Patriots Panthers Great Ending

danlhart87

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TeamLoloJones

I thought it was one of Brady's best games..and he had a point on the last play. He was right

The refs have been god awful in just about every game this year.  Seems like at least once a week a close game is decided by a bad call.

Guest TeamLoloJones

That's why I'm grinning like a Cheshire Cat right now (that and a NE loss just makes me happy).  Our guys are back in the driver's seat for a bye, just hope nobody loses the keys.  Go Colts!

Yeah..(if the Pats lose to Denver) The Bengals have the tiebreaker vs. the Pats already...so the Cincy vs. Indy game in a few weeks will be a HUGE game.

I thought it was one of Brady's best games..and he had a point on the last play. He was right

He was right, but there is a better way to handle it. This isn't exactly a rarity to see him blow up like that.

He did have a solid game sans the INT which he should have been bailed out on. The running game played lights out too sans the fumble.

Yeah..(if the Pats lose to Denver) The Bengals have the tiebreaker vs. the Pats already...so the Cincy vs. Indy game in a few weeks will be a HUGE game.

This is the deal....if we lose at Arizona..that's a nonconference game

..If NE loses at Denver....that's an AFC loss

You are right...it could come down to Indy at Cincy for the bye

He was right, but there is a better way to handle it. This isn't exactly a rarity to see him blow up like that.

He did have a solid game sans the INT which he should have been bailed out on. The running game played lights out too sans the fumble.

No biggie imo. It's a football game, things get heated.

The refs are leaving, Moose...You've got to try to say something to make them reconsider..

At that point, Im not sure there is a better way to handle it

The refs are leaving, Moose...You've got to try to say something to make them reconsider..

At that point, Im not sure there is a better way to handle it

Well when the ref says the game is over, the game is over. I don't know what the best way to handle it is, but I do know it's not following them down the tunnel screaming your head off.

If this were a once in a blue moon thing then fine. Everyone is human and has their emotions boil at some point. These outbursts are happening far too often for a player of his stature/caliber/exposure. He's a face of the NFL and one of the best QB's to ever play. He needs to act like it and not throw a frickin' fit darn near every single time something(s) don't go his way.

Well when the ref says the game is over, the game is over. I don't know what the best way to handle it is, but I do know it's not following them down the tunnel screaming your head off.

If this were a once in a blue moon thing then fine. Everyone is human and has their emotions boil at some point. This is happening far too often for a player of his stature/caliber/exposure. He's a face of the NFL and one of the best QB's to ever play. He needs to act like it and not throw a frickin' fit darn near every single time something(s) don't go his way.

Meh; he didn't come off good, but I don't know how awful it actually was. Heat of the moment, you feel like you just got robbed, and the ref won't even give you an explanation. I'd be upset also. And I think we all know better than to think that NFL players don't use profanity.

I'm more bothered at the intrusiveness of the camera than at what the camera captured. If you want to get behind the scenes, you're going to see what actually happens behind the scenes. Stay out of the sausage factory if you don't want to see how it's made.

Guest TeamLoloJones

LOL

I heard his comments on the radio. They didn't say what he was wearing...

I'm surprised.  They did a whole segment on the pregame show about Brady's choices in fashion.  (I'm not kidding)

I got no love for the Patriots but they should have had one more play from the 1-yard-line... 

...Nobody can seriously argue Gronkowski wasnt held or that a ball 3 yards in front of his wasnt catchable

This is where I'm at. Bad call in my opinion. To throw the flag, pick it up, and then run off the field without an explanation was gross.

Then again, it does help the Colts.

The refs have been god awful in just about every game this year.  Seems like at least once a week a close game is decided by a bad call.

Consistency is the key at, and at least they are bad all around. No... in this case in watching the replay there is no way Gronkowski could have beat the defender to the ball regardless of being held.  

Bill Belichick made me LOL! "I didn't see anything. We've been down this road before." Translation: I'm not stupid. I don't wanna get fined by Roger Goodell. I kept thinking of that Ravens AFC Championship Game & that FG call & the Grey Hoodie grazing the hand of an NFL zebra...Open your checkbook Bill... You can tell he's not walking into that expensive bear trap again. Been there; done that. 

Honestly, I had no idea what the rules are for picking up a flag for pass interference beyond a WR & CB getting their legs twisted up etc., but I wanted a LIVE field explanation & I find it kind of sneaky that they refused to provide one right then & there. You don't just pick it up & say the games over what the hades man?! Gronk was held that was obvious. So, the Carolina pick made it a mute point how? Gronk is tall with long arms, a tremendous wingspan, & he can jump high & grab the ball out of the air. Let's get real here. 

I think it should have been a flag. Even though Gronk could not have caught that as it was picked well underneath him, he was still mucked with and a penalty should be a penalty. This was just a case of the refs "letting them play" I suppose.

Gotta love inconsistency or double standard officiating when your team is the one that gets jobbed. Of course most pretend it doesn't exist when it benefits their own team or goes against a team/player they hate.

Nope, wrong, not catchable, no interference, that's the rule:

Actions that do not constitute pass interference include but are not limited to:

“(a) Incidental contact by a defender’s hands, arms, or body when both players are competing for the ball, or neither player is looking for the ball. If there is any question whether contact is incidental, the ruling shall be no interference. 

(b) Inadvertent tangling of feet when both players are playing the ball or neither player is playing the ball. 

© Contact that would normally be considered pass interference, but the pass is clearly uncatchable by the involved players. 

(d) Laying a hand on a receiver that does not restrict the receiver in an attempt to make a play on the ball. 

(e) Contact by a defender who has gained position on a receiver in an attempt to catch the ball.

That pass was clearly uncatchable from the get-go, Gronk was in the back of the end zone when he ran into Kuechly (and yes, he did make initial contact by bumping straight into Kuechly on that play, but that's a discussion for another day), the pass was thrown in the front of the end zone when it was intercepted, 5 feet away from where the 2 tangled up (severely underthrown, in other words) as you yourself attested to, it was the right call (or non-call, depending on how you wanna look at it).

I do have to give Cam Newton credit. That kid has turned a corner, doesn't pout anymore on the bench, & can beat you with his arm & his legs. Darn! That was impressive...

Tom Brady took some serious hits in that 59 seconds...A tough son of gun who almost pulled off another miraculous win...Plus NE's running game was a 3 headed beast with Vereen, Blount, & Ridley. Jesus...

What was Talib's problem tonight? He let WR Steve Smith rattle him & get under his skin. He needs to just play & not cost his team vital field position. 

Carolina's LBs are a force to reckoned with too. Luke Kuechly has a tremendous motor as Jon Gruden kept raving about all night long too. 

“(a) Incidental contact by a defender’s hands, arms, or body when both players are competing for the ball, or neither player is looking for the ball. If there is any question whether contact is incidental, the ruling shall be no interference. 

(b) Inadvertent tangling of feet when both players are playing the ball or neither player is playing the ball. 

© Contact that would normally be considered pass interference, but the pass is clearly uncatchable by the involved players.

(d) Laying a hand on a receiver that does not restrict the receiver in an attempt to make a play on the ball. 

(e) Contact by a defender who has gained position on a receiver in an attempt to catch the ball.

That pass was clearly uncatchable from the get-go, Gronk was in the back of the end zone when he ran into Kuechly (and yes, he did make initial contact by bumping straight into Kuechly on that play, but that's a discussion for another day), the pass was thrown in the front of the end zone when it was intercepted, 5 feet away from where the 2 tangled up (severely underthrown, in other words) as you yourself attested to, it was the right call (or non-call, depending on how you wanna look at it).

It's clearly uncatchable because Gronkowski wasn't able to make an attempt on the ball.  If you can't make an attempt to catch the ball because of a defender's interference, its definitely a PI

Yes, but if Gronk was held making a catch impossible, how does anyone really know that Gronk wouldn't have been in the exact same endzone spot where Brady's pass was picked off? That's the real question to me...No zebra seems to want to address that on the field. 

Thanks for the thorough explanation KManX89. Here's a stripped shirt, a cap, & a whistle can you start this Sunday? ​  haha

I do understand New England Patriots fans frustrations here completely because if the same thing happened to my Colts SW1 would be furious, livid, & when I blow my top it's like a volcano erupting with the heat & intensity of a thousands suns. My point here is fairness means everything to me. So does the integrity of the game, & NE got robbed...Not of absolute victory, but probably a 90% chance of it. Gronk was made for situations like that & I knew where the ball was going. Hades everybody watching knew that, but PI happened there clear as midnight & the refs are blind as a bat if they believe otherwise. JMO. 

Like Dustin said "Touchdown Seahawks!" Amen Brother...A bad no call ticks me off & makes me sick even if my squad loses because of it hypothetically speaking of course.

Can a game ball be given to the head referee Cam Newton? Sorry NE I didn't mean to pour salt into an open wound & twist the knife in your back repeatedly...My bad...It would be intriguing to see a Playoffs rematch between both squads now though. So much tension, so much punishment, so much retribution...

Just my luck for falling asleep after the first quarter and missing all the action. :jump:

Bummer Jules, SW1 was looking forward to some razor sharp jokes from you that cut right to the bone. A genuine complement not a criticism.

Use this anger as fuel NE like you always do, poking a sleeping giant is never a good idea because even if you stumble & fall you typically create a tremendous shockwave felt across the entire league. I have been burned too many times myself. I never underestimate Brady anymore, but that Panthers D knows when to drop the hammer & sack Tom too. A great smash mouth, old school ground game on both sides. Nice. 

Okay, I'll shut up now.  haha

I'm surprised.  They did a whole segment on the pregame show about Brady's choices in fashion.  (I'm not kidding)

The trials & tribulations of being married to a supermodel. I can see the fashion police TV show now: The Catwalk, Clam Chowder, & Tommy Boy. Just Kidding!  The Ughs Red carpet locker room report with Giselle...LOL! 

And was it still alive?

:lol:  :funny:  lmao  Funny line there MOW...You make it sound like Brady is wearing something from the endangered species collection...

The Hawksbill Turtle line or the Sumatran Orangutan line or the Black Rhino/South China Tiger Collection. Dude seriously man that turtle shell & orange fur clashes with that black rhino belt...Sigh...

But what sweater was he wearing?

Is this what NFL beat reporters must commentate on now? Does the sweater breathe? What does the texture feel like? Is it stain resistant? & is it itchy capable of leaving a severe skin rash or allergic reaction? 

Mondays clearly are a really S-L-O-W news day for all 32 teams apparently...Does anyone do in depth investigative journalism anymore? Wow, just sad TLC.

Does the Home Shopping Network realize they are about to enter a bloodthirsty media turf war with Giselle & Tommy? A fabric smackdown...Unbelievable...SMH...

I'm certainly not a Patriot 's fan, Colts fans should be happy with the loss, but the call itself was horrible. There were a million times where Brady and the Patriots have gotten undeserved breaks , but this was not one of them. It was fun to see Brady whine , but the call was not a good one.

It's always the subjective calls that gets in the way.  Most especially if on the last play of the game. Gronk did himself no favors by not trying to fight back toward the ball, even if he was being mugged.  The way it played out, there was no way Gronk would have made it back to the spot on the field where the defender intercepted it. And he was well covered (defender near bear hugging you will do that.)  That's why they picked it up, Last play of game (hate to decide game on penalty) and receiver didn't show any potential to possibly come back for the reception.

I felt different in real time, and so did refs. But they huddled and changed it, and seeing replays, I relented as well.  But I was easy for me because I knew it helped the Colts too.

I have not seen that called PI very often - for the most part if something happens in front of the catch - ball is tipped / ball is intercepted - then contact behind that point is almost always ignored.   No way in the world was Gronk going to catch that ball.   If it had been a better throw it would have been PI - that one is all on Brady!