamoah, Alex Mack, Arthur Jones, Rolando McClain

2nd-Bradley Roby

3rd-Ty Montgomery

5th-DeMarcus Lawrence

BPA or trade away for picks next year

would love to have Byrd if Bethea doesn't come back

Resign McAfee, Bethea, Davis, Vinateri, Sergio and Donald Brown and Rainey

Sign Jon Asamoah, Alex Mack, Arthur Jones, Rolando McClain

2nd-Bradley Roby

3rd-Ty Montgomery

5th-DeMarcus Lawrence

BPA or trade away for picks next year

would love to have Byrd if Bethea doesn't come back

Montgomery is expected to stay at Stanford for his senior year.

He needs lots and lots of work before he's ready for the NFL.     Very talented, but very raw.

Love Robinson. Skov is good, but I don't think he will actually play ILB in the NFL.  And if we get Mack in FA, not sure why we would draft Larsen unless he can play guard too.

If Skov won't be playing ILB in the NFL,  then where do you see him playing?    OLB?

Not challenging you,  just asking.

Assuming he passes all medical exams for his knee,  then I think he's an ILB/MLB.    Don't think there's another spot on the field for him.

Where do you see him fitting?

Montgomery is expected to stay at Stanford for his senior year.

He needs lots and lots of work before he's ready for the NFL.     Very talented, but very raw.

I know there's speculation that he'll stay but you can never be certain. If a coaching staff gets ahold of him and helps him develop and grow into his potential then he could be the best receiver in this draft class and turn him into a star at the next level.

Guest TeamLoloJones

If Skov won't be playing ILB in the NFL,  then where do you see him playing?    OLB?

Not challenging you,  just asking.

Assuming he passes all medical exams for his knee,  then I think he's an ILB/MLB.    Don't think there's another spot on the field for him.

Where do you see him fitting?

I see him as a 3-4 OLB. He will need to add about 10 lbs though.  He has no where near the speed to play ILB in the NFL.  I actually think he might be playing OLB for Stanford if they didn't have that beast of a man Trent Murphy already playing the rush backer.

I see him as a 3-4 OLB. He will need to add about 10 lbs though.  He has no where near the speed to play ILB in the NFL.  I actually think he might be playing OLB for Stanford if they didn't have that beast of a man Trent Murphy already playing the rush backer.

He would scare exactly no one as a pass rusher

I dont think Skov is athletic enough to play OLB in the NFL, I see him as a good  future starting ILB or career rotational OLB, if we are talking OLB he is a better prospect then Chase Thomas however, But I was very unimpressed by Thomas who was also very unathletic and had a slow first step, Skov does have a significantly quicker first step then Thomas

Guest TeamLoloJones

I dont think Skov is athletic enough to play OLB in the NFL, I see him as a good  future starting ILB or career rotational OLB, if we are talking OLB he is a better prospect then Chase Thomas however, But I was very unimpressed by Thomas who was also very unathletic and had a slow first step, Skov does have a significantly quicker first step then Thomas

If he isn't athletic enough to play OLB, how can he be athletic enough to play ILB?

Free agency - we get Jeremy Maclin and Doug Baldwin at WR

Free agency CBs - Vontae Davis, Brent Grimes and Aqib Talib, I'm sure we will retain our own Vontae

Free agency safeties - Bethea, Byrd, Donte Whitner, our best bet is to retain Bethea for less since his market will be affected by a good safety free agent class

That would be it for free agency.

Here is how my mock would go:

Round 2: It always starts up front. Cory Redding is not getting younger and our DL needs quality bodies for pass rush. I'd go with Werner's teammate Timmy Jernigan, 6'2", 298 lbs, DT/DE, 40 speed of under 5.00, excellent athlete that can be coached up and will be a key component of continuing to build the monster

Round 3: Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi State, 6'3", 340 lbs, need some beef in the middle on OL

Round 5: Silas Redd, RB, USC, 5'9", 200 lbs. 4.53 speed, I expect him to fall much like Stepfan Taylor did and would be a good pick there.

Round 6: Max Bullough, ILB, Michigan State, 6'3", 245 lbs, 4.78 speed, will be a reliable guy in the middle of our LB rotation

Round 7: More TEs for Pep Hamilton. Kaneakua Friel, TE, Brigham Young University, 6'4", 250, 4.83 speed

Guest TeamLoloJones

My point is that nobody would seriously consider Skov as a 34 OLB

I think we are both trying to say the same basic thing.  Skov just isn't that good.  People overreacted a little to his game vs. Oregon.

Free agency - we get Jeremy Maclin and Doug Baldwin at WR

Free agency CBs - Vontae Davis, Brent Grimes and Aqib Talib, I'm sure we will retain our own Vontae

Free agency safeties - Bethea, Byrd, Donte Whitner, our best bet is to retain Bethea for less since his market will be affected by a good safety free agent class

That would be it for free agency.

Here is how my mock would go:

Round 2: It always starts up front. Cory Redding is not getting younger and our DL needs quality bodies for pass rush. I'd go with Werner's teammate Timmy Jernigan, 6'2", 298 lbs, DT/DE, 40 speed of under 5.00, excellent athlete that can be coached up and will be a key component of continuing to build the monster

Round 3: Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi State, 6'3", 340 lbs, need some beef in the middle on OL

Round 5: Silas Redd, RB, USC, 5'9", 200 lbs. 4.53 speed, I expect him to fall much like Stepfan Taylor did and would be a good pick there.

Round 6: Max Bullough, ILB, Michigan State, 6'3", 245 lbs, 4.78 speed, will be a reliable guy in the middle of our LB rotation

Round 7: More TEs for Pep Hamilton. Kaneakua Friel, TE, Brigham Young University, 6'4", 250, 4.83 speed

im confused..you are saying we get grimes talib and vontae? 

you alsay saying Bethea resigned and not withner/byrd?

If he isn't athletic enough to play OLB, how can he be athletic enough to play ILB?

He couldn't on passing downs at least to start his career,  I probably should have went with my first instinct and said good rotational ILB or OLB to start his career