Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Drives a Honda Accord?

18Manning

Pretty funny point where it says that it's odd that Peyton doesn't own one Buick considering he's the company spokes person.  

Probably doesn't eat Papa Johns much either.  Although he does own several franchises I know.

Ok the text talks about an article about the "Then backup QB of the Indianapolis Colts" sharing a Honda Accord with his sister.  Umm when exactly was Andrew Luck ever the backup quarterback of the Indianapolis Colts?  

I like Andrew because he's obviously not flashy with his cars or his cell phone which actually is quite a bit like me.  

Although I suppose my slider phone would be considered high tech compared to Andrews old flip phone.

Well it only shows that he would rather work his way to the top instead of going straight to the bling like rg3, wilson, and kaepernick.

I still don't think he will buy an expensive car and smartphone with a $100 million contract...

He would probably upgrade to a jaguar or something...

I feel like the article is made up.  Luck's piece:

While most NFL players use their newfound wealth to buy expensive cars, Andrew Luck keeps his vehicular pursuits low-key. In 2012, USA Today reported that the then-backup quarterback for the Indianapolis Colts shared a late-model Honda Accord with his sister. And when that car isn't available and he doesn't have to go too far, Luck uses his other preferred form of transportation: a bicycle.

Since when was Luck ever a backup?  Loss of credibility there.  The article doesn't have sources or anything.  I think it's made up

I feel like the article is made up.  Luck's piece:

While most NFL players use their newfound wealth to buy expensive cars, Andrew Luck keeps his vehicular pursuits low-key. In 2012, USA Today reported that the then-backup quarterback for the Indianapolis Colts shared a late-model Honda Accord with his sister. And when that car isn't available and he doesn't have to go too far, Luck uses his other preferred form of transportation: a bicycle.

Since when was Luck ever a backup?  Loss of credibility there.  The article doesn't have sources or anything.  I think it's made up

I was wondering about that too.  Also since when does Andrew Luck's sister live in Indianapolis?  Their family is from Houston arn't they?  

Andrew Luck lives here full time too.  Granted I think he does a lot of traveling during the off season, but he shares a place with his GF who works in Indy.

I do not make as much money ad Andrew Luck, and there is no chance I would buy an Accord.

I presonally don't believe much of this article. Seems like lazy journalism... listing every Super Bowl MVP's Super MVP car is a prime example of this.

I owned an Accord and didn't like it at all...actually it was a company car. I had them get me a Ridgeline instead. The Accord was very uncomfortable on a ride longer than two hours. One of my kids drives a Civic and I think it's a far better car than it's big brother.

I owned an Accord and didn't like it at all...actually it was a company car. I had them get me a Ridgeline instead. The Accord was very uncomfortable on a ride longer than two hours. One of my kids drives a Civic and I think it's a far better car than it's big brother.

I love my Civic, that said I would get a Volvo S60 over an Accord. I love my wife's S40, but I cannot imagine having more than two people in there.

Nope my grandparents all worked for GM and I support them and if i didn't I'd still buy ford or dodge before I go with a foreign car

I have a friend in the same situation and he gets incredible deals on their product. The GM, Ford and Dodge are no more domestic that the Toyota and Honda. 

Pretty funny point where it says that it's odd that Peyton doesn't own one Buick considering he's the company spokes person.  

Probably doesn't eat Papa Johns much either.  Although he does own several franchises I know.

Ok the text talks about an article about the "Then backup QB of the Indianapolis Colts" sharing a Honda Accord with his sister.  Umm when exactly was Andrew Luck ever the backup quarterback of the Indianapolis Colts?  

I like Andrew because he's obviously not flashy with his cars or his cell phone which actually is quite a bit like me.  

Although I suppose my slider phone would be considered high tech compared to Andrews old flip phone.

I wonder if Peyton likes the Memphis Grizzlies.....which some/most know he and his wife co-own with a fairly large group.

I love my accord!  Great car

I'm with you, I like Accords.  Many years ago I had a '91 Accord that was a 5 speed.  It was a little bit beat up and had over 120K miles when I bought it but it still ran incredibly well and was fun as can be to drive.  It was the 2nd most enjoyable car I've ever owned.  :)

I'm with you, I like Accords.  Many years ago I had a '91 Accord that was a 5 speed.  It was a little bit beat up and had over 120K miles when I bought it but it still ran incredibly well and was fun as can be to drive.  It was the 2nd most enjoyable car I've ever owned.   :)

I love driving the accord.  First car I ever had that felt sporty.  Makes me feel like I want to drive fast and I never feel that way!

I'm with you, I like Accords.  Many years ago I had a '91 Accord that was a 5 speed.  It was a little bit beat up and had over 120K miles when I bought it but it still ran incredibly well and was fun as can be to drive.  It was the 2nd most enjoyable car I've ever owned.  :)

Your 91 accord was smaller than a current honda civic. The newer ones are a bit more like town cars, big, powerful but not very nimble. Accords are fine cars, it's easy to see why they're so popular.. A little too nice, soft, and inoffensive for my tastes though.

Hondas of the nineties were driver's cars.