Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I didn't expect anything from rogers this game, but the way he looks compared to the DB's and that PI call satisfied me enough. Hopefully, next week we bench DHB and have rogers be our #2. Sounds far fetched but the coaches have listened to almost everything the fans have had to say so far. 

Brazill is doing good. Rogers should play but should not be replace with Brazill

I like what I have seen from Brazil I say DHB needs to be demoted to fourth string and Rogers or Brazil can have the other starting spot.

I still don't understand why we don't run slants or screens to get the ball out of Luck's hands fast.  Our o-line is having issues stopping a four man pass rush right now. 

I like what I have seen from Brazil I say DHB needs to be demoted to fourth string and Rogers or Brazil can have the other starting spot.

I still don't understand why we don't run slants or screens to get the ball out of Luck's hands fast.  Our o-line is having issues stopping a four man pass rush right now. 

From what I've seen, the D gets too much push, and clog the short throwing lanes. When Luck tries, the D lineman raise their arms and deflect the pass quite often.  Luck needs throwing lanes, or he's going to have to learn to loft it over the line and LB's.

From what I've seen, the D gets too much push, and clog the short throwing lanes. When Luck tries, the D lineman raise their arms and deflect the pass quite often.  Luck needs throwing lanes, or he's going to have to learn to loft it over the line and LB's.

Like I said earlier this thread it's not o-line time which is the bigger issue. 

With that said, the Colts need to do more to help Luck get the ball out quicker because it's clear the line can't hold up to give him the time or the lanes to go down the field.  The other team getting heat on the QB when the other team is blitzing when they are doing it with a simple four man front is embarrassing. 

Our o-line is having issues stopping a four man pass rush right now.

That is just too depressing, but true......................................................................................................................................................................................................:......................

That is just too depressing, but true......................................................................................................................................................................................................:......................

The more depressing part they benched the public whipping boy like all the would be coaches on here called for and the line got worse meaning McGlynn might really be the best of what we have at the moment...

DaRick was targeted on one play and he drew a PA call when he beat the defender a ways downfield. Think he and Brazil need to be the main guys on the field with TY at this point.

Rogers is more of a complete reciever in terms of his raw talent and physical tools.

DaRick was targeted on one play and he drew a PA call when he beat the defender a ways downfield. Think he and Brazil need to be the main guys on the field with TY at this point.

Rogers is more of a complete reciever in terms of his raw talent and physical tools.

Agreed, those are who should be our top 3 WRs. Also DHB should be benched and Whalen should be brought back up to be our WR4 because although he is nothing special he has caught more balls than DHB and for sure has made more important plays.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• This is a very solid point. That said we are also going to see cap savings compared to years past at key positions.   Example:   2020:   QB- Rivers ($25M) OC- Kelly ($15.4M) DT- Buckner ($23.4M)   Total- $63.8M   2022:   QB- Wentz ($22M) OC- Kelly ($7.5M) DT- Buckner ($16.0M)   Total- $45.5M   And that does not even count the $21M+ in cap space that comes as Jacoby is gone and the $14.5M from Hilton, etc.   All I am getting at is that Big Q, Leonard and Smith can make a combined $50M-$52M annually and our overall cap charge would look similar in 2022 to what it was in 2021 just with the cap savings in 2022 from QB, Center and 3-tech DT alone.    What I do think is important for fans to consider is that because f the downstream effects, we will continue to see the Colts add maybe 1-2 key pieces in FA per off-season and will not see us splurge anytime soon even if we are close to a big contending window.    The better we draft, the more we have to pay our own eventually. But it is a good problem to have. 
    • I liked it a lot, but I found that baseball purists did not like it as much. Even though the Yankees beat the Mets most of the time, most of the games were competitive and the games the Mets won brought good memories.   I still recall where I was when this happened. (I get chills. ) I remember walking in the street and I jumped up when utility man Matt Franco got this walk-off hit off Mariano Rivera at the bottom of the 9th. My eyes glanced at a man sitting in his car, who screamed at the same time. It was rare for Mariano to blow a save. This was 1999.     Listen to that great call. I love it!   Here is an article about it.  https://www.amazinavenue.com/2013/7/10/4509200/new-york-mets-history-july-10-matt-franco-walkoff-single-beats-yankees    
    • Again in terms of projecting values out, this all depends on how we see Braden Smith valued.    I said to go high at $10M a year based on a few things:   1) If you asked many people is Braden Smith a top-5 RT, most would say no. I think he is. either way a top-5 RT slots in at an AAV of $10M a year right now   2) Most of the guys getting top $ at RT got that top dollar by getting it on the open market. Lane Johnson is the exception. However, the Eagles gave him that extension when there was originally talk about him moving to LT as Peters aged. The guys that signed extensions with their current teams got $10M a year or less.    3) This is to say I think Smith can totally get over $10M a year if he hits the open market and wants to test the waters. However, if the Colts looked to extend him now and give him financial security as a 2nd round pick that has not made much money yet in his career and did so in a year where the cap came down and a lot of players are going to take less money if they are not a superstar, I think him signing a deal averaging $10M a year would be a win for him and the Colts     At the end of the day, my entire point of this thread was to simply point out that us investing $50-$55M in a starting OL out of a future cap of around $200-$220M is very, very doable and arguably reasonable in terms of how Ballard likes to build through the trenches. Having an OL tie up 25% of your cap and a combined OL and QB tie up less than 40% of your cap for the next 3-4 years is actually very, very reasonable.   I have admittedly been a big advocate for Trent Williams. He is aging, sure. But he has shown no signs at all of slipping. And he even has one less year of wear and tear on his body from sitting out a year with the whole tumor fiasco where Washington really didn't do right by him with their medical team. So would I throw a 4 year deal at him with big money where the only guaranteed money was paid out in the first two years and then there were salaries on the back end that can easily allow a cut if the performance dips? Absolutely.   Either way, this was really to just get our base chatting about all this since the canned narrative everyone is spitting out is the same narrative that is being fed to fans from the media that says "they'll have too much tied up in their OL with the extension for Kelly and the upcoming extensions for Nelson and Smith." I'm just saying if we managed things the way guys like Mike Bluem have been, then we can comfortably invest in a top FA  LT if we wanted to without it being overly painful downstream. 
    • I personally do not like the idea of trying to come up with a stop gap or developmental guy at the most inportant position on the OL. Solidify that position with a dependable proven LT whether it  Villanueva or someone else. Same with DE. Find a proven pass rusher and pay him. Use the draft or WR, CB and solidifying other positions including OL. I think we are very close to being in  SB contention and 3 to 4 good players may push us over the top. We can't foolishly throw money at these guys but if we are prudent we have plenty of money to carry us.
  • Members