Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

irsay tweets again.

Stephen

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a legitimate question you haven't answered. I know you guys like Jim, but the buck never stopped with him, just Polian for lack of rings. If you bring up Bob Irsay, even though Jim started to get real involved as part of ownership by the early 1980's, it was all Bob.

It's not a legitimate question. You want to blame a 20 something Jim Irsay for the years his father was sole owner of the team. It's like blaming Jim's daughters for his tweeting. You are just throwing s*** at the wall hoping something will stick.

And quit whining about Irsay having a model of the mayflower truck. It's part of his memorabilia collection and moving from Baltimore is a huge part of franchise history.

Why am I feeding this troll?

It's not a legitimate question. You want to blame a 20 something Jim Irsay for the years his father was sole owner of the team. It's like blaming Jim's daughters for his tweeting. You are just throwing s*** at the wall hoping something will stick.

And quit whining about Irsay having a model of the mayflower truck. It's part of his memorabilia collection and moving from Baltimore is a huge part of franchise history.

Why am I feeding this troll?

It's an odd piece of memorabilia , for sure .

Answers???

I only asked you one question which I will rephrase.

Why are you so obsessed with Jim Irsay?

And, I'm pretty sure I can handle the truth should you chose to tell it.

I'm not, it's just another topic to me. If the guy wouldn't tweet for attention, he would have no critics. Just stop tweeting odd stuff , and most of the critics would disappear.

I'm not, it's just another topic to me. If the guy wouldn't tweet for attention, he would have no critics. Just stop tweeting odd stuff , and most of the critics would disappear.

I have no doubt that is what you expect us to believe.

Others who are not Colt's fans, such as ViriLudant, have expressed their criticism and then just moved on. 

But, you jump into any Jim Irsay tweeting thread to criticize with numerous posts often in the 20-50 count range.

So, I'll ask a different question.

Why are you so obsessed with Irsay's tweeting?

I have no doubt that is what you expect us to believe.

Others who are not Colt's fans, such as ViriLudant, have expressed their criticism and then just moved on.

But, you jump into any Jim Irsay tweeting thread to criticize with numerous posts often in the 20-50 count range.

So, I'll ask a different question.

Why are you so obsessed with Irsay's tweeting?

I didn't start the threads, just commenting on them. There is no obsession, just curiosity why a billionaire tweets goofy stuff, and why some people defend it.

By the way, if I have a pager, so do the Irsay tweeting apologists who are also Johnny on the Spot always praising his tweets. FYI , I'm not as old as you think. If I'm that old , than your progressive owner is ancient because I'm younger than him. By the way, I have the latest in IPhone, IPad, and other technology, but nice try. I'm sure you would like to peg me as an 80 year old , with a tattered old Baltimore Colts shirt and moth ridden hat, using a computer with MS Dos, with a pager , living in a bombed out row house in Highlandtown.If that makes you happy with that stereotype , knock yourself out. It's pretty funny, but not accurate.

I'm kinda inclined to believe this is actually true... Way too randomly detailed in description not to be

This coming from a supposedly grown man who trolls the internet message board of a team he doesn't support.

I've been on many NFL forums of interest . I am a fan if the National Football league. I've supported the Colts and Irsay on some issues. The tweeting about his coaches , other players , etc, I don't think is the best idea. Sorry you consider it trolling.

Might I suggest letting go then?

It's all good to me. Irsay is the one jabbing people with tweets. I also think the toy Mayflower van was in poor taste. You know dang well NFL films is covering your eclectic collection, and you're really going to have a toy Mayflower van sitting there with Colt programs. What historical value is that item , other than get a rise out of people like his tweets? Then when it happens, people wonder why you can't let it go, or something like that. Why not point out the positive attributes of Colt history, not the horrible move ? For years , he was the model of decorum as an owner , but lately , he seems to want to be more controversial. It's fine if you want to do that, but don't complain when fair criticism comes your way

I haven't seen the film so I don't know what his collection looks like. However, the Mayflower trucks are an important part of every Colts fan's history, whichever side of the truck you're on.

I've just read that the Sports Legends Museum in Baltimore has an exhibit that replicates the back end of a Mayflower moving van. Why couldn't he have also have a representation of them in his collection if he wants? It's an important part of his history, too. Why should he hide them from NFL Films? I realize that's an obvious sore point for former Baltimore fans, but I don't think he's trying to stick it to anyone. It was probably a huge turning point in his life, maybe something he considers a good thing, not a "horrible" thing.

I realize some people are never going to be satisfied with the man because of his last name and because he won't sit quietly and fade into the background. It obviously isn't in his nature.

There are plenty of things that are kept as a reminder of history that I could take offense to personally, but the people that own or show them now are not the ones who did the wrong. Sometimes, one just has to let go, see the thing for what it is, and take steps to prevent the circumstances that allowed it to happen the first time from happening again.

It's all good to me. Irsay is the one jabbing people with tweets. I also think the toy Mayflower van was in poor taste. You know dang well NFL films is covering your eclectic collection, and you're really going to have a toy Mayflower van sitting there with Colt programs. What historical value is that item , other than get a rise out of people like his tweets? Then when it happens, people wonder why you can't let it go, or something like that. Why not point out the positive attributes of Colt history, not the horrible move ? For years , he was the model of decorum as an owner , but lately , he seems to want to be more controversial. It's fine if you want to do that, but don't complain when fair criticism comes your way

Fair criticism? Lol no. It's someone who is still hurt from the past actions of Jim's father, and sees the son as no better. Whether you like it or not the Mayflower trucks are a significant part of the Indy Colts history. If that bruises your feelings that's on you, but to pretend like he's doing it to intentionally get a rise out of the people of Baltimore is paranoid to an extreme degree.

The move was horrible to those who still resent the move. Not everyone stopped being a Colts fan when they moved. Not everyone was a Colts fan before they moved. Those trucks represent the beginning of the Colts as they are today. It was happy to people like Jim who got all the positives being in Indy has provided.

It's just funny when you act like you're the unbiased one spouting truths to the blind sheep who like Irsays lmao.

Do you frequent Cowboys forums to tell them why their owner is unprofessional?

Fair criticism? Lol no. It's someone who is still hurt from the past actions of Jim's father, and sees the son as no better. Whether you like it or not the Mayflower trucks are a significant part of the Indy Colts history. If that bruises your feelings that's on you, but to pretend like he's doing it to intentionally get a rise out of the people of Baltimore is paranoid to an extreme degree.

The move was horrible to those who still resent the move. Not everyone stopped being a Colts fan when they moved. Not everyone was a Colts fan before they moved. Those trucks represent the beginning of the Colts as they are today. It was happy to people like Jim who got all the positives being in Indy has provided.

It's just funny when you act like you're the unbiased one spouting truths to the blind sheep who like Irsays lmao.

I think I should go on the cowboys forum and enlighten them about their owner. The parallel is two owners that started out strong, and then started to interfere , and got too involved in the running of the team itself.

I think I should go on the cowboys forum and enlighten them about their owner. The parallel is two owners that started out strong, and then started to interfere , and got too involved in the running of the team itself.

The reason you don't is that there is no emotional attachment to Jerry Jones :).

Also Jim knows he's not a football guru and defers decisions to those who are. Apples to oranges?

You are correct about the Sports museum in Baltimore displaying the truck, but it's displayed in the context of the lost dreams of a city. It's a bad analogy, but the Mayflower symbol is like a controversial flag to the people of Baltimore. It's really not a topic that anyone, political officials in Baltimore, or the Irsay's ,should be proud of. It was the fans of Baltimore that suffered.

Jim Irsay, and many of his followers have repeatedly said to get over it, move on, etc , and for the most part, everyone has. But why would you have that symbol of pain on a positive NFL story about yourself ? NFL films , as they have done recently, simply gloss over the move which is fine with me. So Jim thought this was the right time to enlighten us with history , with the symbolism of Mayflower? It was like what he did with Manning, bringing up painful memories, then blaming people for criticizing you when you brought it up.

The reason you don't is that there is no emotional attachment to Jerry Jones :).

Also Jim knows he's not a football guru and defers decisions to those who are. Apples to oranges?

If I were an Indy fan, I would certainly be concerned that Jim was heading in that direction. The parallel between Jerry Jones/Jimmy Johnson and Irsay/Polian/Manning has many similarities.

I've been on many NFL forums of interest . I am a fan if the National Football league. I've supported the Colts and Irsay on some issues. The tweeting about his coaches , other players , etc, I don't think is the best idea. Sorry you consider it trolling.

If you're not trolling, then I have to say you're being obtuse at times. Exhibit A: That you continue to insist Jim Irsay was taking a shot at Ed Reed, when he was clearly poking fun at the fanbase, to which we all laughed because we got the joke.

If I were an Indy fan, I would certainly be concerned that Jim was heading in that direction. The parallel between Jerry Jones/Jimmy Johnson and Irsay/Polian/Manning has many similarities.

lmao

Seeing that I actually know a large amount of Jerry's history. I'm not remotely worried. You're drawing comparisons that don't exist.

Let me know when Jim fires a coach for stealing power and attention away from him. When he starts making player moves and appointing himself GM.

You are correct about the Sports museum in Baltimore displaying the truck, but it's displayed in the context of the lost dreams of a city. It's a bad analogy, but the Mayflower symbol is like a controversial flag to the people of Baltimore. It's really not a topic that anyone, political officials in Baltimore, or the Irsay's ,should be proud of. It was the fans of Baltimore that suffered.

Jim Irsay, and many of his followers have repeatedly said to get over it, move on, etc , and for the most part, everyone has. But why would you have that symbol of pain on a positive NFL story about yourself ? NFL films , as they have done recently, simply gloss over the move which is fine with me. So Jim thought this was the right time to enlighten us with history , with the symbolism of Mayflower? It was like what he did with Manning, bringing up painful memories, then blaming people for criticizing you when you brought it up.

Clearly you haven't lol.

I have never found myself so worked up over toy cars before.

It's the history of the team. Doesn't matter if you don't like it. It's a fact, and an event that happened and shaped the future of the team.

It may be a bad memory to you, but a happy for others. Imposing your personal feelings on an inanimate object, and conjuring the reasons for why it's there, is inevitably going to be a negative experience.

There is nothing much to back up what you are saying here. Maybe other owners stay more in the background but their effect is probably similar. Jones is no doubt way over board in the draft and player personal decisions and we don't see that thus far with Irsay. Any owner would have the major say in a Peyton Manning - Andrew Luck decision. Tweeting to the fan base might be stupid but you've taken it to levels without proof it's reached what you claim.

No, I don't care about that. I'm just saying be a little humble. Don't make ill-timed Ed Reed jokes on twitter when the guy gets cut , or put toy Mayflower vans in your museum, when you were co-ordinating operations from the Owings Mills Complex, or going with Chernoff to Indy, during that time . Maybe you had to move, but you would actually put a toy Mayflower van in your museum ? You were proud of that ? You going to actually put that in with your Jack Karouac manuscripts ? Like with the Manning episode, it just seems like he rubs salt in wounds. That is the humble part.

I'm glad he does all that. It makes butt-hurt old Baltimore fans cry. I consider that a good part of Jim's legacy.

There is nothing much to back up what you are saying here. Maybe other owners stay more in the background but their effect is probably similar. Jones is no doubt way over board in the draft and player personal decisions and we don't see that thus far with Irsay. Any owner would have the major say in a Peyton Manning - Andrew Luck decision. Tweeting to the fan base might be stupid but you've taken it to levels without proof it's reached what you claim.

The parallel is the obsession of showing he can do it without Polian and Manning. That is probably the reason for all the histrionics , tweeting, and locker room pep talks about the rings.

Clearly you haven't lol.

I have never found myself so worked up over toy cars before.

It's the history of the team. Doesn't matter if you don't like it. It's a fact, and an event that happened and shaped the future of the team.

It may be a bad memory to you, but a happy for others. Imposing your personal feelings on an inanimate object, and conjuring the reasons for why it's there, is inevitably going to be a negative experience.

I'm sure Mayflower brings up happiness for Indy fans. For Baltimore fans, and I would dare say many NFL fans who know something about NFL history, it's a black mark on the league. I don't blame Indianapolis fans, because they like NFL football, and the Colts have been there thirty years. I've said previously , it's not a proud moment in NFL history with the Browns moving to Baltimore. The thing you don't see is Baltimore ownership rubbing it in to Cleveland fans. I'm rather shocked that he would find the move as one of the prouder moments in Colts history.

Then why are you here dwelling on the eccentric son of a dead man and beating everything he does to death? If it doesn't matter, show it.

The move itself no longer matters, but the history of how it is portrayed does.

The only thing I would like to see Irsay do , which will never happen, is to vacate and retire all Baltimore Colt records pre-1984. The second would be to have a seperate area in the Hall of Fame for the old Baltimore Colts. The logos and uniforms are a bummer for us, but you guys have had them for many years, and I understand the love of the horseshoe. Most of the old records are broken, and none of those Hall of Famers played in Indy.

That being said, we'll never see it, and be told that we should just forget about our old heroes and Championships that happened in our city before the Irsay's ever owned the team. That is the hardest thing to swallow, and why Mayflower is a hated symbol, even as a toy.

If you're not trolling, then I have to say you're being obtuse at times. Exhibit A: That you continue to insist Jim Irsay was taking a shot at Ed Reed, when he was clearly poking fun at the fanbase, to which we all laughed because we got the joke.

Because his tweets are so hard to discipher , many people including bronco's people, Manning, Polian , Fox , writers , take some of his tweets the wrong way, or are they ? Only he knows for sure.