Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RG ME Blames wr's for interception

jvan1973

That comment RG3 made was about the defense of the Eagles being able to predict where the pass plays were going, which many construe to be a shot at coaching, not at the WR.

Nice attempt at misquoting though.

In all fairness, Moss says in the article on NFL.com that Griffin needs to take a little bit more responsibility for his detrimental actions as well as his positive ones. The way Moss states it, it is almost an "it's what you do as a quarterback" kind of statement. In other words, Moss sees it as a shot at the coaches as well.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000284956/article/santana-moss-rgiii-needs-to-take-more-accountability

Guest TeamLoloJones

RG3's TD to Robinson should have been picked off too, if the DB would have tracked the ball.  I think RG3 got lucky with that one, and just heaved it at the end of the game thinking he'd be lucky again.  There's not much else I can say to defend that horrible, horrible decision...it wasn't even 4th down.  Just like I can't defend Luck's int against Miami.

In all fairness, Moss says in the article on NFL.com that Griffin needs to take a little bit more responsibility for his detrimental actions as well as his positive ones. The way Moss states it, it is almost an "it's what you do as a quarterback" kind of statement. In other words, Moss sees it as a shot at the coaches as well.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000284956/article/santana-moss-rgiii-needs-to-take-more-accountability

Love the way the article begins, "Santana Moss intimated that he'd like to see Robert Griffin III act a bit more like Tom Brady ... at the podium, that is."

As I was saying in the other thread, Brady may have his emotional times and bad throws but he always takes accountability for it. That is what makes his teammates love him. Even with the rings and league MVPs, he is still his own toughest critic and understands what being a leader is all about. I have no doubt that RG will learn from this.

Love the way the article begins, "Santana Moss intimated that he'd like to see Robert Griffin III act a bit more like Tom Brady ... at the podium, that is."

As I was saying in the other thread, Brady may have his emotional times and bad throws but he always takes accountability for it. That is what makes his teammates love him. Even with the rings and league MVPs, he is still his own toughest critic and understands what being a leader is all about. I have no doubt that RG will learn from this.

You just don't see it. Tom gets his wife to do his dirty work. He's a clever one, our Tom!

Yeah, Tom Brady reminds of that guy you work with who complains and yells all the time, but without him the job wouldn't get done.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz....zzzzzz

RGIII is a good QB, but it is gonna take some time to achieve greatness.  If you look at Joe Flacco a guy who takes his team to the playoffs pretty much every year, even he isn't being counted as one of the greats.  When you take a young talent like RGIII and inflate his head with all of the commercials, rookie of the year, etc  He is always gonna point the finger.  The coaches need to help him grow up, or put him in his place..

This really shouldn't surprise anybody. It's been pretty obvious from the beginning that Bob was all about......Bob! Anything he can do to get his face in front of a camera is what Bob is gonna do, even if that means throwing his coaches or his teammates under the bus. It's always somebody else's fault with him and he's developing a reputation for it.

Santana Moss is just bitter that the team is underperforming again. Hopefully this doesn't become a recurring problem or he'll get the diva receiva tag that the NFC East is so familiar with.

nah Moss has proven to be pretty low maintenance

When he made those initial comments, he hadn't even heard Griffin's actual quotes. The interviewer basically gave him a couple highlights and asked Moss to respond to them, naturally out of context.

skins have been a drama magnet for years and nowadays the national media is about being first, attract readers, and worry about accuracy later (any media, not just sports). That just compounds the problems. 3-7 will make anyone frustrated. :)

nah Moss has proven to be pretty low maintenance

When he made those initial comments, he hadn't even heard Griffin's actual quotes. The interviewer basically gave him a couple highlights and asked Moss to respond to them, naturally out of context.

skins have been a drama magnet for years and nowadays the national media is about being first, not accurate. That just compounds the problems. 3-7 will make anyone frustrated. :)

Tell me about it. At least they have three wins. :dunno:

Tell me about it. At least they have three wins. :dunno:

yeah an offseason of rehab for your QB and not being able to practice with the rest of the team will really stunt your growth as an offense :) Eh...barring anything unexpected, next year will tell a lot for Griff's future in terms of how much work he puts in this offseason and what kind of strides he can make. This season has been about growing pains and maturation as much as anything.

I'm just tired of NFC East teams dominating football headlines. I'm not sure that anyone outside of NY, Philly, DC, and Dallas really care what's going on with any of these teams. They're all pretty bad.

It's where the money is in the NFL... get used to it because it's not going to change... of the top 4 most valuable and revenue generating teams in the NFL, the NFC East has THREE... (Dallas, Washington, New York)

I'm just tired of NFC East teams dominating football headlines. I'm not sure that anyone outside of NY, Philly, DC, and Dallas really care what's going on with any of these teams. They're all pretty bad.

The same can be said about the AFC and NFC East... both are pretty bad. Not sure what is it the water out there. None the less, I love the way you Patriot fans flock to every thread to make it all about you though. Such a shame.

It's where the money is in the NFL... get used to it because it's not going to change... of the top 4 most valuable and revenue generating teams in the NFL, the NFC East has THREE... (Dallas, Washington, New York)

Oh I know, I realize that. Those are huge media markets. 

The same can be said about the AFC and NFC East... both are pretty bad. Not sure what is it the water out there. None the less, I love the way you Patriot fans flock to every thread to make it all about you though. Such a shame.

What?

First of all, the AFC East is bad? Three teams are at .500 or better. Just in terms of wins and losses, it's far from being the worst division in the NFL. And there's really no information overload. The Jets get coverage because they're in NY and are like a car wreck at times, and the Dolphins have been in the news for Incognito. 

Second of all, what did I say or do that prompted, "I love the way you Patriots fans flock to every thread to make it all about you though?" 

I didn't say I wanted more Patriots coverage, I said I'm tired of hearing about a division that could conceivably be won by an 8-8 or 9-7 team. 

So I'm not really sure where the misguided animosity is coming from here. "Such a shame."  :thmup:

You know how much time I spend thinking about RG III? 0

I think most of us don't really care too much about Griffin, who has been mediocre this year and is on a mediocre team. However, when ESPN and other media outlets have made it a crusade to give Griffin coverage regardless of the circumstances and have a new Griffin story nearly every day, it is hard not to talk about him.

Luck and Wilson have been far more successful this year--both individually and team wise-- yet you hear nothing about them. That's partly because of the media in Washington, but it's also partly because they don't run their mouths unnecessarily like ego-maniac Griffin.

Oh I know, I realize that. Those are huge media markets. 

What?

First of all, the AFC East is bad? Three teams are at .500 or better. Just in terms of wins and losses, it's far from being the worst division in the NFL. And there's really no information overload. The Jets get coverage because they're in NY and are like a car wreck at times, and the Dolphins have been in the news for Incognito. 

Second of all, what did I say or do that prompted, "I love the way you Patriots fans flock to every thread to make it all about you though?" 

I didn't say I wanted more Patriots coverage, I said I'm tired of hearing about a division that could conceivably be won by an 8-8 or 9-7 team. 

So I'm not really sure where the misguided animosity is coming from here. "Such a shame."  :thmup:

Agreed, I am tired of hearing about the NFC East as well. The only team that could come out there and maybe do some damage in the playoffs is Dallas, and that would require them to stop beating themselves and play some defense. Don't see it happening. I guess it is hard to completely write off the Giants in light of their playoff success in recent years, but when you watch them there is nothing special about that group this year. They have been winning recently against other bad teams. Philly still doesn't have me convinced. They are so up and down it's hard to get a read on them, but typically up and down teams aren't going to do well come playoff time. Washington isn't even a threat for the playoffs at this point.