Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

irsay tweets again.

Stephen

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He basically said injuries are not an execuse, win the division or else. It was a big shot at the coaching staff that he likes the record, but is far from amused with the play on the field.

"Must find a way 2 win Division,no excuses,no explanations..hide weaknesses,accent strengthens/We gotta get our heads out of r butts-WAKE UP!"

He signs the checks. Where in his tweets was he wrong? I'm not always a fan of him tweeting...but this time he is dead on. The team needs to "pull their heads out of their butts" and figure out a way to get it done

As I'm sure that they will against Tennessee @ LOS. Then what happens after that is anyone's guess.

At some point in this thread, this will be appropriate:

tumblr_ls6wsgMdon1qm34rv.gif

lol. You have to admit, Irsay just basically said "win the next game or see me in my office for a chat." There was also a golf analogy in his rant that essentially said if you dont have the full complement of clubs, make something work by adjusting the clubs you have. Irsay is refusing to accept the injuries excuse for the play the last 3 games, and he is not amused by the adjustments that have been made.

Here are all of them:

1. We'll close ranks n stick together n BELIEVE! We'll get it fixed n earn our Div/Camp Hats/Failure is not an option!! How Bad Do WE Want It!

2. I didn't break the bank,millions cash over cap/Load Brinks Truck,only to be hijacked n stormed on the way 2 stadium by machine gun MANIACS!

3. Must find a way 2 win Division,no excuses,no explanations..hide weaknesses,accent strengthens/We gotta get our heads out of r butts-WAKE UP!

4. In Golf you're allowed 14 clubs..but if you're playing with 9 clubs..U got to hood a 8 iron n hIt It like a 4 iron! Improvise n find a way!

5. 7-4,2 game lead,5 to go with our injurIes n schedule is something we'd take 3 months ago/But the play n last 10 out of 12 quarters-ALARMING

Bring on the "holier than thou" crowd that thinks Irsay doesn't have right to speak his mind about the team he owns on twitter.

That would be all the ignorant posters on Pro Football Talk who compare Irsay to Jerry Jones...or call him "a drunk like his old man". And oh yeah, it's top page news at the TMZ of the NFL. Florio can suck it. Scumbag....

lol. You have to admit, Irsay just basically said "win the next game or see me in my office for a chat." There was also a golf analogy in his rant that essentially said if you dont have the full complement of clubs, make something work by adjusting the clubs you have. Irsay is refusing to accept the injuries excuse for the play the last 3 games, and he is not amused by the adjustments that have been made.

I think everyone knows the impact the injuries are having right now. Reggie's injury has proven to be devastating, no question about it.

The problem isn't that we're showing the effects of being hampered by injury. The problem is that we're not doing enough from a coaching/gameplanning/playcalling standpoint to overcome it. He said 'hide the weaknesses, accentuate the strengths,' and Pagano, Pep and Manusky are not doing that right now.

A loss here and there isn't the problem. Like Irsay said, 7-4, up two in the division, that's fine and well. The problem is that we've been outscored 93-12 in the first half in the last four games. The team isn't prepared to play, and that's on coaching. The way we've lost to the Rams and the Cardinals, and the way we started against the Texans and Titans, that's what the problem is.

I stared the  Sunday thread on Pep and I don't retract any of it. I didn't call (who would listen to me anyway ) for any immediate firing , all I said was "very exciting." I posted this comment by a pretty smart guy that writes in Stampede. Imo , this is why Richardson is getting stoned every time he touches the ball. Defenses are gambling that they have Pep pretty much figured out and sell out on the run. No doubt Brown has probably been running better but I think TR is questioning his skills and IMO part of it is due to Pep. I can't tell you how happy I am that Irsay is not happy with this coaching staff and I think he even takes a little shot at grigson for how he spent his money. Anyway , this is the second time I've posted this opinion by Matt Greco and I think he is spot on.

There is more than enough evidence that the Colts Offense has been figured out by the NFL's Defensive Coordinators, and it looks like it took them less than half a season. The only week where they've played well since Week 5 was when their opponents had a short week. Teams don't go from five consecutive weeks with Offensive games in the top 20% overall in the league to (almost) every game being in the bottom half of the league, and some in the bottom 10% (one of those was with Reggie Wayne, mind you). This isn't college where there is a giant talent disparity between the have's and the have not's. You have to continually mold your offense, continue to change it, or else you'll see results like we've seen with the Colts the past six or seven weeks.

I think everyone knows the impact the injuries are having right now. Reggie's injury has proven to be devastating, no question about it.

The problem isn't that we're showing the effects of being hampered by injury. The problem is that we're not doing enough from a coaching/gameplanning/playcalling standpoint to overcome it. He said 'hide the weaknesses, accentuate the strengths,' and Pagano, Pep and Manusky are not doing that right now.

A loss here and there isn't the problem. Like Irsay said, 7-4, up two in the division, that's fine and well. The problem is that we've been outscored 93-12 in the first half in the last four games. The team isn't prepared to play, and that's on coaching. The way we've lost to the Rams and the Cardinals, and the way we started against the Texans and Titans, that's what the problem is.

Granted Wayne is a nice player , but it's way more than that. He's a 34 year old WR , pedestrian speed , good hands and runs nice routes. But no way in holy heck you should be shut down losing him. The real problem is they have Pep's offense figured out and they are stuffing the run , running stunts and blitzes at Luck and this coaching staff can't or isn't making the proper adjustments.

On defense , they have been running a lot of stop and goes after we showed some great press coverage in the Denver game. Davis has been biting like crazy and Tolar has been out. Not sure how much of that is on the coaching staff. But I guess we are going to get Davis a bit cheaper .

Granted Wayne is a nice player , but it's way more than that. He's a 34 year old WR , pedestrian speed , good hands and runs nice routes. But no way in holy heck you should be shut down losing him. The real problem is they have Pep's offense figured out and they are stuffing the run , running stunts and blitzes at Luck and this coaching staff can't or isn't making the proper adjustments.

On defense , they have been running a lot of stop and goes after we showed some great press coverage in the Denver game. Davis has been biting like crazy and Tolar has been out. Not sure how much of that is on the coaching staff. But I guess we are going to get Davis a bit cheaper .

They always had Pep's offense figured out, aside from a couple of nice showings. From the beginning of the season, everyone felt Pep's play calling was tired and predictable. I was hoping he'd expand his approach, and he really hasn't, but again, part of that is having so many new pieces.

Despite Reggie's physical limitations, he's always been a productive receiver, and was Luck's favorite target. Now, on the third down, Luck is scanning the field, which is good, but no one is open, which is the problem. Reggie would work his way open, or at least give a window, and no one else can do that. The route combinations on third down also suck, as they make it easy for Hilton to be doubled, and rarely give Luck a hot option with a chance for some YAC.

But I wasn't saying that Reggie's injury has been the only thing. It's probably the biggest single factor over the last month. But we've lost a lot of skill guys that were to be starters or play significant roles. 

I agree on defense. Fitzgerald got away with a PI on Davis on Sunday, and then hit Vaughn with the double move. Bethea can't seem to cover anyone. If Toler is still out Sunday, I wish we'd put Butler in there instead. 

They always had Pep's offense figured out, aside from a couple of nice showings. From the beginning of the season, everyone felt Pep's play calling was tired and predictable. I was hoping he'd expand his approach, and he really hasn't, but again, part of that is having so many new pieces.

Despite Reggie's physical limitations, he's always been a productive receiver, and was Luck's favorite target. Now, on the third down, Luck is scanning the field, which is good, but no one is open, which is the problem. Reggie would work his way open, or at least give a window, and no one else can do that. The route combinations on third down also suck, as they make it easy for Hilton to be doubled, and rarely give Luck a hot option with a chance for some YAC.

But I wasn't saying that Reggie's injury has been the only thing. It's probably the biggest single factor over the last month. But we've lost a lot of skill guys that were to be starters or play significant roles. 

I agree on defense. Fitzgerald got away with a PI on Davis on Sunday, and then hit Vaughn with the double move. Bethea can't seem to cover anyone. If Toler is still out Sunday, I wish we'd put Butler in there instead. 

Good post .

I would say he should take the few core players we have and rebuild everything from players to coaches or ur gonna waste andrew lucks career and or shorten it. Suck it up n start over cuz there are way too many holes to fill here. Depth was n is a problem but u got guys like davis that look like rookies or fourth stringers. U can figure out what im getting at.

I don't know why people make a big deal about Irsay tweeting.  He's saying what the fan base would say.  That's what tweeter is for and yet people criticize him doing so.  Yes, he sometimes goes overboard, but hey, I don't judge.  Its good to see people passionate about football.  You don't see our team getting into drug problems and harassing teammates.  I'd say, Let the tweets fly!

An organization works top down. We have the best owner, and if the coaches don't right the ship, he will.

Mr. Irsay is the only part of management team that is like the rest of us, a Colts fan. He is the only one who cares what the fans think. The coaching staff may wear blue but except for a few exceptions, they are hired guns that do no lose a wink of sleep if the horseshoe on their cap becomes a Raven, they are fans as long as they draw a paycheck. Perhaps this is not true of someone like uncle Ted but really it's the small people in the organization that will be here for years and years that really care about the Colts first and always. I think Mr. Irsay should give this coaching staff grief for being so slow to react to our slow start problem and I suspect he has done so. Bravo.

Wayne was the consummate pro.  He was the the guy Luck looked to on 3rd down, and he delivered-moving the chains. He drew attention of the opposing teams best defenders, usually more than one, opening up the field for the younger playmakers to get targets.  Not that there was many attempts, nor need, but Luck did not complete a single pass in the Bronco game once Reggie was hurt.  3 incomplete passes, one negated by penalty.  All the rest runs.  And the 10 out of 12 quarters since...     :(

Stop Colts O?  Easy. load box. stop TRich. drop receiver on short route, Dorce 3rd and long.  Blitz/stunt: especially the A gap.  3 n out. Enter McAfee (who has slumped a little in his own right).

I'm glad nobody has tweeted Irsay to take the Chill Pill, or block twitter, everything will be alright.  Just keep writing those checks...

I would say he should take the few core players we have and rebuild everything from players to coaches or ur gonna waste andrew lucks career and or shorten it. Suck it up n start over cuz there are way too many holes to fill here. Depth was n is a problem but u got guys like davis that look like rookies or fourth stringers. U can figure out what im getting at.

Superman called it

So much for the rebuilding excuses. Funny, the tweeting man hired the guys he 's tearing up. Let's hide behind the, I'm a fan like you, so I escape criticism ,as an owner.

Maybe the coaches should be tweeting how the owner and GM traded away a 1 for an underachieving running back, or how they can't hide the injuries because the owner and GM didn't provide enough quality depth. Maybe they would say he didn't spend his millions over cap wisely.

The bottom line is internal sniping never helps anyone. Coaches who are on eggshells, don't coach well. Players feel the pressure and play tight. I've seen all of this play out in an earlier time, in a different place, with the same logo, but a different Irsay. There was no twitter then, the father just went into the locker room and lit into coaches and players. Call it unsocial media back in the 1970's. It didn't help those Colts team

then, and I don't think it will help this Colts team now.

So much for the rebuilding excuses. Funny, the tweeting man hired the guys he 's tearing up. Let's hide behind the, I'm a fan like you, so I escape criticism ,as an owner.

Maybe the coaches should be tweeting how the owner and GM traded away a 1 for an underachieving running back, or how they can't hide the injuries because the owner and GM didn't provide enough quality depth. Maybe they would say he didn't spend his millions over cap wisely.

The bottom line is internal sniping never helps anyone. Coaches who are on eggshells, don't coach well. Players feel the pressure and play tight. I've seen all of this play out in an earlier time, in a different place, with the same logo, but a different Irsay. There was no twitter then, the father just went into the locker room and lit into coaches and players. Call it unsocial media back in the 1970's. It didn't help those Colts team

then, and I don't think it will help this Colts team now.

I disagree, Pagano and Pep have been underachieving and if the owner doesn't put them in check than who is going to?

Maybe Irsay has said something to Grigson about some of his acquisitions ... we don't know.

I am sure if Pagano went to Grigson with a list of players he wanted gone and a list of positions he needed, Grigson would turn over rocks and try to find something (although I don't think Pagano would ever do that) ... whats available may not be better, but I get the feeling Grigson would try.

Maybe the coaches should be tweeting how the owner and GM traded away a 1 for an underachieving running back, or how they can't hide the injuries because the owner and GM didn't provide enough quality depth.

That sure would be a monumental amount of "quality depth." Eh let's see, they only lost their 5 best offensive players at their respective positions.

That sure would be a monumental amount of "quality depth." Eh let's see, they only lost their 5 best offensive players at their respective positions.

He is the one saying injuries are not an excuse, not me. It definately kills you when you aren't healthy. That is why the Ravens lost four of five late last season. They got a bunch of guys back, and went on that run. You guys are battered , but do you think he's giving the coaches a break ?

He signs the checks. Where in his tweets was he wrong? I'm not always a fan of him tweeting...but this time he is dead on. The team needs to "pull their heads out of their butts" and figure out a way to get it done

if any of us spent 140 million to improve the team with zero results, would we have been as patient as irsay? I say to jim ,do what needs to be done to get a return on your investment

I disagree, Pagano and Pep have been underachieving and if the owner doesn't put them in check than who is going to?

Maybe Irsay has said something to Grigson about some of his acquisitions ... we don't know.

I am sure if Pagano went to Grigson with a list of players he wanted gone and a list of positions he needed, Grigson would turn over rocks and try to find something (although I don't think Pagano would ever do that) ... whats available may not be better, but I get the feeling Grigson would try.

You can do it, just do it internally. I'm not saying Pagano is the answer for you guys, but pressuring him when he is dealing with massive injuries , etc is not the answer. Get the division title, and hopefully you'll get some guys back for the playoff run and get hot. Irsay should understand this as an owner , and stop acting like an ill advised fan.

This is a situation where Jim can say what he wants but Reggie was absolutely necessary for this team to succeed this year, we simply don't have enough talent to win long term without him this year unless we can get a lift from activating a guy like Rogers because this current group we have out there now is just not good enough for one reason or another

if any of us spent 140 million to improve the team with zero results, would we have been as patient as irsay? I say to jim ,do what needs to be done to get a return on your investment

Almost all the owners spend as much as they can against the cap to put the best team on the field. Trust me, he has more than gotten his return on his investments over the years. He has gotten very good results, including thus far this year , but injuries have taken a bit of a toll. Why not get with Grigson and see what can be done to help the players and coaches , rather than tweeting like a goof.

This is a situation where Jim can say what he wants but Reggie was absolutely necessary for this team to succeed this year, we simply don't have enough talent to win long term without him this year unless we can get a lift from activating a guy like Rogers because this current group we have out there now is just not good enough for one reason or another

The Wayne injury definately hurt you guys, but you never know. Win your division , get in the playoffs, and you never know what will happen. You've beaten three great teams, so you can go on a run. The only appropriate thing that Irsay tweeted was to stay together and believe. The other stuff is of no help.

He is the one saying injuries are not an excuse, not me. It definately kills you when you aren't healthy. That is why the Ravens lost four of five late last season. They got a bunch of guys back, and went on that run. You guys are battered , but do you think he's giving the coaches a break ?

Definitely agree that injuries can make a dramatic impact. With regards to Irsay perhaps giving the coaches a break, I'm not sure because some of his tweets seem directed towards the team as a whole. The whole Tweet about breaking the bank to get robbed could be a shot at Grigson and forking out a lot of $ for players underperforming.

I have no clue in all honesty, his cryptic Tweets just confuse me but the underlying tone is he seems unhappy with the way the team has been playing of late.

Definitely agree that injuries can make a dramatic impact. With regards to Irsay perhaps giving the coaches a break, I'm not sure because some of his tweets seem directed towards the team as a whole. The whole Tweet about breaking the bank to get robbed could be a shot at Grigson and forking out a lot of $ for players underperforming.

I have no clue in all honesty, his cryptic Tweets just confuse me but the underlying tone is he seems unhappy with the way the team has been playing of late.

On all fairness, I wouldn't expect him to be happy so I understand his frustration. Hopefully, instead of tweeting, he's meeting internally with Grigson and Pagano to get some strategy for the playoff run. This silly pandering to fans doesn't help the situation, and can only fan the flames against Pagano and his staff. If he's not happy at the end of the season, assess things, and clean house. All good organizations display a united front.