Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best and worst Colts game you've been to.

Brent71

Best: late 90's i believe, against the Packers. High scoring back and forth all game. Colts won at the gun on a field goal. Forget who the kicker was , don't remember if Manning was the QB yet..... The Worst: that's easy. Primetime game a few years ago against the Chargers. Colts got blown out from the start. Only game me and my brother ever left early.

I think I've mentioned this before....... The Colts have NEVER lost a game that I've attended,  so I can't think of a Worst Game, off hand.

I have several "Favorite" Games, and I guess I have to say, being at the Seahawks/Colts and  Broncos/Colts games this year rank pretty high up on the list of Memorable games attended.

I think I've mentioned this before....... The Colts have NEVER lost a game that I've attended,  so I can't think of a Worst Game, off hand.

I have several "Favorite" Games, and I guess I have to say, being at the Seahawks/Colts and  Broncos/Colts games this year rank pretty high up on the list of Memorable games attended.

In that case Gramz.....please go to the rest of our regular season and all playoff games and straighten these guys out!!

Realizing of course that if they lose, the Forum will be carpet-bombed with "Fire Gramz" threads. :facepalm:

I've only been to a handful, but the worst had to have been Cleveland game long ago (Bernie Kosar was their QB). We were completely outmatched....but the fortunes of the franchises flipped dramatically afterwards and it's great being a Colts fan. Besides, to fully appreciate the winning, you have to experience losing.

Colts over the 49ers in 95

Colts vs. Chargers in 05 when we lost the perfect season.

Saw several other bad loses in the early to middle 90's plus the Jags where we got Scoobed in 08 after our defense won it on a fourth down stop and Ron winter's crew threw a late flag (like after the celebration late) to keep the drive going for the Jags.

Best: The 09 Colts vs. Patriots game aka "4th and 2." We had end zone seats right where Manning threw the game winning TD to Reggie, it was awesome needless to say. I also got a kick outta the two Patriots fans sitting next to me. For the entire game, they were going on and on about how Brady always beats Manning, Patriots are going to the Super Bowl this year, etc. Yet, the cat got their tongue apparently once the 4th and 2 ordeal unfolded. I suppose they were letting the difficult concept of, "The game doesn't end until the clock hits zero" sink in before uttering another word.

Worst: I've never been to a Colts game where we lost, so yeah..

Best Colts Game- AFC Championship Game: Colts 38 vs Patriots 34, January 2007

Worst Colts Game- AFC Divisional Playoff Game: Colts 18 vs Steelers 21, January 2006

Other moments

Best Moment-Marlon Jackson intercepts Tom Brady to seal the win in the AFC Championship game. That was the loudest crowd reaction in Indianapolis  sports history. People were crying in the RCA Dome. Unbelievable moment. I will never forget it.

Best Moment #2-Brandon Stokley catches the 49th TD pass from Manning, breaking the single season TD passing record. The 2004 season was magical for the Colts offense. The record breaking passing TD came against the Chargers and was the game winner as the Colts rallied late to win. The TD pass was absolutely beautiful as Manning threw the ball well before Stokley made his move and broke into the post route to catch the ball. It was precision at its finest.

Best Moment #3-Reggie Wayne plays the game of his life against Packers leading the Colts to an upset win early in the 2011 season. Wayne is unstoppable in the second half and scores the game winning TD by reaching the ball across the goal line as he is tackled by 3 Packer defenders. The win put Luck and the new regime on the map. I think it was the catalyst that led to the remarkably quick rebuilding effort. The crowd was going crazy.

Worst Moment-Peyton Manning has to go to a "silent count" because there were so many Titans fans in attendance at the 2000 Divisional Playoff game against the Titans. It was embarrassing for the entire city.

Worst Moment #2-The 2009 Colts are undefeated and leading the Jets at home when Peyton Manning is pulled from the game. Fans boo loudly. The Colts voluntarily give up what would have been an undefeated season. Manning stands on the sideline with his helmet still on for the rest of the game. The Colts lose. It was a horrible moment for the fans, the city and the team. It was absolutely awful. No winners.

Worst Moment #3- The Colts lose a 2003 regular season game to the Patriots when they fail to score on 4th and goal from the 1 yard line as time expired. Patriots win 38-34. The Colts trailed for most of the game but had a furious rally to nearly win it in the end. The game was also very controversial for the number of times Patriot payers faked injuries to stop the Colts offensive momentum. Willie McGinest went down with a time stopping injury on the potential game winning drive. He then magically got better and returned moments later to make the tackle on Edgerrin James at the goal line. The Patriots cheated. Everyone knew it. And it didn't matter.

Best games I've been at would have to be last year miracle against the Detroit Lions and this year game against the broncos. Worst games I've been the 2011 blowout against the New Orleans Saints last year game against the New England Patriots and this years game against the Arizona Cardinals.

Best game/experience was my first game at Lucas, the Manning Homecoming game!  The worst was the two games we lost at San Diego, couple years ago where Sprouls was running wild and the punter was kicking it out off the stadium.  The other was this year just before the Manning Homecoming game.

Colts over the 49ers in 95

Colts vs. Chargers in 05 when we lost the perfect season.

Saw several other bad loses in the early to middle 90's plus the Jags where we got Scoobed in 08 after our defense won it on a fourth down stop and Ron winter's crew threw a late flag (like after the celebration late) to keep the drive going for the Jags.

The 95 win over the 9ers was also a favorite of mine. However, the favorite is definitely the AFC championship game against the Pats....never felt that type of energy from a crowd. As many of you know, the atmosphere of a playoff game is completely different than a regular season game. The game against Houston when I thought Reggie had caught his last Touchdown as a Colt was a lot of fun (mainly because it happened right as I used my bosses tickets that game).

The 95 win over the 9ers was also a favorite of mine. However, the favorite is definitely the AFC championship game against the Pats....never felt that type of energy from a crowd. As many of you know, the atmosphere of a playoff game is completely different than a regular season game. The game against Houston when I thought Reggie had caught his last Touchdown as a Colt was a lot of fun (mainly because it happened right as I used my bosses tickets that game).

Yeah unfortunately I didn't get to be at the AFCCG in 06 or I am sure it would be number one.  I was lucky enough to see the Colts beat the 49ers in 95 in person. 

I agree 911. My husband and I were saving $ for anniversary trip to Hawaii. We spent every last dollar getting tix to AFC championship against the Patriots. Was worth every penny!! It was so loud in there, I could scream at the top of my lungs and not even hear myself

I too was at the game down in New Orleans where Curtis Painter was running for his life and the Saints were scoring more points than we had total yards. Stayed for every last painful play decked out in a blue wig and blue tu-tu. Ouch. Took more than a bottle of wine to sooth those wounds.

Best Game: Tie    AFC Championship against the Patriots and the first game Dungy came back after his son's death. Very emotional and our backups won it for us.

Worst Game:  Steelers playoff game, Vandershank kicks it to Market Square. Looked horrible after resting our starters for weeks (Polian), should have never come down to that kick.