Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jmv And Paul Kuharsky On Polian, Colts

John Waylon

I'm legitimately surprised that this topic wasn't posted before... Some relevant stuff here, IMO, coming from an outsider like Kuharsky.

**It's a Stampede Blue Article, which I know will cause some to ignore it outright, but it's worth a look for the factually reported exchanges between Kuharsky and JMV. Ignore the usual BBS stuff, and check out the actual facts presented**

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/10/20/2501498/paul-kuharsky-thinks-the-polians-are-to-blame-for-0-6-start-overall

Decent article by BBS. I mean sure, he peppered his usual stuff in there, but I was unaware of the exchanges between Kuharsky and JMV.

It seems to me that in recent years JMV has become kind of a "go to" guy because he just has better info than most, and he's usually spot-on with his reports/claims. He doesn't look to use it to get himself over, he just does it and if it gets attention, cool, if it doesn't, oh well. He's not like an incarceratedbob or Mike Florio who are legitimately good at reporting news, but then go on a rage at bigger news sources for what they perceive to be disrespect at the first chance they get.

The fact that JMV suggests things up on 56th street aren't going so well is only further troubling with everything else.

The thing that I think most need to pay the most attention to, though, is the part about Irsay being married to the Polians.

Something that has bothered me since it was first said was the thing about making Manning the highest paid player ever. No, I didn't disagree with it on a personal level, and I think Jim's intentions were nothing but good, but obviously, from a business standpoint, doing so would significantly change the way we had to do business with filling a roster moving forward. When the deal got done it was widely reported that Manning wanted less to field better teams, but Irsay (Not Polian, Irsay) wouldn't allow it.

To me, that tells me Irsay is a good guy with good intentions, but when it comes to actually fielding a winning team, he is totally clueless. He can do all the other things to be a good owner and make money with his franchise, but he couldn't handle putting together a successful team, which is why he has become so enamored with the Polians.

The truth is, under the Polians the Colts went from worst to first in this league and won a Super Bowl for this city. That was no easy task, and Bill Polian and his modus operandi certainly played into that success, and Irsay has therefore given his full and undivided trust to the Polians. He's wearing Polian-colored glasses, and it's not as easy for him, if even possible at all, to see the shortcomings because he doesn't know any better.

And the system of succession in place between Bill and Chris just makes Irsay feel that much more secure because the system that brought us all the success it has is still in place for the foreseeable future.

Here is a somewhat relevant comparison:

People gave Bernie Madoff their money because he had been successful with money in the past, and he knew what to do with it better than they did. By the time people realized he was doing wrong, however, it was too late to get out and save much of what they'd given.

Now, I don't mean this comparison to come off insinuating that Polian is knowingly doing wrong with what he's been given, because I don't at all believe that, but if he IS unintentionally doing wrong with what he's been given (And I know we all have our own opinions on that matter, so I'll let you make that choice for yourself) like the people who gave money to Madoff, Irsay is gong to have to find out he's made a mistake after it's much, much too late.

The Polians have pretty much become a crutch for Irsay. Right or wrong, Irsay is dependent on the Polians, and it's not going to be easy to break that dependency.

Like my thread advising folks not to upset themselves over desired changes in coaching, don't upset yourselves over desired changes in team management because, like the desired coaching changes, for better of worse, they're unlikely to happen until it's too late.

:hide:

It is interesting that JMV says he has heard that there is friction up on 56th street. When it comes to news with the Colts I sit up and listen to JMV because he was the first one to correctly drop the Manning news.

If it comes out that the coaching staff does not have as much input in who stays and who goes then that is very telling and very disappointing.

After this season the MVP award just needs to be renamed the Peyton Manning award. On and off the field he is that important to our team.

I have always suspected. There are no checks and balances with our organization. Bill Polian might as well be the owner because he has way too much power and I frankly feel he is over-rated. If Peyton doesn't come back or is not the same Peyton we are in big trouble.

This article makes no point whatsoever.

An owner who understands the business and financial end, trusting all things football to the general manager...

That's exactly how that relationship is supposed to function. The owner isn't supposed to stick his paws into building the roster. That's how franchises end up like the Redskins, Cowboys, and Raiders. The Patriots, Packers, Steelers, and Colts trust the GM to build a team, while the owner makes the franchise money. Polian has done a pretty darned good job, even when compared to those other franchises. If I were nothing more than a financial guru and businessman, I too would trust the football part to a guy that's had such success for so long.

Luck wouldn't pull a John Elway. The main reason Elway didn't want to go to Indy in the first place was because they had the label of losing since Unitas retired. Today is a completely different situation. The Colts are a winning-organization with a HOF QB that any other QB coming in the league would be foaming at the mouth over to learn from.

An owner who understands the business and financial end, trusting all things football to the general manager...

That's exactly how that relationship is supposed to function. The owner isn't supposed to stick his paws into building the roster. That's how franchises end up like the Redskins, Cowboys, and Raiders. The Patriots, Packers, Steelers, and Colts trust the GM to build a team, while the owner makes the franchise money. Polian has done a pretty darned good job, even when compared to those other franchises. If I were nothing more than a financial guru and businessman, I too would trust the football part to a guy that's had such success for so long.

The GM's job is suppose to fill the holes on the team.. For the past decade the this teams biggest weakness has been the defense and special teams... whats the problem?

Luck wouldn't pull a John Elway. The main reason Elway didn't want to go to Indy in the first place was because they had the label of losing since Unitas retired. Today is a completely different situation. The Colts are a winning-organization with a HOF QB that any other QB coming in the league would be foaming at the mouth over to learn from.

Take out that HOF QB and what do you have? an 0-6 season... the colts arent prepared for the times without manning, and its obvious.

Take out that HOF QB and what do you have? an 0-6 season... the colts arent prepared for the times without manning, and its obvious.

You talk like Luck would be playing this year. In the 3-4 years Luck would be learning, this team can re-tool and have a good team to surround the incoming QB. A new coaching staff is the first thing thats needed however but thats for another thread.

You talk like Luck would be playing this year. In the 3-4 years Luck would be learning, this team can re-tool and have a good team to surround the incoming QB. A new coaching staff is the first thing thats needed however but thats for another thread.

That the thing who says Luck wants that, with the hype he has... why? a guy like Luck could have instant success so why would he want to sit behind peyton.

That the thing who says Luck wants that, with the hype he has... why? a guy like Luck could have instant success so why would he want to sit behind peyton.

Ok and who says he doesn't? You make a point without addressing the other side of the arguement. Don't go off the "assumption" about every player wanting to come in and play from day 1 because they'res just as many players who would take the chance to learn from a HOF QB than those that wouldnt. Because while every player has a competitive edge, there are those that are smart and realize that being humble and learning for a few years can possibly help make you go from good to great. Luck has made himself to be that player.

One other thing, if he wanted instant success, couldn't of he come out last year? The general consenus was that he would of been the #1 pick and been taken over Cam Newton. But he chose not to because he understood that in waiting a year, it would allow him to grow as a person and player and thus come out a little more prepared. A player with that attitude to me shows that he wouldn't mind sitting a few extra years and go to Grad school essentially to learn from one of the best to ever do it.

idk, he stayed in college one more year even though he knew he would be the number 1 pick, and could possibly have an injury that could hurt that opportunity the following year. Luck just seems like a different kind of guy, who would definitely want to start right away, but would not make waves sitting and learning for a couple years, especially behind the GOAT. Now i dont know the guy personally, but i can appreciate a guy delaying himself from getting 10's of millions of dollars to stay 1 more year for the college experience, and possibly winning a National Championship.

Luck wouldn't pull a John Elway. The main reason Elway didn't want to go to Baltimore in the first place was because they had the label of losing since Unitas retired. Today is a completely different situation. The Colts are a winning-organization with a HOF QB that any other QB coming in the league would be foaming at the mouth over to learn from.

There, I fixed your post.

I have not listened to any sports talk radio lately. But all I know is this, JMV carries a lot of credibility as well as Paul Kuharsky. JMV has never been one to embellish information. Everything he said about Manning turned out to be spot on. And Kuharsky's blogs at ESPN have always seemed objective and even-keeled to me.

It's not a big surprise that the Polians aren't real popular right now. While I as a fan will always appreciate what they did to help drag the Colts out of the NFL cellar, it's painfully clear that the draft failures of the last five years have hurt the franchise badly. The elite play of Peyton Manning and his recievers and the pass rush of Freeney and Mathis has really masked the flaws on this team.

It's interesting to hear about the grumblings about the Polians coming out of Colts HQ because you just never hear about internal strife from this franchise. A decade plus of excellence will do that. But to me, it's not that surprising to hear that some of the coaches aren't happy with the Polians. I thought it was common knowledge that Howard Mudd couldn't stand Bill Polian and Tom Moore wasn't much of a fan either. Many of us (including myself) have complained about how the current coaches seem incapable of making in-game adjustments the way we used to when Tony Dungy was here. Well, Dungy had a ton of hall of fame worthy assistants. Caldwell is not Dungy. And his assistants are no where near what Dungy had. John Teerlink (sp?) still does a great job getting the DL to bring the heat but honestly, who else stands out on the coaching staff? Howard Mudd used to make up for deficencies along the O-line with superior schemes. Now, we have Pete Metzalars who lined up Dallas Clark one on one with Mario Williams. wth you say? wth is right I say. Firing Gene Huey was about the stupidest move ever! Dickerson, Faulk, Edge...all the great backs we ever had here RAVED about Huey! Anyways...

The most interesting thing about this is Kuharsky's belief that Caldwell is in jeopardy of losing his job at season's end. I was one who did not think Caldwell could ever be fired after this season. Now I don't know. If the Colts continue to lose in spectacular fashion week in and week out, how can Chris Polian not consider it?

If we don't get Andrew Luck, the question becomes: Can Jim Caldwell lead the Colts back to the Super Bowl so Manning will have a shot at another ring or two over the next 4 years? Right now, the answer seems to be a no.

If we do draft Andrew Luck, the question becomes: Can Jim Caldwell lead the Colts back to the Super Bowl so Manning will have a shot at another ring or two over the next 4 years while simultaneously juggling Luck's ego? Absolutely NO!

I agree, Irsay was smart enough to realize he needed help evaluating talent & building the roster so he hired Bill Tobin & stayed out of the way. Same with Polian. He was also smart enough to know when it was time to part ways with Tobin.

The question now is "how long is the leash" for the Polian regime, and the answer lies somewhere between a recent Superbowl appearance & a half-decade of first-round draft disappointments... IMO.

Good article but i still blame Caldwell for not making in game adjustments that could have won us 3 games when we had the lead. Allowing your CB's off the receivers 7 yds on 3rd and 3 in a critical situation in the 4th quater when your defense is gasping for air becuase they have played the whole quater, then a quick slant is completed by Matt Cassel is just plain nonsense. I fail to see how you cant know that a quick slant is comming on 3rd n short or at least a qucik pass if they abused that play the entire quater, and you refuse to play closer to the line just to disrup the recievers timing its absurd, and not to mention our whole defensive concept of rushing 4 is also nonsense. You are allowed to blitz in Tampa 2. I dont think Coyer and Caldwell know that. Expecting Freeny/Mathis to generate pressure on every play is also absurd. Virtually no movement from our LB core they just sit there 5 yds back waiting to react only moving when some goes in motion. This whole concept hasnt worked for years. This is my biggest gripe. The saying goes "if aint broke dont fix it" Well its broke so lets try fixing it. :nono2:

Edited by Rich Cannon

Ok and who says he doesn't? You make a point without addressing the other side of the arguement. Don't go off the "assumption" about every player wanting to come in and play from day 1 because they'res just as many players who would take the chance to learn from a HOF QB than those that wouldnt. Because while every player has a competitive edge, there are those that are smart and realize that being humble and learning for a few years can possibly help make you go from good to great. Luck has made himself to be that player.

One other thing, if he wanted instant success, couldn't of he come out last year? The general consenus was that he would of been the #1 pick and been taken over Cam Newton. But he chose not to because he understood that in waiting a year, it would allow him to grow as a person and player and thus come out a little more prepared. A player with that attitude to me shows that he wouldn't mind sitting a few extra years and go to Grad school essentially to learn from one of the best to ever do it.

Lol ask one player if he would rather sit behind a HOF QB or play and see what all of them say.... theyd say they wanna play. Just like Collins not wanting to come to the colts without a gurantee of playing Luck will NOT want to sit behind peyton.... lets be rational here, would you? i know i wouldnt. Now if the colts do draft him do i think he will ask to be traded? no i dont think so but i can guarantee you he would rather start than be holding a clipboard being peytons tape buddy.

I dont follow Luck so i cant comment on why he stayed another year but there have been quite a few players who have done the same thing.

Lol ask one player if he would rather sit behind a HOF QB or play and see what all of them say.... theyd say they wanna play. Just like Collins not wanting to come to the colts without a gurantee of playing Luck will NOT want to sit behind peyton.... lets be rational here, would you? i know i wouldnt. Now if the colts do draft him do i think he will ask to be traded? no i dont think so but i can guarantee you he would rather start than be holding a clipboard being peytons tape buddy.

I dont follow Luck so i cant comment on why he stayed another year but there have been quite a few players who have done the same thing.

You are trying to compare a 17 year old veteran who was writing songs in Tennessee barely a week before he was signed compared to a QB who isn't in the league yet. There is a BIG difference between the two but I'll leave it at that to spare you the embarassment. Also, ask QB's such as Matt Ryan or Matt Stafford and I'm willing to bet that both of them would of traded a few years of playing to gain irreplaceable knowledge that would come from learning from the best.

I followed Luck as did others and this was the main agreeing point as to why he stayed. Why else would he have stayed?

You are trying to compare a 17 year old veteran who was writing songs in Tennessee barely a week before he was signed compared to a QB who isn't in the league yet. There is a BIG difference between the two but I'll leave it at that to spare you the embarassment. Also, ask QB's such as Matt Ryan or Matt Stafford and I'm willing to bet that both of them would of traded a few years of playing to gain irreplaceable knowledge that would come from learning from the best.

I followed Luck as did others and this was the main agreeing point as to why he stayed. Why else would he have stayed?

Mate what in the world are you talking about? im telling you there is no player that would rather sit on the bench and learn than go out there and start and play!! and if there is such a player he doesnt have that competitive spirit that you would want in a player... Just a few games under your belt is worth a lifetime of what knowledge peyton can give the kid... its better to learn from your mistakes.

Are you really telling me that the guy would rather come to Indy and wait 3yrs to play WITH no practice reps and learn under peyton? if you think that then you have another thing coming. No player and i mean no player wants to be on the bench watching his team mates play.

Mate what in the world are you talking about? im telling you there is no player that would rather sit on the bench and learn than go out there and start and play!! and if there is such a player he doesnt have that competitive spirit that you would want in a player... Just a few games under your belt is worth a lifetime of what knowledge peyton can give the kid... its better to learn from your mistakes.

Are you really telling me that the guy would rather come to Indy and wait 3yrs to play WITH no practice reps and learn under peyton? if you think that then you have another thing coming. No player and i mean no player wants to be on the bench watching his team mates play.

I'm not saying he wouldn't want to go out and play. That spirit exists in every competitve player in every sport. But the fact is he would be sitting behind Peyton for 2-3 years and I am in agreement with the notion that he wouldn't have a problem with this. It would be the equivialent of him going to Grad school. I really don't think he would learn more in 2 games than Peyton would tell him in those 2-3 years but keep believing that. I'm assuming your believe in "learning from your mistakes" is self-evident instead of actually knowing what the deal is and not making the mistake in the first place.

Also at this point, its safe to say that the coaching staff would begin to give him reps along with possible playing time in pre-season and regular season games. The Polians in the past have drafted backup QB's because they knew Peyton was the guy. Now that we are in the twylight years of Peyton Maning its safe to say they are starting to look for his replacement as they have stated that this is the ideal now.

I'm not saying he wouldn't want to go out and play. That spirit exists in every competitve player in every sport. But the fact is he would be sitting behind Peyton for 2-3 years and I am in agreement with the notion that he wouldn't have a problem with this. It would be the equivialent of him going to Grad school. I really don't think he would learn more in 2 games than Peyton would tell him in those 2-3 years but keep believing that. I'm assuming your believe in "learning from your mistakes" is self-evident instead of actually knowing what the deal is and not making the mistake in the first place.

Also at this point, its safe to say that the coaching staff would begin to give him reps along with possible playing time in pre-season and regular season games. The Polians in the past have drafted backup QB's because they knew Peyton was the guy. Now that we are in the twylight years of Peyton Maning its safe to say they are starting to look for his replacement as they have stated that this is the ideal now.

I guess we are just gonna have to agree to disagree because you nor I know what he is thinking, and i fail to see how anyone would wanna listen to a veteran for a few years instead of being on the field playing

Imma go :offtopic: just for a sec.. ((((SMITTO)))) You remember the conversation in another thread were we was talking about Addai & Brown? From this article there was a quote that said "If Donald Brown was what he was supposed to be, they wouldn't have needed to re-sign Joseph Addai" How do you feel about that because from what you was telling me, you said DB was the better & the all around & more explosive back we had on the roster right? Im just curious of what you think.. :topic:

Imma go :offtopic: just for a sec.. ((((SMITTO)))) You remember the conversation in another thread were we was talking about Addai & Brown? From this article there was a quote that said "If Donald Brown was what he was supposed to be, they wouldn't have needed to re-sign Joseph Addai" How do you feel about that because from what you was telling me, you said DB was the better & the all around & more explosive back we had on the roster right? Im just curious of what you think.. :topic:

lol.... you mis read my post... i said ADDAI is the more all around back, but Brown is the better runner and even now with the reps brown is getting he's showing that he's getting the hang of blocking.. avg wise he's better than addai in receiving...

i also think PK was kinda guessing there... if we remember before brown was drafted who was there? pretty much nobody rhodes and simpson were getting carries, so they drafted brown, colts fans saw mediocre games from brown and came to the conclusion that he was a bust.. when we all know its the line that cant block... the colts couldnt convert on short 3rd downs so they went and got Carter.... I will stick to what i said.. i will not be surprised if Brown and Carter are the colts 1-2 punch when addai is gone.he's already injury prone.

lol.... you mis read my post... i said ADDAI is the more all around back, but Brown is the better runner and even now with the reps brown is getting he's showing that he's getting the hang of blocking.. avg wise he's better than addai in receiving...

i also think PK was kinda guessing there... if we remember before brown was drafted who was there? pretty much nobody rhodes and simpson were getting carries, so they drafted brown, colts fans saw mediocre games from brown and came to the conclusion that he was a bust.. when we all know its the line that cant block... the colts couldnt convert on short 3rd downs so they went and got Carter.... I will stick to what i said.. i will not be surprised if Brown and Carter are the colts 1-2 punch when addai is gone.he's already injury prone.

Lol.. No Sir you didnt say that. These were your exact words '' Addai is a better blocker and thats it'' Go re-read your post.

ttp://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/2255-did-delone-carter-make-donald-brown-expendable/

Came to the conclusion that he was a bust? His play told it all. A 1st round pick that haven't rushed for 500 yards yet, 6 total touchdowns and 1 100 yard game rushing... Sounds like a BUST if you ask me.

Edited by TeamAddaiOrGoDie

Lol.. No Sir you didnt say that. These were your exact words '' Addai is a better blocker and thats it'' Go re-read your post.

ttp://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/2255-did-delone-carter-make-donald-brown-expendable/

Came to the conclusion that he was a bust? His play told it all. A 1st round pick that haven't rushed for 500 yards yet, 6 total touchdowns and 1 100 yard game rushing... Sounds like a BUST if you ask me.

Its funny, you have no proof that i said that lol... and that quote you took from me i wrote that after you came a post in here about what i said... i still stand by what i said... i did not say brown was a the all round back, if he was he would be better at blocking than addai which he is not... addai may not be the better runner BUT he's an all round back which brown is not.

That also is wrong brown has over 800yds rushing with an avg of 3.9yds.... the colts are not a rushing team and if they were brown would be their starter and i have no doubt about that.

Back on topic.

I find it curious about internal strife, and now Zupe retired out of the blue. Factor in Mudd and Moore, and the odd manors in which they left, the Huey situation, things are definitely going on up at 56th. I think BP has got a death grip on this team, citing 2/3's of his resume pre-1998.

I have been a colts fan since they moved here and I have no plans of not being in the future (yes I know it is a double negative but it works). I suffered as did many others through the 1 and 15, the 3 and 13 years. Suffered through the ‘we just might pull this game out’ only to watch it ripped away in the last minutes with dumb play calls, inferior play, a coach with the look of not knowing what is happening and that doesn’t have a clue how to fix it, and sometimes just bad luck and no I am not talking about this year, however I am sure that some of the more seasoned fans see a lot of similarities.

The Polian philosophy had its time and worked well within that time, however I believe that its effectiveness has run its course. Teams have adjusted to it and it no longer works. It is time for something new. All good things must come to an end and I believe that we are well past the beginning of the end. Unfortunately the Polians are so entrenched that it will most likely take past Peyton’s career before things get so out of control that Irsay finally opens his eyes as to how bad it really is. I used to believe in Bill but no longer.

As hard as it is for me to say, the only way real changes will happen sooner rather than later is for the players, coaching staff, Front office and Owner to be completely embarrassed for the remainder of the year. To be totally blown out every remaining game. To be made more of a laughing stock for the league and media than they are now. Only then will something be done unless of course you want to wait another 5, 6, 7 years for things to turn around, continually giving passes and making excuses because if this or that circumstance, trying to protect the memories of past glory. Blind faith and devotion are great to a point but there comes a time that even the most die harders have to take off their colored glass and admit that something is wrong. Hope and belief doesn’t fix everything. I know it sounds heartless. I know that I will be ridiculed and called an (insert expletive here) and frankly I don’t care. There is such a thing as tough love and now more than ever is that time.

The Polian mentality and way of things has become obsolete. It is time for a change.

I have been a colts fan since they moved here and I have no plans of not being in the future (yes I know it is a double negative but it works). I suffered as did many others through the 1 and 15, the 3 and 13 years. Suffered through the ‘we just might pull this game out’ only to watch it ripped away in the last minutes with dumb play calls, inferior play, a coach with the look of not knowing what is happening and that doesn’t have a clue how to fix it, and sometimes just bad luck and no I am not talking about this year, however I am sure that some of the more seasoned fans see a lot of similarities.

The Polian philosophy had its time and worked well within that time, however I believe that its effectiveness has run its course. Teams have adjusted to it and it no longer works. It is time for something new. All good things must come to an end and I believe that we are well past the beginning of the end. Unfortunately the Polians are so entrenched that it will most likely take past Peyton’s career before things get so out of control that Irsay finally opens his eyes as to how bad it really is. I used to believe in Bill but no longer.

As hard as it is for me to say, the only way real changes will happen sooner rather than later is for the players, coaching staff, Front office and Owner to be completely embarrassed for the remainder of the year. To be totally blown out every remaining game. To be made more of a laughing stock for the league and media than they are now. Only then will something be done unless of course you want to wait another 5, 6, 7 years for things to turn around, continually giving passes and making excuses because if this or that circumstance, trying to protect the memories of past glory. Blind faith and devotion are great to a point but there comes a time that even the most die harders have to take off their colored glass and admit that something is wrong. Hope and belief doesn’t fix everything. I know it sounds heartless. I know that I will be ridiculed and called an (insert expletive here) and frankly I don’t care. There is such a thing as tough love and now more than ever is that time.

The Polian mentality and way of things has become obsolete. It is time for a change.

Prepare to be roasted lol. BTW, I agree with you. I feel like we are a victim of our own success. The low draft picks year after year, not changing our philosophy because of the "that's what we do" mentality, reluctance let go players and staff of "past success", and a whole lot more. I feel this draft should be Polian's chance to prove himself. If we are able to grab a crop of talent out of this draft with the high we will get this year, then we will have to blame his recent failures on our success. But if we come out of this draft with as many busts and under performing players as previous years, I think it's time for him to go. It's time for a lot of other people to go also.

No, you have no proof of this, it's just your opinion. Sure I'd love to learn behind Manning, but I'd be awfully bored sitting on the bench for more than a year or 2.

No doubt Bill Polian is not the easiest man to work for unless you drink the Koolaid every day. It is Bills way or the highway. IMO, Bills biggest fault is he shows too much loyalty to his coaches. Tony Dungy coached Tampa Bay and had the best D but a sorry O. In Indy Tony had the best O and no D. Bill Polian drafted the players that Tony wanted. Bill also drafted the players Howard Mudd wanted for the O line. The result was that Tony wanted the fastest players on D, small was good. Want to know why so many injuries on D? Size matters in the physical game of NFL football. Bob Sanders was Super Bob when he was healthy. But that wasn't often enough.

Mudd wanted players smaller and quicker. When Edge was here, the Colts had a lot of success with the stretch play. That was then.

Problem? The Colts had a REAL running game one time. In the Super Bowl the Colts ran all over the Bears.

IMO, Chris Polian is going to change things. Mudd is gone. Chris drafted bigger O linemen this last draft. It will be next year before that plan shows fruition.

The D needs a lot of help. Will a change in D coordinators help? Bigger players would.

The Colts have had a lot of success during the Bill Polian era. We didn't get as many Super Bowls as fans would like but it has been a good run. Time for a change. Let's see what the Chris Polian era brings us. I'm looking forward to it. Chris needs to change some of the ways that Bill ran the ship. No doubt he will, but it won't happen this year. Too many things need to be fixed. First and foremost, Peyton's neck.

We need a running game and a much better D. Let's give Chris some time to make it happen. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Its funny, you have no proof that i said that lol... and that quote you took from me i wrote that after you came a post in here about what i said... i still stand by what i said... i did not say brown was a the all round back, if he was he would be better at blocking than addai which he is not... addai may not be the better runner BUT he's an all round back which brown is not.

That also is wrong brown has over 800yds rushing with an avg of 3.9yds.... the colts are not a rushing team and if they were brown would be their starter and i have no doubt about that.

I meant 500 in a season.. 800 maybe his total since he became a Colt but ok im done with that!

I do believe that Polians downfall has been the inability to build a complete team and a defense designed to play with a lead. I have watched this defense get pushed around by almost every other team in the NFL for years. The glaring needs screaming out of the TV and to me they have been screaming "IMPROVE THE INTERIOR D LINE!!!" and "IMPROVE THE O LINE!!!!". The failure to properly address those glaring needs have really boiled to a head without Manning there to bail the team out.

Whenever so much a system is so dependent on one part it doesn't leave alot of room for mistakes and when that part is removed you witness the collapse of that system. This is stating the obvious and losing Manning is the worst case scenario that anyone who follows this team knew that if it happened it would wreck this team's chances at success. What it also does is put the Polians in the spotlight for how the rest of the team is performing and this added with the 1st round misses has people up in arms.