Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Joe's League Request....PLEASE COMPETE!

pacolts56

Okay....its getting to that point in the FFL season where playoff qualifications and match-ups are being determined.

If I can make one request.....it would be for all players to PLEASE COMPETE!!

Even if you have no chance of making the championship round, please have the consideration of spending 10 whole minutes adjusting your weekly line-ups to account for bye weeks, injuries....etc....and give your team the best shot at winning.

By not caring, giving up and not taking care of your line-up....you are helping determine playoff seedings for all the wrong reasons, effectively throwing opponents easy wins.

None of this takes exhaustive hours of research....a quick check of the schedule for upcoming bye weeks, a check of the waiver wire for roster needs and a quick look at the pre-game injury updates will do the trick. We all know this.

I'm assuming we all joined these FFL leagues to win....and some folks who wanted to play got shut out because we had no spots left. If you joined the league....honor the commitment.

And NO....it shouldn't require a cash prize for incentive to stay engaged.

Let's at least give this our best shot thru the final week so its completely legit. :rantoff:

Okay....its getting to that point in the FFL season where playoff qualifications and match-ups are being determined.

If I can make one request.....it would be for all players to PLEASE COMPETE!!

Even if you have no chance of making the championship round, please have the consideration of spending 10 whole minutes adjusting your weekly line-ups to account for bye weeks, injuries....etc....and give your team the best shot at winning.

By not caring, giving up and not taking care of your line-up....you are helping determine playoff seedings for all the wrong reasons, effectively throwing opponents easy wins.

None of this takes exhaustive hours of research....a quick check of the schedule for upcoming bye weeks, a check of the waiver wire for roster needs and a quick look at the pre-game injury updates will do the trick. We all know this.

I'm assuming we all joined these FFL leagues to win....and some folks who wanted to play got shut out because we had no spots left. If you joined the league....honor the commitment.

And NO....it shouldn't require a cash prize for incentive to stay engaged.

Let's at least give this our best shot thru the final week so its completely legit. :rantoff:

Just something else to add...all the teams that don't make the actual playoffs, still have games to determine the seeding in the lower bracket. So if you don't make the top 6 and the playoffs, you still can compete to finish 7th overall and tops in the lower bracket. So please...don't give up, and finish out the ENTIRE season in style...If you want to see what I'm talking about..look at the schedule of games, starting week 15, for seedings as of right now...

Thanks for pointing that out pacolts..much obliged...

Don't worry, I'll adjust their lineups if they have a guy on a bye week or something.

People will compete or they'll be replaced. 

Nevertheless, it's been a fun year, don't you think?

Yep....it has. Although I've come close to pulling whats left of my hair out on days like yesterday....when dire, apocalyptic weather reports are given for Cleveland and Chicago that don't materialize.

So given the weather reports, and in an effort to NOT be a homer I sat Josh Gordon in favor of Michael Floyd and Martellus Bennett for Garrett Graham.

Unless Anquan Boldin lights it up tonight those moves could very well cost me the match-up.

Pinche *a!! 

I'm ready to dethrone Knights.... :number1:

In 2 weeks, the last game of the regular season, you'll have your chance...However, realize this...If I win out, I have a good shot at the #2 seed. Its going to come down to total points..As of now, I have to root for Knights, due to the fact that I'm a lot closer in points to you, and have a better shot at passing your point total.

Right now..with 2 games left in the regular season...

Knights in Armor......9-3     1317.10 points

IndyD4U..................9-3      1297.60 points  (19.5 points behind)

TY Goodbye............8-4     1272.30 points   (44.8 points behind Knights...25.3 points behind IndyD4U)

Vontae's Gramdma..8-4     1210.78 points   (61.52 points behind TY Goodbye)

It is going to be a VERY interesting next 2 weeks...Good luck to all!

In 2 weeks, the last game of the regular season, you'll have your chance...However, realize this...If I win out, I have a good shot at the #2 seed. Its going to come down to total points..As of now, I have to root for Knights, due to the fact that I'm a lot closer in points to you, and have a better shot at passing your point total.

Right now..with 2 games left in the regular season...

Knights in Armor......9-3     1317.10 points

IndyD4U..................9-3      1297.60 points  (19.5 points behind)

TY Goodbye............8-4     1272.30 points   (44.8 points behind Knights...25.3 points behind IndyD4U)

Vontae's Gramdma..8-4     1210.78 points   (61.52 points behind TY Goodbye)

It is going to be a VERY interesting next 2 weeks...Good luck to all!

Best of luck to you all!

Maybe some of you can get schooled by me next year in the Elite league :P