Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck on board games,music,beard and more

James Harden

Don't be hatin' on board games anybody.

That's the real old school. And still some how more fun than video games today.

Indeed.  He grew up in Germany and the Germans love their board games. 

Not that there aren't any boardgame enthusiasts in The States but we are a bit more niche here.

I've been wanting to learn to play Settlers of Catan.  

I have to say it's kind of funny and maybe a bit sad in a way.  Andrew Luck has to go in disguise sometimes if he wants to leave his condo.  

But I've seen former Governor Kernan walking around the mall up here and I was the only person who recognized him and I just said hello to him.

My wife (who is excused for not recognizing him because she's not from Indiana) thought he was a friend of mine.  

I've also run into now Sen. Donnelly in CVS.

Don't be hatin' on board games anybody.

That's the real old school. And still some how more fun than video games today.

After reading the article, I wanted to get me some action on Settlers of Catan. It pretty hard to find it around where i live  so I went on Amazon. It is $38.00 my goodness. 

Some board games and cards games are much more fun than video games. Not knocking video games, but getting a group of friends together and interacting with one another is awesome. And the simpler games are best. Try Liars' Dice.

All in the eyes of the beholder I suppose lol.

Group video game play? It's top.

Try Liars' Dice.

Love that game! I introduced it to friends a few years ago, and we'd play it until the sun came up... literally. The only problem I ever had with the game is that it can sometimes be a while between first player out and the end of a game. It sucked when those exiting early got bored and started disrupting play.

Okay, so I like Risk and I like Monopoly. Is Settlers of Catan like a mix between the two?

I like Monopoly for about the first hour, but after that you are just left wanting to knock the board.  I always loved Axis vs Allies over Risk myself.  Though I would take Halo, Red Dead Redemption or Skyrim over any board game.

It is nice to see Luck not having the typical meathead personality.