Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis (+2) @ Arizona (11-24-13)

oldunclemark

Arizona has a great run game behind Andre Ellington, and a really talented secondary. If you take away last weeks explosion by Palmer, hes been mediocre at best most of the year.

This game will be won on run the ball/stopping the run, in spite of how cliche that phrase is.

Arizona has a great run game behind Andre Ellington, and a really talented secondary. If you take away last weeks explosion by Palmer, hes been mediocre at best most of the year.

This game will be won on run the ball/stopping the run, in spite of how cliche that phrase is.

Hopefully Arians keeps up his trend of not giving the ball to Ellington enough.

Davis should follow Fitz wherever he lines up. 

I hope he does not 'follow them' after the catch like he has in 2 of the last 3 games....

Vaughn needs to turn his head to the ball like he did last week too.  I think that was the 1st time I can remember him playing the ball!!!

Looking for a good game....and I have a feeling we hurt Carson Palmer.....to backup...just a 'gut.'

ncis.jpg?w=565

I hope he does not 'follow them' after the catch like he has in 2 of the last 3 games....

Vaughn needs to turn his head to the ball like he did last week too. I think that was the 1st time I can remember him playing the ball!!!

Looking for a good game....and I have a feeling we hurt Carson Palmer.....to backup...just a 'gut.'

ncis.jpg?w=565

Vaughn wont be playing. Toler is back to full practice this week.

Basically that's an even game...

Cards probably favored because they are coming of a big offensive game and the Colts have been stealing games in the second half..

Over-under at 45 seems low....

Colts have been a touch better on the road than at home....

I always love it when we're the underdog.  Have we lost a game yet this year as the dog?  I don't think so, I'm pretty sure we were favored in SD and I know we were favored in our two home losses.

What is the method of measuring that theory? I've heard it said a lot over the years, but always wondered how it is proven to be so?

What is the method of measuring that theory? I've heard it said a lot over the years, but always wondered how it is proven to be so?

Essentially, it comes from the old idea on offense that you need the defense to respect your run game to set up the passing game. If you run the ball well, and stop the opponent from running, you can control time of possession and make the opponent one dimensional on offense. Its a very Lombardi-esque, conservative mindset to football strategy.

Nowadays with rules changes and passing schemes as advanced as they are, its more of a cliche from yesteryear than a truism, but it still has its merits in that the idea behind is controlling possession of the ball.

Essentially, it comes from the old idea on offense that you need the defense to respect your run game to set up the passing game. If you run the ball well, and stop the opponent from running, you can control time of possession and make the opponent one dimensional on offense. Its a very Lombardi-esque, conservative mindset to football strategy.

Nowadays with rules changes and passing schemes as advanced as they are, its more of a cliche from yesteryear than a truism, but it still has its merits in that the idea behind is controlling possession of the ball.

But can't it be said the other way too? It's all hokum anyway. Big plays, throwing, running, and good tackling etc win games. Good execution. Anyway, I knew what you meant....

Guest TeamLoloJones

We are underdogs, huge ones.

And Cards fans are all over the forums, being obnoxious.

How does +2 on the road make us huge underdogs?

This is a must game for Arizona if they are to make the NFC playoffs..

...look at the rest of their schedule.. SF, Seattle at Phily

AZ's schedule is brutal. Every game is a must win for them as hard as the Panthers have been surging. Their defense is great, and they have a budding star at RB. Its going to be a hard matchup if Indy cant contain the run.

AZ's schedule is brutal. Every game is a must win for them as hard as the Panthers have been surging. Their defense is great, and they have a budding star at RB. Its going to be a hard matchup if Indy cant contain the run.

Is Chapman going to play?  From what I remember seeing Franklin wasn't doing much.  Singled and

ineffective.  Early in the game Tenn ran well up the gut.

Thought the Cards would be favored by more but it's going to be a high scoring game. Both QB's should have over 300+ yards passing.

How? The Cardinals are primarily a running team and their pass protection isnt that good when they do drop back. Both teams have talented secondaries as well. Thats not exactly a recipe for shootout.

Carson Palmer threw for over 400 yards last week...They are going to try to light us up..

Coach Bruce loves to throw the ball down the field and so does Carson...

In good Pheonix weather....they are going to try to toast our DBs like marshmallows

They were only able to do that because Jacksonville's pass rush is awful. Throw any decent pass rush at their o line and the pocket collapses like a house of cards, and Palmer goes down hard. All of their best offensive plays stem from Ellington and the run game. Stop him, stop the Cards.

We suck at stopping the run and made Fitzapatrick look like a top 5 QB.

They were only able to do that because Jacksonville's pass rush is awful. Throw any decent pass rush at their o line and the pocket collapses like a house of cards, and Palmer goes down hard. All of their best offensive plays stem from Ellington and the run game. Stop him, stop the Cards.

Recent results would argue with you....The cards have won the last 3......the Jax rush isn't really why Carrson dropped 400...

He's a deep thrower...he doesn't check down much..

..we have given up some deep plays...in the last 2 or 3 outings....Andre Johnson..Tavon Austin...

........WE have to get to Palmer..(he's just standing there...)..or he'll commit crimes on our secondary in the Arizona sunshine.

.....Time to call 'Judge' Mathis

I know man when I played I pulled mine and didn't sit out... I literally couldn't walk after the season ..... and ROLLTIDE GO HORSE

Have zero idea as to how you even played.  When I pulled mine I could not walk with any stride for two weeks...and it lingered all season...just awful!

Hi all:

I'm a Cards season ticket holder and thought I'd give you some insight to our team.

On offense we have a swiss cheese Oline and have for years. combine that with a slow footed Carson Palmer and it's been a disaster for much of the year. Any above average pass rusher can reck havoc on us. Last three weeks though you have seen Carson clicking a lot more with the likes of Floyd, Fitz and Roberts. Floyd is starting to breakout and is as dangerous as Fitz.

Ellington had the highest Yards per rush in the NFL prior to the last game. He is being somewhat limited by Arians due to his size but is an explosive player running and catching. Mendenhall has been a lot like your trent richardson. Take ball fall into line for 1-3 yards.

Our strength is our defense. It's even better then it was last year. We play a mostly 3-4 with Calais Campbell on the right end being an absolute stud. Old man john Abraham who we signed late in the free agent period because nobody wanted him has been lights out the last 3-4 games with a bunch of sacks and fumbles.

Our two linebackers Daryl Washington and Karlos dansby are as good as you can get with great speed and tackling ability. Our secondary is very stout led by Tyronne Mathieu the rookie and of course Patrick Peterson. Now Peterson gets a lot of pub as a "shut down corner" but he gets beat by the likes of Golden tate and Micheal Crabtree. If your guy Hilton is like those WR's I think he can get some catches on Patrick.

Our special teams is very good but our stud Justin Bethal had a concusion last week and is doubtful. He's one of the best gunners in the NFL and has blocked some field goals. Patrick Peterson is regressing in punt returns and is near the bottom of the league. Arians is thinking of replacing him with Tyronne.

You guys have a great team and am looking forward to the matchup. I personally think we match up well against the Colts and will beat them..Good luck and enjoy.