Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Want to know why there's so much Da'Rick hype?

Guest TeamLoloJones

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he can keep his head on straight and work hard, he could become one of the highest-paid wr's in the nfl. That's gotta be good motivation

Is this really what people are expecting out of this guy? That he will be on par with the Calvin Johnson's and Larry Fitzgerald's of the NFL?

And it is the following "Bottom Line" in the link you provided that has a lot of people excited ...

"BOTTOM LINE

Rogers is a physical specimen with strong hands who overpowered defenders in his routes and after the catch on his way to second-team All-SEC status in 2011 (67 catches, 1,040 yards, nine TDs), and to a dominating season (78 catches for 1,207 yards and 11 TDs) while at Tennessee Tech. His immaturity off the field caused him to be dismissed from Tennessee before the 2012 season, and thus the biggest questions with Rogers will be about character concerns. While he's not a quick-twitch, vertical threat, Rogers is a big, physical receiver who works well across the middle, and has a tremendous deal of talent."

Naturally, Colts fans are focusing on the UPSIDE that he is evaluated as having.  Based on that upside, he has the potential to be a very solid receiver.  People are hoping for the best, especially given all the grim news (injuries ... especially to Reggie Wayne) and there isn't really anything wrong with that.  Grain of salt, "fans" are pretty much always looking for more, even when Reggie and Marvin shared the field, there were oodles of forum fans crying that the Colts need a big, tall, physical receiver.  Wouldn't we just NOW be giddy to have both Reggie and Marvin caliber back on the field at the same time?

Anyway, fans are fans and, especially when things are not going ideally well, we put our hopes into the potential of others that have yet to have a shot, in the hopes for "better".  It's natural and nothing to slap people for doing.  Sure it may be unrealistically optimistic, but there is nothing wrong with hoping.  Live and let live, I say.   :)

Hey,  I pretty much agree with you.   And I hope I didn't slap anyone with my comments.   I simply disagreed and said do.

I'm a fan too,  but I have a journalism back-ground and so I try to be honest and realistic.   There's a reason why Rogers journey has taken the path that it has.    And what that should tell people here is that while he has upside,  his upside is likely not to be Julio Jones.

Hey,  just sayin....

If he can keep his head on straight and work hard, he could become one of the highest-paid wr's in the nfl. That's gotta be good motivation

True true true. As a guy playing with a Top QB, often in the playoffs, and lots of Prime Time games.

DR is in the right spot to fulfill his FB Dreams. GL Kid! Go Colts!

You know your a dilusional fan when you start looking to your practice squad to save your season. Not saying he won't make some plays or at some point turn into a valuable player but the fact that we have people here constantly mentioning one guy or another on our practice squad will start and somehow spark a turn around I think is taking fandom a little further than it needs to go. I have no expectations from the kid and will just watch the Colts and see if they can turn things around...one thing is for sure we have a ton of issues past wr at this point.