Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots Panthers Great Ending

danlhart87

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it the right call? The defender was practically bear hugging gronk but ball was thrown underneath and got intercepted. The pats should have been given one more play. 

I've definitely seen PI for far less than that. Kind of a difficult call because Gronk didn't fight to get back to the ball, making it seem uncatchable. I don't know...

I think it should have been a flag. Even though Gronk could not have caught that as it was picked well underneath him, he was still mucked with and a penalty should be a penalty. This was just a case of the refs "letting them play" I suppose.

Gotta love inconsistency or double standard officiating when your team is the one that gets jobbed. Of course most pretend it doesn't exist when it benefits their own team or goes against a team/player they hate.

Pats board in full meltdown mode...yeah it was a PI, but they got one too on that questionable call on the Panthers DB that kept the final drive alive. Officiating really terrible all around these days. The NFL needs to step up and hire these guys full time like the other major sports. These dudes are bankers and lawyers in the offseason. This isn't 1972

haha...um no! Pereira, the VP of Officiating, will always make an excuse...

it was the wrong call but hey! It gets closer to Colts getting the #2 seed!

I'd love to hear the excuse. Oh well, sucks for New England. This isn't going to go over well with the media either.

I lost by .02 points in fantasy because that was intercepted so I can barely enjoy the fact the pats lose. I find fantasy football ruins football lol

Please tell me you at least have significant money at stake. You do know the Patriots losing helps the Colts?

Pats board in full meltdown mode...yeah it was a PI, but they got one too on that questionable call on the Panthers DB that kept the final drive alive. Officiating really terrible all around these days. The NFL needs to step up and hire these guys full time like the other major sports. These dudes are bankers and lawyers in the offseason. This isn't 1972

Under the new agreement I think the nfl has the right to hire and train new guys to replace underperforming refs. Thank god.

This is serious truth .....gm...

Bad call after bad call ,,,The NFL is better than insurance salesmen and gym teachers deciding entire seasons for good teams

Guest TeamLoloJones

Regardless of the call, Brady should be fined for screaming at the ref going into the tunnel. But he won't be bc he's Tom Brady

Didn't Belichick get fined for doing the same thing in that Baltimore game?  I think he was mad about the game winning field goal.

Regardless of the call, Brady should be fined for screaming at the ref going into the tunnel. But he won't be bc he's Tom Brady

As inexcusable as the call was, so is Tom Brady's "leadership" when he whines like a petulant child. He's done it periodically in the past with coaches/refs, but this season it's becoming a near weekly basis between coaches refs and now teammates.

When Brady doesn't get the time he's used to throw or he/his teammates mess up he blows his lid. It's like watching a time bomb any time he plays a team that can beat his O-line or slip ups mount.

We didn't see much of it in the past because few teams could beat his line.  It's still good at both pass and run blocking, but the pass blocking isn't a fortress anymore. It's still better than most and he should be counting his blessings he doesn't have one like Rodgers.

As inexcusable as the call was, so is Tom Brady's "leadership" when he whines like a petulant child. He's done it periodically in the past with coaches/refs, but this season it's becoming a near weekly basis between coaches refs and teammates.

I thought it was one of Brady's best games..and he had a point on the last play. He was right

Guest TeamLoloJones

It does help the Colts.......

I bet the SNF crew are furious they can't hype the Broncos-Pats game next week as the number 1 playoff seed matchup.