Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Qb Prospects On Display This Week In College

Waiting on the point you are making.

"Cousins displays good potential but is held back by an offense that aims to keep the ball on the ground, and he doesn't have a good supporting cast of receiving weapons."

This is 'why' its hard to evalute him and predict where he might fall in the draft.Even if he climbs all the way up into the late first round,then i would still take him.But only if we gained additional picks from trading out of the top five.

The difference is, Brady is great when running a great team.

Manning is great no matter how bad the team is.

Brady-types (see: Montana mold) need a ridiculous team around them. In that situation, they become almost unbeatable. We have seen what happens (like, the last 6 years) when Brady doesn't have a top 10 defense, a perfect offensive line, phenomenal special teams, and a top 5 ground game. He is a better QB now than he ever was during the 01-04 years, yet he won Super Bowls then. Proof that the Rings argument is a team discussion, not a QB discussion.

Manning-types (see:...only Manning) need only a football field to be successful. They see everything, they are prepared for every situation, and they can make things happen no matter what.

I'd be fine with a Brady type, but then we had better have a team around him or he will look like Joe Flacco instead of Tom Brady.

I think for the most part you're entirely correct with this accessment.However,i wouldn't say that manning is in a class of his own.I also think 'john elway' is a very simliar type of player that you stated manning is.

ROBERT GRIFFIN! Thats who the colts should grab. I have had enough of this Luck guy. And this is coming from a guy who was a HUGE Luck fan 3 months ago. He has amazing talent around him. Yes he is great but he has yet to play a down in the nfl as well. So he is not a lock. But this Griffin kid, i have been watching him quite a bit this year and man can he play. He runs im sure close to 4.4 to high 4.3's, is 6 '2 220 lbs. But what has impressed me is that he is a pass first QB. He uses his speed to escape and make plays but he always has his eyes down field. He will break the QB efficiency rating in the ncaa this year if he keeps playing like he is. He is taking an average unranked team around him and beating top 25 teams. Good arm strength, good accuracy and a winner. He has 22 TDs to only 2 picks, while averaging almost 5 YPC. AND will be available in the 2nd or 3rd. depending on how much hype he builds towards the draft if he decides to go. If not then we target him next year. This is the kind of guy you want to sit for 3 years, not Luck who will be expected to start by week 4 on the team he is drafted to. We grab RG3 and build the team for next couple of years, also who knows maybe he could have a few plays a game at wr or some form of wildcat formations. hey its a few more plays then we would get with Andrew luck right? If you havn't heard of him your not alone, but check this kid out, and if your not sold on him then your opinion of Luck is meaningless cause you dont see a great QB when you see one.

The difference is, Brady is great when running a great team.

Manning is great no matter how bad the team is.

Brady-types (see: Montana mold) need a ridiculous team around them. In that situation, they become almost unbeatable. We have seen what happens (like, the last 6 years) when Brady doesn't have a top 10 defense, a perfect offensive line, phenomenal special teams, and a top 5 ground game. He is a better QB now than he ever was during the 01-04 years, yet he won Super Bowls then. Proof that the Rings argument is a team discussion, not a QB discussion.

Manning-types (see:...only Manning) need only a football field to be successful. They see everything, they are prepared for every situation, and they can make things happen no matter what.

I'd be fine with a Brady type, but then we had better have a team around him or he will look like Joe Flacco instead of Tom Brady.

excellent post!!!