Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

unitaswestand

Fleener In Red Zone

I'm surprised Fleener isn't used more, especially in the red zone.  I am not saying he is as good a TE, but he has about the same size as Gronkowski.  So when we are in the red zone, it would seem sending Fleener on a post up or the seems against a 5'11" safety/corner would be a good idea.  I think Fleener could dominate, especially long down the seem.  He has great straight ahead speed.

I would think we could use a 7 foot tall guy (yes, i know not really)  more in jumpball back of the endzone type of plays where only he gets it or its out of bounds, but what do i know.

The whole offense just seems lost at the moment.  They just haven't been the same since Wayne went down.  I think that was just one injury too much for them not to mention Reggie is one of those guys you just don't replace. 

With that said I think there could be some more adjustments made to the offense than have been made to off-set the guys we have out. However, football coaches as a whole are some of the most stubborn people on the planet.  Honestly I think that's part of BB's secret to why he's so successful.  He's always willing to change to and try different things and doesn't get too committed to one thing because it's "what he believes" he adjusts and changes to what he has. 

I've noticed Luck targeting Fleener a few times in the end zone. He's caught a couple extra points and a couple TDs. He will eventually be a number one target on those short passes to the end zone.

I'm surprised Fleener isn't used more, especially in the red zone.  I am not saying he is as good a TE, but he has about the same size as Gronkowski.  So when we are in the red zone, it would seem sending Fleener on a post up or the seems against a 5'11" safety/corner would be a good idea.  I think Fleener could dominate, especially long down the seem.  He has great straight ahead speed.

pep says we are a power running team, our smashmouth o-line will clear the way for our rbs in the red zone, right up the middle