Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Saints Snf Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just hope Coyer figured something out because if he hasn't Brees will have a field day.

Those Corona commercials just depress me that I'm here in chili Indy and not on a beach having a beer.

Brees does well against any defense. Short of Manning, he's the best on-field general in the NFL.

You guys want adjustments with an injured defense against Brees? Right...

It wouldn't matter who our defensive coordinator is. There are just some QB's who can move it no matter what. We have to hope for some turnovers. The Saints are -7 in that department right now, so we're still in it.

You guys want adjustments with an injured defense against Brees? Right...

It wouldn't matter who our defensive coordinator is. There are just some QB's who can move it no matter what. We have to hope for some turnovers. The Saints are -7 in that department right now, so we're still in it.

I disagree. Any QB can be slowed down. I don't think there is any QB in the league who can move it no matter what. The right adjustments, packages, blitzes, you can slow down any QB. This is part of what Coyer's getting paid for

I disagree. Any QB can be slowed down. I don't think there is any QB in the league who can move it no matter what. The right adjustments, packages, blitzes, you can slow down any QB. This is part of what Coyer's getting paid for

Let me clarify: there's no such thing as an unstoppable offense. I'm one of the loudest advocates of that fact. But there are some QB's who can win the adjustment war, because they do it on a play-by-play basis. Coordinators have to do it series-by-series. They need to see what's happening, analyze the photos, and then make the changes. QB's as good as Manning and Brees can just do it on every play.

It's an uphill struggle for D-coordinators against those two QB's in particular.

Couldn't have agreed with you anymore and god that was perfectly timed.

Yea, do what their D-coord said he was gonna do to manning in the Super bowl.

Nail his butt after he releases the ball.

Right. Why don't we hire you for D coordinator? After all, you believe anything is possible no matter who is playing. All NFL players no matter who is playing, can beat any other team in the NFL. You're sadly mistaken.

Let me clarify: there's no such thing as an unstoppable offense. I'm one of the loudest advocates of that fact. But there are some QB's who can win the adjustment war, because they do it on a play-by-play basis. Coordinators have to do it series-by-series. They need to see what's happening, analyze the photos, and then make the changes. QB's as good as Manning and Brees can just do it on every play.

It's an uphill struggle for D-coordinators against those two QB's in particular.

This I agree with

Right. Why don't we hire you for D coordinator? After all, you believe anything is possible no matter who is playing. All NFL players no matter who is playing, can beat any other team in the NFL. You're sadly mistaken.

I didn't say anything is possible. I said you can slow the offense down. We won't be able to hold the Saints offense to 0 points, but we can slow them down to less than 24

I didn't say anything is possible. I said you can slow the offense down. We won't be able to hold the Saints offense to 0 points, but we can slow them down to less than 24

I think we aren't too far off of each other in our view of the subject. We can slow them down, but that may only last for a drive or two, or even just a few plays. It would help us out, especially if it generates some turnovers.

But really, we're gonna blitz? Screens to Sproles forever.

We're going to drop 8 into coverage to slow down their tall WR's? They'll run with Ingram all day.

Brees can see these things before the snap. He's not a system QB who relies on a line like Rodgers and Brady.

Edited by doogansquest

Any notion of slowing this opposing offense down w/ a damaged offense is unrealistic.

Also, any notion of slowing this offense w/ an defense they aren't equipped to handle is silly.