Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

More great (not!) injury news

ColtsBlueFL

Last week was last week and I certainly would've taken that team over the team we saw yesterday.

I'm referring to yesterday. If you watched both the Colts/AZ and Pats/Broncos games, you saw a Patriots team that looked better than our Colts team. At least they were able to come out confidently in the second half and do what it takes to beat arguably the best team in the AFC. The Colts team that beat Denver a few weeks ago is missed.

None of your other points really matter. 

It's a drastic exaggeration. They looked better in every phase of the game. I found myself envious of their offensive tempo and production.

As for being wrong, I wasn't aware opinions could be wrong or right. Thanks for that lesson. 

Just to let you know, yes opinions can be right or wrong.  You have a right to your opinion, but your opinion could be right or wrong depending on the subject.  If you have an opinion about tastes in food or music, then there is no right or wrong.  If your opinion is that the earth is flat or vaccines cause autism, then your opinion is wrong, both have been proven false.

Last week was last week and I certainly would've taken that team over the team we saw yesterday.

I'm referring to yesterday. If you watched both the Colts/AZ and Pats/Broncos games, you saw a Patriots team that looked better than our Colts team. At least they were able to come out confidently in the second half and do what it takes to beat arguably the best team in the AFC. The Colts team that beat Denver a few weeks ago is missed.

None of your other points really matter. 

Wow, pretty narrow minded to base your opinion of a team on one game.

Just to let you know, yes opinions can be right or wrong.  You have a right to your opinion, but your opinion could be right or wrong depending on the subject.  If you have an opinion about tastes in food or music, then there is no right or wrong.  If your opinion is that the earth is flat or vaccines cause autism, then your opinion is wrong, both have been proven false.

My opinion on the subject falls under the prior category, not the latter. This is getting a bit ridiculous. 

The Pats team I watched looked better than the Colts team I watched by a large margin. Would anyone like to further dissect that statement or just leave it be?

Wow, pretty narrow minded to base your opinion of a team on one game.

Have you watched the team the last 4 weeks? What trends have you noticed? Did you see a continuance of those trends yesterday?

Jesus Christ, man. This isn't rocket science.

My opinion on the subject falls under the prior category, not the latter. This is getting a bit ridiculous. 

The Pats team I watched looked better than the Colts team I watched by a large margin. Would anyone like to further dissect that statement or just leave it be?

You could be right about the Patriots.  Their O line plays as more of a unit than the Colts.  Their defense, mostly due to injuries is not that much better, IMO.  I am not sure what the problem is with the Colts, they do not seem to have the "fire" that they had earlier in the season.  I would give the offense a little more of a pass than the defense because of the injuries to many of the starters.

I think Vontae head been playing hut since the Denver game. He left for a play our two and IIRC it was a groin issue. Really hope he is okay though the titans had an easy enough time throwing on us the last game last thing we need is him gone too.

I think Vontae head been playing hut since the Denver game. He left for a play our two and IIRC it was a groin issue. Really hope he is okay though the titans had an easy enough time throwing on us the last game last thing we need is him gone too.

Titans had success by out scheming Manusky. They did pick plays and crossing routes to counter the constant man defense. Well probably see them try it again on Sunday, and well see if Manusky fixed it.

I whole heartedly believe its because the players as a whole have become woosies compared the players in the past.  Course that argument can be made to apply our society and younger generation as a whole.  Anyways, every time they negotiate a new collective bargaining agreement the practices get easier and time in pads gets less.  The players today dont want to work too hard during practice and now they are paying for it out on the field.  Their bodies just arent use to game speed type hits and moves.  This applies to all players, not just the colts.

I whole heartedly believe its because the players as a whole have become woosies compared the players in the past.  Course that argument can be made to apply our society and younger generation as a whole.  Anyways, every time they negotiate a new collective bargaining agreement the practices get easier and time in pads gets less.  The players today dont want to work too hard during practice and now they are paying for it out on the field.  Their bodies just arent use to game speed type hits and moves.  This applies to all players, not just the colts.

Hasn't seem to hurt the Patriots or Broncos

You're easily amused huh?

Actually yes I am. I can see by the amount of posts that you have made that you are most definitely not a realist about this Colts team. I think it's funny now how I don't see any new topics from all those super Colts forum posters chastising anyone who would have a negative opinion about this team, none of them are piping up now. This team unfortunately now has turned in to a dumpster fire.

Actually yes I am. I can see by the amount of posts that you have made that you are most definitely not a realist about this Colts team. I think it's funny now how I don't see any new topics from all those super Colts forum posters chastising anyone who would have a negative opinion about this team, none of them are piping up now. This team unfortunately now has turned in to a dumpster fire.

I can tell by the number of posts you have, that number of posts doesn't actually indicate anything about my thoughts.

Though it dows indicates you know little about my critiques of this team and our short comings. But yeah. Keep talking out of your butt. Much easier than informing yourself :)

I actually now feel more stupid for reading your post. Opinions are what they are. I'm pretty sure that they weren't debating autism or if the world is round or flat. Almost positive this is a Colts football forum.

I can tell by the number of posts you have, that number of posts doesn't actually indicate anything about my thoughts.

Though it dows indicates you know little about my critiques of this team and our short comings. But yeah. Keep talking out of your butt. Much easier than informing yourself :)

As well as you know little about me, We are all allowed our own opinions but as I can see from your first post back to me that if its not your opinion it must be wrong. I've wasted enough of my time, it's only football.

As well as you know little about me, We are all allowed our own opinions but as I can see from your first post back to me that if its not your opinion it must be wrong. I've wasted enough of my time, it's only football.

When did I say your opinion was wrong?

Only that you speak from a position of not knowing, when you reference my views on the team.

I also never claimed to know anything about you, other than knowing you know nothing about me :)

Hasn't seem to hurt the Patriots or Broncos

Really?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/injuries/_/team/ne

http://espn.go.com/nfl/injuries/_/team/den

And thats just this month.  Amendola was out for awhile the first week.  The whole thing about the pats was that brady didnt have a receiving corp to speak of.  Im not talking about injuries hurting a teams chances at a win.  Im talking about the increase in injuries across the league being due to the lack of practice they have at experience real game simulations.

Really?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/injuries/_/team/ne

http://espn.go.com/nfl/injuries/_/team/den

And thats just this month.  Amendola was out for awhile the first week.  The whole thing about the pats was that brady didnt have a receiving corp to speak of.  Im not talking about injuries hurting a teams chances at a win.  Im talking about the increase in injuries across the league being due to the lack of practice they have at experience real game simulations.

Agree

Agree

I just dont get how the players dont see this.  I mean, the numbers are there.  Are they really ok with risking career ending injuries because they arent conditioned enough, just so they dont have to sweat a little bit more during the offseason?  Or are they all just that stupid to think they cant be hurt, that experiencing something they havent experienced before isnt going to hurt them cause they are special?

I actually now feel more stupid for reading your post. Opinions are what they are. I'm pretty sure that they weren't debating autism or if the world is round or flat. Almost positive this is a Colts football forum.

I glad you feel "more stupid", you obviously are not a very smart person.  Really they were debating the Colts, your kidding?  I was merely commenting that some opinions can be right or wrong.  Sorry you are not smart enough to realize that.

It really is crazy look at starters on offense we have lost. No other team has been hit as hard with starters on offense as us. The Falcons did lose their top WR and the Rams lost their QB but other than that it makes it easy to see why the Colts are struggling so much offsensively.  Yes the other WRs need to stepup but no other team has lost their starting WR and starting TE not to mention their top RBs. Even as bad as we have been playing it amazing we have been able to keep a winning record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_NFL_team_rosters

We keep preaching next man up, and Pagano says the receivers don't have a choice not to step up. So, it's time to see the team respond to our coaches. 

Really? U don't think we could beat the jags and texans/titans at home?

With how we have been playing lately, I don't know we could beat the worst team.in the NFL right now. That sounds harsh I know but we have been really horrid of late. And the Jags have been giving their last few opponents a fight including getting a couple wins. So I wouldn't say they would be a slouch at this moment. And the Texans will still not be easy and could very well spank us even with their injuries if we don't turn it around.Its not like we beat them easily last time, was it? And were playing worse now. I sincerely do hope we wake up though. I just don't know what its gonna take.