Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Worst Officiating Ever

T Y Goodbye

At the end of the Redskins/Giants game. Washington it appeared was about half a yard short of a first down near midfield, as they tried to get the tying touchdown, with no timeouts left, and around 50 seconds left to play.. The one official, said first down, the chains moved, and the little box on the first down marker was changed to 1. Even the announcers thought it was short, and they went, oh, I guess they're calling it a first down. So RG3 threw about a 20 yard pass, that was caught, then dropped as the receiver was hit, making it an incomplete pass. When the Skins went back to the huddle, the refs changed the down back to 4th and 1.

Shanahan was livid..yet the refs left it at 4th and 1. This could have severely impacted the game, because you would call a different play if its 3rd and 1, or 1st and 10. I thought, just like in a challenge, that if a mistake was made, and a play was run, the officials cannot change it back. Yet these * referees changed something after the next play was completed, effectively hampering the chance for the Skins to come back.

Just another horrendous job by the NFL officials.. The entire crew deserves to be suspended, fined, and/or fired. These guys are supposed to be the best of the best, and something as egregious as this incident need to be dealt with quickly and severely. But we all know, nothing will be done, but an apology, and the refs will get their little hands slapped, and will continue to mess up over and over again.

I have been watching football for 45 years, and I have never seen anything like this EVER...

I personally had no stake in who won the game, the refs just ruined it.

I made a post on a social networking site... and made sure to call out the NFL. They need to start holding their refs accountable, and issuing fines when the make such big mistakes. Last night in the Washington vs. New York game the ending was so bad that Shanahan (whom I can't stand) had every right to be livid after they didn't even bother to bring out the chain to messure when they were that close, and then let them call a play only to change it back. It was sad. NFL needs guys who sole job is to eat, drink, and sleep while dreaming about football year round.

During the strike. we heard about how the regular NFL resf are so much better..so much more professional.

I don't see that..

Blunder after Blunder..week after week...

You need full time 12-month a year refs...not K-Mart assistant managers and insurance salesmen

I don't think there are any kmart employees as refs

Yes because the Patriots games are the ONLY ones that matter.

No because the call in question didn't even effect the game. The Patriots calls ENDED the games. Name just ONE call on any team that was as wrong and ended the game? You can't. This is about officiating not the Patriots. They just happened to be the victims.   

No because the call in question didn't even effect the game. The Patriots calls ENDED the games. Name just ONE call on any team that was as wrong and ended the game? You can't. This is about officiating not the Patriots. They just happened to be the victims.   

The victims? According to a Patriots fan.

You're saying the Jets game penalty is not in the rulebook? And what about yesterday when Brady was picked in the second quarter? Gronk wasn't able to magically turn around like everyone said he could versus the Panthers. And he actually tried yesterday. You can see him plant his foot, but his momentum carried him. The wrong penalty was called versus the Panthers, but the refs were right in the fact that it wasn't pass interference.

It's been pretty bad this year.  I get that bad calls happen.  It just feels as though there are more "memorable" bad calls this year.  Some completely unacceptable applications of rules, calls on review that are completely contrary to the evidence, or at least the standard of review, just a bizarre year in officiating.

The victims? According to a Patriots fan.

You're saying the Jets game penalty is not in the rulebook? And what about yesterday when Brady was picked in the second quarter? Gronk wasn't able to magically turn around like everyone said he could versus the Panthers. And he actually tried yesterday. You can see him plant his foot, but his momentum carried him. The wrong penalty was called versus the Panthers, but the refs were right in the fact that it wasn't pass interference.

Now you're just being silly.

No because the call in question didn't even effect the game. The Patriots calls ENDED the games. Name just ONE call on any team that was as wrong and ended the game? You can't. This is about officiating not the Patriots. They just happened to be the victims.

Didn't effect the outcome? Ummm, it changed everything because had they done it right there is no way Washington throws the passes they do to end the game. You and certain other Patriot fans are making your intrepid leader JJ look really bad now. The call in the Panthers game was botched, and the ref was right to pick up the flag for interference call because Gronkowski never could have caught it. If they had called holding it might have stood.

Didn't effect the outcome? Ummm, it changed everything because had they done it right there is no way Washington throws the passes they do to end the game. You and certain other Patriot fans are making your intrepid leader JJ look really bad now. The call in the Panthers game was botched, and the ref was right to pick up the flag for interference call because Gronkowski never could have caught it. If they had called holding it might have stood.

What?