Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (- 3 1/2) at Kansas City (12-1-13)

oldunclemark

over-under - 51

That's high for a KC game but not for a Broncos game

I have seen Denver (-4) in some places...

This line should change defending on which injured players play for both sides...

Pivotal game of the year for both sides...

Very big game. If Denver loses, there is a good chance they return to Foxboro.

NE should win their last 5..(Houston, Cleveland, Miami, Balt and Buffalo) but Denver should win their last 4...(Oak, SD, Tenn and Houston)

....A KC win Sunday and they can be 1 or 2 seed .....a loss and they will be the 5th seed at best....

Might be the pivotal game remaining this season....

early weather..for KC....51 and sunny..light winds,,,,

.....obviously....very good news for the Broncos

Post MRI tests I imagine as were scheduled Monday

4) Who is healthy enough to play Sunday at Kansas City?

Broncos interim coach Jack Del Rio said during his news conference Monday that he expects cornerback Champ Bailey (foot) and tight end Julius Thomas (knee) to play against the Chiefs this weekend.

Defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson (hip), safety Omar Bolden (concussion) and running back Knowshon Moreno (ankle) will be iffy.- ((  never mentioned Cromartie here  but the below says day to day like Bolden )

Read more: Five Questions: Issues are worth addressing after Broncos loss to Patriots - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24601109/five-questions-issues-are-worth-addressing-after-broncos-loss-patriots#ixzz2lkPMCskf 

Status for DT Kevin Vickerson (hip) is still uncertain. Waiting for more tests.

CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (shoulder) and safety Omar Bolden (concussion) are day-to-day.

Knowshon Moreno has bone bruise on ankle. Jack Del Rio said Moreno may be practicing by end of week.

3:44 PM - 25 Nov 2013

Jack Del Rio said he expects CB Champ Bailey (foot) and TE Julius Thomas (knee) to play this week against Kansas City.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/11/25/5145340/denver-broncos-injury-updates

Knowshon Moreno's bruised leg bone, fumbles by backups have Broncos concerned

Read more: Knowshon Moreno's bruised leg bone, fumbles by backups have Broncos concerned - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24601111/backfield-motion#ixzz2lkKDNSJE 

( during the game announcers said Bailey probably could of played Vs Pats but was inactive , and Broncos when cromartie went down probably wished they activated him, -- he probably would of been to rustyy to matter, never will know )

KC last week had a good ariel attack as Smith was finally told to go deep, Bowe and Donnie avery were free alot, esp averry deep, may just have a shootout like KC/ Chargers game if Broncos are hurting at CB / DB & Bailey Rusty

KC main DL injuries' updates

encouraged that MRI results on Hali's injured right ankle showed only what coach Andy Reid called a "slight sprain" 

'

Houston has what Reid called a subluxation of his right elbow. He was also scheduled for an MRI on Monday, but it was postponed because of swelling.

"After the game they were trying to keep the swelling down, but you could see after the game it was puffing up a little bit, and then overnight it was swollen even more," Reid said.

Houston appeared in the Kansas City locker room on Monday with his arm tightly bound and in a sling. When he was approached by reporters, Houston said he was told not to say anything.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10035706/injury-news-tamba-hali-justin-houston-kansas-city-chiefs-mixed

Have a good day , getting medicine surgically  implanted for me today &   with follow up IV that , helps with my neck / post op cervical verterbreaa   - current spinal cords / nerve root condition,

expect would with Peyton too but would be considered PEDS, greatly improves my muscle strength but right arm still quite week, then again i had more veterbrea operated on than him, i wonder if would help him even more, shame as if deemed medically needed  for peyton or just helpful yet violates policy, Though i am not exactly sure what all policy rules are .  Pretty sure my Dr would consider it needed procedure for Peyton but never really discussed it with him and few blood  tests are needed first to make sure its required

PS before leaving for most of day

Per Mike Klis Denver Post

Knowshon Moreno injury is a significant  ( not significant by NFL standards ) bone bruise; but still status is questionable vs. Chiefs

He will be questionable at best to play Sunday at Kansas City.

Then what? After Moreno, the Broncos have a trust issue. Montee Ball, a rookie, has lost two fumbles in 72 carries, and Ronnie Hillman has two fumbles in 40 attempts. C.J. Anderson, has just seven NFL carries and he fumbled 

The Broncos can’t bench them all. With Moreno gimpy, the Broncos may have little choice but to put some trust in their young running backs this week.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/11/25/broncos-rb-situation-kids-by-committee/23468/

early weather..for KC....51 and sunny..light winds,,,,

.....obviously....very good news for the Broncos

a subluxation of the elbow

What?

love it , Dr lets me use computer between surgery & IV

A subluxation is similar to a dislocation but not as bad , u might say its a partial dislocation, the joint bone  1 of the lower ( forearm ) arm bones is moved out of its socket in upper bone , its common in kids simply by having arm pulkled to hard , can be as simple as holding a childs hand that is short and outstrched to reach u and then slips & one tries to hold the child up  & is often called Nursemaid's elbow

, gets rarer in teens as  ligaments and bones strengthen and mature  ,    but football trauma can overcome that increase in joint strength and accidents occur if fall or arm gets pulled just right or caught under someone else and u get rolled away = to pulling of arm 

it often can be simply put back in place & there isnt usuaally any major bone injury, but lets wait for MRI to evaluate the ligaments

Kevin Vickerson has dislocated hip miss at least 6 weeks

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10038730/kevin-vickerson-denver-broncos-dislocated-hip-miss-least-6-weeks&ex_cid=MyESPNToday_Team

Sly williams and Urein better stop Charles & whomever up the middle

I don't see K.C. losing two games to Denver. This is their Super Bowl, and I pray to God they win it.

I think they will lost two games to Denver. Their defense has been exposed a bit and they just don't have the firepower to stay with the Broncos.....  :36dancing:

I think they will lost two games to Denver. Their defense has been exposed a bit and they just don't have the firepower to stay with the Broncos.....  :36dancing:

agree D may have been exposed somewhat but last week they came out with a different game plan , threw tthe ball and did well losing a high scoring shootout with a second left in game

Broncos secondary decimated, they dont even have a backup FS, they r using now 2 strong safeties with Mike Adams trying to be a FS

With injuries on both teams i am not sure what to expect, and who is even going to be Broncos RB, even if Moreno can start , he cant be used to much

If Julius Thomas plays, that is a BIG boost for Peyton. Whenever Peyton did well vs the Patriots as a Colt, Dallas Clark was a big factor. He definitely missed that big TE in the Pats game, IMO.

I still expect the Broncos to pull out a close one at KC. The only way KC stays close is if the KC offense jumps out to a 10 pt. lead and keep Peyton playing from behind consistently thus letting their run game control tempo now that Vickerson is out for 6 weeks.

As always, it will come down to the passing game of Peyton and possibly passing game of Alex Smith.

If Julius Thomas plays, that is a BIG boost for Peyton. Whenever Peyton did well vs the Patriots as a Colt, Dallas Clark was a big factor. He definitely missed that big TE in the Pats game, IMO.

I still expect the Broncos to pull out a close one at KC. The only way KC stays close is if the KC offense jumps out to a 10 pt. lead and keep Peyton playing from behind consistently thus letting their run game control tempo now that Vickerson is out for 6 weeks.

As always, it will come down to the passing game of Peyton and possibly passing game of Alex Smith.

JT & Bailey expected to play, Moreno got broke if can play gets limited carries and must trust backup RB doesnt fumble ( get hester or v Lance ball to replace roster as 

now the talk is IR for vickerson,

though they maay gd go for another DT as article suggests, KC last week showed caan throw ball so not sure with decimated DBs, a Strong Safty playing Rahim Moores FS spot too  Reid my call for the long v ball to avery and again Bowe more invloved or Charles up middle to test the DL or combo of both, -- will be interesting game

From Denver Post 

Not even three weeks removed from being a healthy scratch in San Diego, Williams is now charged with filling in for veteran left defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson, who is expected to be placed on season-ending injured reserve

Injuries such as Vickerson's typically sideline players for a minimum of eight weeks, which would mean the 30-year-old defensive tackle would be ready to go by late January, if the Broncos are still playing by then.

With that timeline in mind, it makes little sense for the team to do anything but count Vickerson out for the season and look to sign a free-agent tackle, which it's expected to do.

(( bet ya KC Charles is salivating , and now they found an areial attack and denver DBs decimated with injuries -- should prove an interesting game as not sure what game plans of either team are, esp of KC )

Read more: With Kevin Vickerson out for season, first-round pick Sylvester Williams next man up for defense - The Denver Post http://www.denverpos...e#ixzz2lqv0mjQF 

====================================================================================

I also thought as posted elswhere this was intersting on where mile high report places blame for loss to Ne on del rio running moreno into the  ground, no halftime adjustments and never letting peyton get warmed up for when needed 

also of note as Fox left Scoring went down, running went up

get this Broncos Mile High Report, sister/ brother/ sibling ( whatever is politically correct )  publication to stampede blue

blames loss on Del Rio Vs Fox , doesnt like fox but says Del Rio doesnt make halftime adjustments at all Vs 1 thing Fox can do , like me was nervous still at being up 24- 0 at halftime remembering last years chargers game, yells at del Rio for a game plan that revolves around running an injury prone RB into the ground when hes your only trusted RB, and esp not ever letting Peyton get warmed up and into a  Rhythm saying basically Del Rio took Foxball to a whole level more, (think he means  fox really likes to run alot in his core belief but then came peyton ) 

Long article then a few excerpts from ending 

The Finger.

With an early lead, DC Del Rio and OC Adam Gase bet on not needing a "warm" Peyton at any pointduring the game, and then they pretty much ignored the changing landscape of the game until it was too late.

Rhythm isn't just about throwing 30 passes, it's about not being handcuffed so that, you know, you're able to, like, find a rhythm.

Closure.

I'm not suggesting you play for a shootout when you're up by 24 at the half, nor am I suggesting we ignore the weather and a gimpy ankle. I'm simply saying that you still need to warm up your Ferrari in case you need him -

and even that you should have done it already before half-time. I'm saying this was Tom Brady going against our secondary that basically had every starter on the sidelines. In his house.

I'm wondering why Rio saw this as such an uber limited possibility to where it was decided to stick with the "run, run, pass" that had the offense running for records but sputtering to score points all game long.

DC Del Rio got into trouble for assuming, like Chief fans generally have, that the breaks wouldn't eventually balance out in the second-half - that Lady Luck is loyal. She's not loyal..... things balance themselves out eventually ( in not so conservative words ) 

This was a bad place and a bad environment to expect to hang on and hold on for so long, all while keeping your best player in shackles. Rio, you failed to react. You failed to adapt\

What to do going forward? Simple: Dance with the one who brought ya. Don't forget who's taking you home. Or hey, I'll tell you what: you decide how much you want to share your love - how loyal or how jealous you want to be with him.

You can choose to dance with Moreno from time to time if you like, but one way or another let's just all agree that we never again treat anybody but Peyton F. Manning as the bread winner of this family. If we go down, we go down swinging. And it'll be by his right arm and none others.

Oh, and no more Foxball, Rio. Two pees in a pod, you and Coach Fox. The difference being that Foxy Bear is clearly the better half-time adjuster, and is clearly more adaptable to having The Freaking on his team. Get well soon, Coach. We miss ya much! Peace out, my peeps!

http://www.milehighr...ointing-fingers

NE should win their last 5..(Houston, Cleveland, Miami, Balt and Buffalo) but Denver should win their last 4...(Oak, SD, Tenn and Houston)

....A KC win Sunday and they can be 1 or 2 seed .....a loss and they will be the 5th seed at best....

Might be the pivotal game remaining this season....

Broncos PRACTICE WED

Peyton Manning's Wednesday absences are becoming something of a routine for the Broncos.

Yet again, there should be little to no cause for alarm.

Also missing from practice were running back Knowshon Moreno, who suffered a bone bruise on his lower leg Sunday, tight end Joel Dreessen and cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, who suffered a shoulder injury Sunday.

Both Rodgers-Cromartie and Moreno were classified Monday by coach Jack Del Rio as day-to-day,

and Dreessen has taken Wednesdays off as often as Manning has this season.

At Wednesday's practice, running back Montee Ball worked with the tight ends for much of the media-viewing period, and tight end Julius Thomas got time with the receivers.

Safety Omar Bolden, who suffered a concussion Sunday, did not appear to have a helmet with him during the viewing period.

Read more: Peyton Manning sits out another Wednesday practice for Broncos - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24613298/peyton-manning-out-wednesday-practice-broncos#ixzz2lsJ6LM8K 

True Bogie..if KC loses Sunday and falls 2 behind Denver with 4 to play..they're the 5th seed which means they have to win 3 AFC road playoff games.

That wont happen.

\

wed Bronco / KC Injury Practice report , Have a great holiday

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/11/27/5153250/manning-moreno-miss-broncos-practice-wednesday-injury-report

Peyton Hopes to be well enough to return to wed practices next week But up to Staff evaluation, not him

After Wednesday's session, it didn't sound like Manning has any intention of making a missed practice a week a permanent feature the rest of the season.

“I’d certainly like to be back out there," Manning said. "This was (Head Athletic Trainer Steve Antonopulos) ‘Greek’ and the coaches’ orders, but I’d prefer to be back out there.

"Hopefully by next week that may be so.”

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Manning-Hopes-to-Return-to-Wednesday-Practices/07b0ffb4-5178-484f-91fa-28b7d0c39b16

Denver/ KC final injury report for Friday, LINK BELOW 

Moreno Discusses his health 3 minute video

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Moreno-Updates-Status/8442d964-f007-4145-8bda-

325c7c5625d2

Encouraging as it was for Moreno to be listed as "probable" instead of "questionable" on the Broncos' injury report Friday, the team is not planning on giving him 37 carries this week, or even the 27 attempts he had two weeks ago against the Chiefs, for 79 hard-fought yards.

Ball is again expected to spell Moreno and it's possible second-year back Ronnie Hillman will play some for the first time since he fumbled at the Indianapolis' 2-yard line on Oct. 20

Read more: Knowshon Moreno to start for Broncos against the Chiefs - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24625021/champ-bailey-probable-broncos-vs-chiefs-game#ixzz2m4fNGSon 

DENVER Inury's

JT & DRC both limited , both Questionable, franklly I expected both but at least one to be probable , this suprises me from all comments I had read thought the week

all rest practiced in full Friday and probable save for Moore & Vickerson of course

Peyton sure can use JT & that Defense needs Cromartie over Bailey, yet during the week the only " iffy " i read was applied to  Bailey & Moreno   , Del rio had done a poor job of communicating this week

KC Injuries colors below due to web site of injury report copy & Paste

DB Sanders Comming         OUT       3rd string FS

LB Justin Houston              out,

Sanders is not significant loss, Houston  out can give Peyton more pocket time esp  if without JT though  PEYTON was never touched anyway in fiirst game

Queationable for KC , 

LB Tamba Hali   other outside LB would be a big loss, even if limited with ankle and plays 

T Eric Fisher                          Thats  starters of the OL

G Jon Asamoah

DL Mike DeVito      starter at RDE

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Friday-HealthONE-Injury-Report/2eb23c5a-7263-45fe-8e24-c0fe5496d3c3

KC web Video  will try  to force turnovers, at 1:30 maRK saying only Denvers Turnovers are whats stops there own offense & to keep Peyton on Bench with ground game  

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Matchup-Breakdown-Week-13/2db39848-2459-497b-97cc-afc2285187f8

KC website < KC REPORTER Video,. what they will attack , copy Patriots 2nd half adjustments to score  as well  Vs Denver secondary and crowd goes loud for 12 th man  & run charles in way diod last week for 8.2 yards/ carry  in way  that they blocked for him ( not in Video but in another Use Donnie Avery's speed to get free of Broncos secondary, also  )

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center/videos/Focus-Points-for-Week-13/6691d16c-0f16-46ef-908c-3ddaa3f9ad67

I think the weather will be a factor. If it is cold and windy like the Pats game then I give KC a chance, if not, I think Denver rolls them like they did two weeks ago.

I don't see K.C. losing two games to Denver. This is their Super Bowl, and I pray to God they win it.

The weather will be no factor..upper 40s and light winds.

I'd activate Hillman in case Moreno cant go....but Manning will be throwing 40 times....with normal weather

I think the injured KC O-linemen will play. They have to..Denver's rush is getting stronger..

Julius Thomas needs to be ready but Cromartie is more crucial 

I'd activate Hillman in case Moreno cant go....but Manning will be throwing 40 times....with normal weather

I think the injured KC O-linemen will play. They have to..Denver's rush is getting stronger..

Get this

Not sure if u saw it as depends when u clicked on injury report link but at bottom  of report now has wolfe as questionable, wasnt listed there yesterday

Derek Wolfe falls ill, may miss Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs game

Some time between the Broncos' practice Friday and when the team departed at mid-afternoon for its trip to Kansas City, starting defensive lineman Derek Wolfe fell ill.

If Wolfe cannot make the trip to Kansas City, the Broncos would likely downgrade his playing status by 2 p.m. Saturday. ( as is questionable now , must mean downgraded to out  and not just doubtful if he isnt even in KC , its wait & see ) 

( thing is Broncos left Friday from what i get by reading article, so maybe they mean if wolfe doesnt feel better & cant make a separate trip )

There's also a strong possibility another stater, right cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, won't play because of a shoulder injury.

Even before Wolfe fell ill Friday, the season had taken a physical toll on the second-year player from Cincinnati. In an interview Thursday with the Denver Post, Wolfe disclosed his weight has been down. He got food poisoning from a bad batch of spinach before he suffered a neck injury during the Broncos' preseason game Aug. 17 at Seattle.

"I had a rough six weeks where it was just hard to put weight on," Wolfe said. "That's why this season has been such a grind. The neck was a lot of stress. And the thing about me is when I'm stressed I lose weight."

Wolfe has been playing this year at 275 pounds - about five to 10 less than what he said would be his ideal playing weight and 15 to 20 pounds less than when the Broncos drafted high in the second round last year.

If Wolfe can't play, the Broncos are expected to divvy is snaps between the other rotational defensive line players: Robert Ayers, Malik Jackson, Sylvester Williams, Mitch Unrein and Shaun Phillips.

Read more: Derek Wolfe falls ill, may miss Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs game - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24626734/derek-wolfe-broncos-falls-ill-may-miss-kansas#ixzz2m7josIQ4 

I don't think Thomas is that big of a deal. Jacob played well last week and he played like an all star when he replaced Clark. TE will not be the reason they lose if that happens......  :36dancing:

Moreno Probable But  the attention has now turned to the next three running backs on the depth chart who will be called upon to help lessen the load on Moreno.   Gase said it’d be a goal to use the entire group of running backs to spread out the carries.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Run-Game-A-Work-in-Progress/80834405-a231-4ef1-892c-ce0a4906445c

UPDATED  Bronco/ KC Injury report , at least I hope no one else catches whatever Wolfe came down with on bus to airport

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Friday-HealthONE-Injury-Report/2eb23c5a-7263-45fe-8e24-c0fe5496d3c3

Broncos' Derek Wolfe now ruled out for KC game with illness

Wolfe is being treated at a Denver hospital after becoming ill on the team's bus to Denver International Airport on Friday. He was taken by ambulance to a local hospital after becoming sick and is being evaluated to determine the cause of his symptoms.

Wolfe, who's started each of the Broncos' 11 games this season, plays defensive end in their base defense and tackle in their passing packages.

The Broncos will likely split Wolfe's snaps between Robert Ayers, Malik Jackson, Sylvester Williams, Mitch Unrein and Shaun Phillips

((  MY TAKE 2 DL in 1 week, Cromarties & JT unknown , And rahim moore on IR, sheesch , I really dont think save for maybe 1 that a week hasnt gone by without at least 1 injury, Cromarties is needed, Bailey way to rusty & slow  against esp speedy Avery & Quality Bowe , and with Moore out,  Mike Adams again a Strong Safety will play FS so also a liability as seen last week in pass game,-- This game the next man up has to show up and play hard ))

Read more: Broncos' Derek Wolfe ruled out for Kansas City game with illness - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24629496/broncos-derek-wolfe-ruled-out-kansas-city-game#ixzz2m9gI6AwO 

BTW wolfe got his 4th sack of season going through KC's LT Eric Fischer 

?? is there something about the Karma of Peytons teams, Last playoff Vs Ravens coldest game ever at Denver,---  Last weeks at New England coldest in 22 years  ???

I don't think Thomas is that big of a deal. Jacob played well last week and he played like an all star when he replaced Clark. TE will not be the reason they lose if that happens......  :36dancing:

I think the weather will be a factor. If it is cold and windy like the Pats game then I give KC a chance, if not, I think Denver rolls them like they did two weeks ago.

Very strange about Derek Wolfe.......H e has to be in bad shape to miss a game like this

in preseason wolfec got food poisoning when ate bad spinach and never regained weight lost

hgecwas fine afterr practice, the bus lefdt only 1 hr later and he got sick on bus, amazing

through in Fox Re bad Karma for the team  I hope he knows what bhe is doing returning this fast

I also wonder about that, but whats worse, the stress of being idle that last game and questioning every play maybe to onself and saying if only i was there I'd of done this in 2nd half  & the stress of  the turnover collapse in 2nd half , or the stress of sideline action

through in Fox Re bad Karma for the team  I hope he knows what bhe is doing returning this fast

I also wonder about that, but whats worse, the stress of being idle that last game and questioning every play maybe to onself and saying if only i was there I'd of done this in 2nd half  & the stress of  the turnover collapse in 2nd half , or the stress of sideline action

Sounds like Wolfe needs more than a week off.....he's clearly not well.....

Broncos have home games Dec. 8 vs Tenn and Dec. 12 vs. SD....

..He probably needs to skip those as well..

Final forecast...50 and sunny.,.5-10 MPH wings

..weather will not be an issue

I will take any good news thanks, have a good day, am off quite busy now as 

JUST GOT CALL and found out mom lost 15 pounds in 1 month, from 97 to 82, ,THATS SIGNIFICANT , ( sorry off topic )

have to go there and discus things with nurse to discuss with Dr for testing and dietitian, meanwhile she drinks 2 ensure plus's a day as well and still the loss, this is so suden as she was slowly gaining by the month

this is the Major injury  on the Peyton team report and one that better get fixed in a 95 year old , well my mind will be off the game now

know u wish all is well, thanks