Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2014 Salary-Cap. Colts in good shape

1959Colts

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have some of our own to sign if I'm not mistaken... that will be the first priority. Maybe a receiver, or two can come in to bolster the lineup.

The only high priority is probably Davis. I don't believe Grigson is going to over pay on players like Angerer and Bethea. Also ... how high do you go to keep your punter ?

Looking at the WR free agents , it's pretty weak with Decker and Machlin heading up that group. 

They should be able to grab 1-2 good FA after signing our own guys back paying rookies

Oh .. I think a bit more noise than that when you figure another 5 mill by cutting Satale. 

Also you'll need diidly to sign the rookie as you have no 1st or 4th rounders. Figure an average of around 550K for the 4-5 guys we draft. 

The only high priority is probably Davis. I don't believe Grigson is going to over pay on players like Angerer and Bethea. Also ... how high do you go to keep your punter ?

Looking at the WR free agents , it's pretty weak with Decker and Machlin heading up that group.

Decker and Maclin would be a vast improvement over what we have now at receiver... and Heyward-bey is likely gone too. We need to fix the o-line first and foremost. Pat McAfee deserves to be here for a long time. Vontae Davis will get his as well. After that you need to sign draft picks, and leave ourselves some room as the year goes on. It won't be long until we have to sign some important rookie contracts off.

I hope you're right. Davis is a must sign. We can franchise Boomstick again, he's worth it IMO.

If we overpay next year, I hope it's for a pass rusher and for O linemen.

we hit on 3 FA picks and we shoulod be good... my choices are Mack, Maclin and Byrd.

that's an extremely expensive bunch, a great bunch, but extremely expensive, especially byrd and mack. I would love that but I think we need a decent guard too, and im not sure we can afford all of them

that's an extremely expensive bunch, a great bunch, but extremely expensive, especially byrd and mack. I would love that but I think we need a decent guard too, and im not sure we can afford all of them

Exactly. Which is why we need to learn from San Francisco & Seattle

Learn how to hit in the draft. Cheaper that way.

It will cost but we have to go Albert/vledheer Mack and Asamoah

I liked shields at CB but our line sucks so bad we need it more then anything

Exactly. Which is why we need to learn from San Francisco & Seattle

Learn how to hit in the draft. Cheaper that way.

I know what you mean, but for the Offensive Line, Free agency is the way to go IMO we need proven, durable, and really good protecters that we can rely on immediately to protect our franchise QB. Any other position, we must draft really well. Wide Reciever I would like to get either a good one using one of our high picks in the draft or bring in a decent one through FA.

I would like Mack, (Mack is the free agent i want the most) and asamoah.

i know..lim dreaming lol

i think the coaching staff will give next year to Hughes so i think we are set at G. it will be donald thomas and Him...

I'm not expecting big name players being signed through FA. I'm not sure the coaching staff agree on the dissabilities of Satele. They know of the problems at guard - the benching of McGlynn shows that.

It'll be exciting to see what they do at ILB and DE and even OLB with Mathis getting older.

WR I expect they do something about through the draft. That class is deep this year.

I'm not expecting big name players being signed through FA. I'm not sure the coaching staff agree on the dissabilities of Satele. They know of the problems at guard - the benching of McGlynn shows that.

It'll be exciting to see what they do at ILB and DE and even OLB with Mathis getting older.

WR I expect they do something about through the draft. That class is deep this year.

No big name players?  Not even Mack? Who do you think we could take in the draft regarding WR?

No big name players?  Not even Mack? Who do you think we could take in the draft regarding WR?

No not even Mack. We've drafted Holmes and if we go C it won't be a big name guy. It seems people on this forum have jumped on the Mack wagon. I don't think so. Time will tell.

As for WR I think they'll go early for the replacement of Reggie. It is evident we need another WR to replace Reggie Wayne. TY is pretty good and he could be our next number 1. Reggie reached his 1000 yard season 3 years into the NFL. TY seems to progress quicker with a younger Luck compared to Manning in 04. That's promising.

I'll expect a guy like Allen Robinson out of Penn State or Jarvis Landry out of LSU to be considered. TY is small with great hands and good route running. Depends on whether they want the bigger Allen or smaller Jarvis to complement TY and perhaps Da'Rick in near future. He has potential although this forum has been extreme regarding him.

With all of our needs why would we spend that kind of money on a Tackle? That's definitely not the weak spot in out O-Line.

Grigson need to target big name guys instead of small name guys. There is a reason why guys like Heyward-Bey and Walden were small name players. They need to get people that will make an impact on the team, not people that are a hit-or-miss. They have the money, so why not be aggressive?

I would love to see at least two more offensive lineman and a WR or two.  But from this point on, I hope most of the building comes through the draft.  That is how all very good teams get built.  Nothing wrong with grabbing a good FA here and there, but don't want to live like that.  And I think Grigson has said college scouting is where his love is and how teams are built.

I know its not on their MO to do so.  im honestly only expecting 1  "name"...b ut who knows