Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RGIII

SilentHill

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lost even more respect for Griffin after his last post game Presser. He blamed his INT on 3rd and 1 on his receiving corps. Said they couldn't get it open... Those I'd in RGIII are pronouns, not numerals

no he didn't - in regards to the throw, he said it was his mistake and he has to learn from it. The comments about the WRs and protections were while he was explaining how the play unfolded. Did you actually watch the presser or just all the sound bytes being taken out of context?

this whole thing is just silly...

I lost even more respect for Griffin after his last post game Presser. He blamed his INT on 3rd and 1 on his receiving corps. Said they couldn't get it open... Those I'd in RGIII are pronouns, not numerals

Tim Hassleback said Rou Helu was wide open on that play for the first down but hey if the QB said they couldn't get open they must not have been open

Tim Hassleback said Rou Helu was wide open on that play for the first down but hey if the QB said they couldn't get open they must not have been open

inaccurate - Griffin looked to Helu before coming off him but he was covered. He didn't break open until the ball was thrown.

Just quoting what Hassleback said.

yeah no worries - I figured :)

side note on the protection...whether or not Griffin called the wrong one, it didn't even look like all 5 linemen were on the same page anyway...a whole lot of things went wrong up front and Griffin was pressured fairly quickly. Even with all that, the decision to try and throw that ball was bad...many safer throw-aways he could have made there.

So, the Redskins have the 4th best offensive line in the league according to PFF

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/11/20/ranking-the-2013-offensive-lines-second-quarter/4/

This makes me even more skeptical that RGIII can become a real pocket passer.

Anyone who has watched a Redskins game would look at that as a joke. That line (outside of Trent Williams) is dreadful... 

I've watched a handful of Redskins games and Morris has to break what seems like 3 or 4 tackles to get 3 yards.... Also seems like every time RG3 drops back theres a middle linebacker or defensive tackle coming up the middle almost untouched. 

And LOL @ the tyler polumbus mention... I think everyone in the league knows that he is the worst RT in the NFL...

RG3 is being limited by Kyle Shanahan, quite simply. He still has superb abiltiy and huge upside. Outside of Luck, I would still take him over any other young QB in the league.

How can you be expected to go through your progressions when you rarely have more than two receiving options.

Horrible offensive scheme.

Anton..Nobody's offensive scheme consistently has only two passing options

Anyone who has watched a Redskins game would look at that as a joke. That line (outside of Trent Williams) is dreadful... 

I've watched a handful of Redskins games and Morris has to break what seems like 3 or 4 tackles to get 3 yards.... Also seems like every time RG3 drops back theres a middle linebacker or defensive tackle coming up the middle almost untouched. 

And LOL @ the tyler polumbus mention... I think everyone in the league knows that he is the worst RT in the NFL...

Their O-Line is awful, worse than ours but the margin isn't all that big imo

Griffin is playing with a terrible team, and they've been genuinly exposed once he's been playing poorly.

I dunno, is PFF really that far off? I don't watch redskin games, but PFF is a pretty trusted source, it's not like they were ranked 24th, they were ranked 4th, that's a far cry from 32.

The Redskins' record and the problems with our passing game in particular are part of a far more complex issue than just Griffin. Griffin has not looked entirely himself for much of this season and neither has our interior offensive line or receiving corps. Whether this is a matter of them overachieving last year, underachieving this year, or there being some deeper issue related to the coaching staff or locker room atmosphere is pretty much indeterminable at present. Early next season will say a lot.

I will say that the stats are both unfair to and overly generous towards Griffin depending on how you break them down and what games you look at in particular. Again, it's a complex issue and not something that is easily broken down even on film.

Or maybe he is looking like himself. Ones a fluke, two is a trend. See how he does next year.

If you choose to discount the glorified run play (.i.e. the dump off)... then RG3 regularly only has two legitimate passing options.

Some of the time there is no dump off. We're talking true 2-man routes a considerable number of times every game. And when there is a dump off, it's usually to the same side of the field as the 2-man routes are, so they're only using half the field the majority of the time. That's by design. That's why I don't say Griffin isn't or can't be a progression based passer. By design, they restrict him from doing so a lot of the time. Even earlier this year when people were saying they were running a more pro style offense, I disagreed, because they were still only using half the field on their pass plays. They just weren't running as much option, but their passing concepts are very juvenile.

I have heard less and less and less about RGIII over the past couple weeks, so I wondered to myself, is the RGIII hype over? Has he finally crashed back to earth?

Looking at his stats, his completion % is down almost 6 points, his interceptions have doubled and it's only week 11, his fumbles lost have doubled from 2 to 4, and his fumbles currently sit at 10, last year he had 12. he's been sacked 8 times less than last year (He was sacked 8 times in the last 2 games though), and he has 7 less rushing TD this year (0).

Also the worst part, the Redskins 3-7 record. compared from 10-6 last year.

Is this what we can expect from him moving forward? I think he's fallen to 4th on the depth chart of the 2012 draft, slightly behind Tannehill.

What is everyone elses takes?

The Hype is subsiding thankfully . Lots of media & members here bought in to the Redskins & Bob ..  :applause::thmup:  Not ME ..

Mike Shanahan: Anything short of the Super Bowl is a failure
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 23, 2013, 4:03 PM EST

350x-47.jpg?w=250AP

Mike Shanahan says the expectations are very high this season in Washington.

According to Shanahan, his players believe that they have what it takes to win the Super Bowl, and they won’t settle for anything less.

“We have a team that you’re going to be proud of,” Shanahan said. “They have set the expectations: anything short of a Super Bowl is a failure.”

Shanahan said owner Dan Snyder has given his team all of the resources it needs, and that the personnel department has built a team good enough to win it all.

Shanahan on #Redskins players: "They have set the expectations: anything short of a Super Bowl is a failure."

Washington Redskins (@Redskins) August 23, 2013

“Coaches coach, players play and together all of us can win championships,” Shanahan said, “and that’s what we plan to do.

:number1: :disco: :rock:

Shanahan said owner Dan Snyder has given his team all of the resources it needs, and that the personnel department has built a team good enough to win it all.

Shanahan on #Redskins players: "They have set the expectations: anything short of a Super Bowl is a failure."

Jeeze, this has me remembering that NFL Network show, the Top 10 Free Agent busts. The #1 free agent bust was literally "Any player the Redskins sign" and one of the commentators mentioned that you could make a Top 10 Redskins Free Agent busts.

I'd very much look forward to that episode if it ever gets created. :D