Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Seahawks CB Brandon Browner suspended for one YEAR.

Not PEDs, but for a violating the substance abuse policy.  Apparently, the Seahawks are ready to move on from the CB and have even been in talks with Antoine Winfield.  How many times has a Seahawks player been suspended by the league for PEDs or substance abuse issues?  What is Carroll doing over there?  All these suspensions, then there was the scandal at USC (for which he conveniently left before people heard about it), it all seems a little fishy to me

Not PEDs, but for a violating the substance abuse policy. Apparently, the Seahawks are ready to move on from the CB and have even been in talks with Antoine Winfield. How many times has a Seahawks player been suspended by the league for PEDs or substance abuse issues? What is Carroll doing over there? All these suspensions, then there was the scandal at USC (for which he conveniently left before people heard about it), it all seems a little fishy to me

Pete is a players coach. He doesnt discpline at all really, and gives players leeway to do what they want and not ask questions about it.

As long as they show up for practice and play hard, he wont say boo to them. Very similar to John Madden in that regard, honestly.

Pete is a players coach. He doesnt discpline at all really, and gives players leeway to do what they want and not ask questions about it.

As long as they show up for practice and play hard, he wont say boo to them. Very similar to John Madden in that regard, honestly.

But you would think he would do something to prevent this kind of stuff.  All it does is suspend your players, weakens your team, and creates a distraction.  Not good coaching if he knows what's going on and doesn't do anything about it

Not PEDs, but for a violating the substance abuse policy.  Apparently, the Seahawks are ready to move on from the CB and have even been in talks with Antoine Winfield.  How many times has a Seahawks player been suspended by the league for PEDs or substance abuse issues?  What is Carroll doing over there?  All these suspensions, then there was the scandal at USC (for which he conveniently left before people heard about it), it all seems a little fishy to me

Thurmund (sp?) is also facing a suspension, but for PEDs

But you would think he would do something to prevent this kind of stuff. All it does is suspend your players, weakens your team, and creates a distraction. Not good coaching if he knows what's going on and doesn't do anything about it

He'll be slightly dissapointed. The GM will move on from Browner and get a guy whos on the field more. Nothing else wilp change and these things will keep happening in Seattle. Thats just how Pete is, he doesnt ask about it so when it comes out it happened, he can claim ignorance and be dissapointed the player in question violated the trust of the team.

Thats why the USC boosters got away with buying players for years. Pete didnt question it and they didnt mention it.

I'm sure there are guys on the Colts that use PEDS

He's basically done in Seattle... I wonder what team will take a chance on the guy..

He will have to take a bargain price, as one more and hes permabanned. A team willing to take a gamble on a guy to fix their secondary, and pay relatively low for it may pull the trigger.

Washington perhaps.

Players are unionized. Any union would fight the institution of such a rule with prejudice.

Wouldn't it make sense for the players too?  If there are guys out there using PEDs, they are bigger/faster/stronger, so they can cause more damage and more injuries when they make hits.  Any player would hate to go against his opponent when his opponent is using PEDs.  It makes the game more fair and keeps players healthier for longer.  It seems like something both sides would/should want

Wouldn't it make sense for the players too? If there are guys out there using PEDs, they are bigger/faster/stronger, so they can cause more damage and more injuries when they make hits. Any player would hate to go against his opponent when his opponent is using PEDs. It makes the game more fair and keeps players healthier for longer. It seems like something both sides would/should want

Unjust invasion of privacy and guilty before proven innocent arguments say no.

Unjust invasion of privacy and guilty before proven innocent arguments say no.

Drug testing is an inherent invasion of privacy, until you agree to it. Which the PA has. I think there are certain limits, of course, but it wouldn't surprise me if the frequency of drug tests increase after recent revelations. The Sam Hurd case in particular ought to turn some particular heads, particularly.

Excellent! One more player to add to my Madden 25 controversial player listing! This is what it looks like thus far:

QB: Jamarcus Russell -- Geno Smith -- Michael Vick
RB: Chris Johnson -- Mike Goodson
WR: Randy Moss -- Chad Ochocinco -- Terrell Owens -- Justin Blackmon -- Titus Young -- Michael Crabtree
TE: Rob Gronkowski
LT: Jeff Otah
LG: ?
C: ?
RG: Richie Incognito
RT: Jonathan Martin

DT: Ndamukong Suh -- Albert Haynesworth
CB: Richard Sherman -- Cortland Finnegan -- Brandon Browner -- Aqib Talib
SS: Brandon Meriweather -- Tyrann Mathieu
FS: Ed Reed
LB: Von Miller -- Jo-Lonn Dunbar
K: Sebastian Janikowski

Head Coach: Greg Schiano

Excellent! One more player to add to my Madden 25 controversial player listing! This is what it looks like thus far:

WR: Randy Moss -- Chad Ochocinco -- Terrell Owens -- Justin Blackmon -- Titus Young -- Michael Crabtree

That defense is actually kinda terrifying lol.

Pete Carroll is the kind of coach that probably condones this sort of thing. After all some of his college players at USC were linked to steroids too... but not much came of it. I think the team, and the league will be better off once he is gone. 

Pete Carroll is the kind of coach that probably condones this sort of thing. After all some of his college players at USC were linked to steroids too... but not much came of it. I think the team, and the league will be better off once he is gone.

Big time college football players taking steroids! Who woulda thought?

No Ray Lewis?

Is this suspension weed again?

NFL never divulges what substance was abused in substance abuse cases to respect the privacy of the player. It would be up to Browner to say what it was for, but hes appealing the suspension so it wont be said until after that process, if ever.

RI can play center

Is this suspension weed again?

NFL never divulges what substance was abused in substance abuse cases to respect the privacy of the player. It would be up to Browner to say what it was for, but hes appealing the suspension so it wont be said until after that process, if ever.

It's substance abuse, not PEDs, so we have a reasonable idea what it is.