Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So what will we do with our RB core next season?

Indyfan4life

Currently on our roster we have Ballard, Bradshaw, Brown, Herron, Rainey and Richardson. Obviously Ballard and Bradshaw are on IR, but who will we keep for next season? Bradshaw didn't really get the chance to show a whole lot after going on IR after the 49ers game.

So, who do we bring back?

Of course Richardson and Ballard because they're still signed. I don't think we'll take another chance on Bradshaw and a Donald Brown resigning is 50-50. Depends on how he plays the rest of the year. I'm leaning towards resigning him because there are not too many other options. He's healthy and productive.

Hasn't there a been several threads already asking this exact same question within the last couple of weeks?

Anyway, the answer should be obvious, Ballard and Richardson will definitely be back. Bradshaw is as good as gone and Brown might be resigned(depends on how much some other team is willing to give him). As far as Herron and Rainey goes, they are nothing more than fillers for desperate situations, so who cares if they're back or not.

Ballard and Richardson are obviously staying. I think DB should be resigned but that depends on his play the rest of the season which I think will be pretty good for his new role. Bradshaw I think we'll let go but I believed he could've done more for the run game had he not went down. Rainey I don't even know yet because we haven't even seen him in action in Blue and White yet.

Hasn't there a been several threads already asking this exact same question within the last couple of weeks?

Anyway, the answer should be obvious, Ballard and Richardson will definitely be back. Bradshaw is as good as gone and Brown might be resigned(depends on how much some other team is willing to give him). As far as Herron and Rainey goes, they are nothing more than fillers for desperate situations, so who cares if they're back or not.

Yes this thread has already happened and I will say the same thing. Brown probably wont come back to be the third back, and we probably wont be able to offer him enough money.  It will be Ballard and Richardson and I personally wouldn't be against bringing back Bradshaw.  He played well and probably wouldn't cost to much for a 1 year contract.