Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts-Saints

Captain Americolt

My head is not in the sand mate, let the saints come in this game all inspired and what not that will only take them down to the 1st quarter.... statistically the colts have a better pass defense than the saints.... lol what does that tell you? the colts will score in this game, i expect the colts to do some different things on defense.. the colts defense always perform better under the spotlight, they may not keep brees under 300 but the colts can win this game if they play good football.

Yeah the last two prime time games we had our D actually showed up. I hope this trend continues....

Yeah the last two prime time games we had our D actually showed up. I hope this trend continues....

Exactly for some ppl tend to believe that the colts are this really horrible team, the colts have been in every game, i believe the defense will play better simply for the fact that lacey will not see the field alot unless they go a 4 wide. cant forget freeney or mathis either.

Exactly for some ppl tend to believe that the colts are this really horrible team, the colts have been in every game, i believe the defense will play better simply for the fact that lacey will not see the field alot unless they go a 4 wide. cant forget freeney or mathis either.

Our Frathis switch-out has been an ill tip of our hand that even early on in the season, teams on the fly are taking full advantage of it. Our pass rush drops to below zero when they're out. A guy like Brees will immeadiatly identify his chances and he will operate and adjust accordingly, as all these other lesser teams have done.

I agree that this team may be better than their record indicates, however, they have that loser stink all over them. The Clark fumble to start the game last week is exactly the kind of loser play I'm referring to.

What time the game airs is inconsequential, almost superstitious. Remember that we had Tryon, Nevis and Foster back then as well.

True. I'm not saying the D only plays well when they're on the national spotlight. But so far this season, the better defensive performances have occurred on prime time. And I got a feeling that they will make a play or two against the saints, but we'll still lose...

Our Frathis switch-out has been an ill tip of our hand that even early on in the season, teams on the fly are taking full advantage of it. Our pass rush drops to below zero when they're out. A guy like Brees will immeadiatly identify his chances and he will operate and adjust accordingly, as all these other lesser teams have done.

I agree that this team may be better than their record indicates, however, they have that loser stink all over them. The Clark fumble to start the game last week is exactly the kind of loser play I'm referring to.

Well with this game its gonna be much different, its all about handling your roster when it comes to what teams your gonna play and since the saints are predominantly a passing team mathis and freeney are gonna see the field alot more... last week Hughes was inactive because they were facing a team that rushed alot, i expect him to be active this game and play.

But i agree they do have that loser smell around them, i think its the fact that peyton isnt there they are feeling like they need to do a little extra and it showed in the bengals game... they need to settle down a bit more

Last week weren't you saying Hughes was better at the run than Mathis?

Yes i was, but what would you rather have big dan muir and one of your best player in mathis playing or an extra undersized DE suited up, it just wouldnt make sense to have an extra DE suited up when you know they are gut you in the middle.

We're going to win this game. We need to win out if Manning is going to see the field after our bye week.

Uh.. perhaps you've been asleep for the last 6 weeks? Win out? we are going to be lucky to win 1 game this year. Why would we rush Manning's neck recovery for an already wasted year?

I feel like the Colts will fail to commit to the run before they fall way behind. Forced to pass after that, I see 3 disasters, a TD and maybe a couple of field goals. -13

Saints – Defense 52% pass completion rate - rank 1st

On the other side, I expect to see Sean Payton & Drew Brees torch the youth and deep drops of the colts secondary badly. -38

Colts - Defense - 70% pass completion rate - Rank 32nd (Last)
Colts - Defense - First downs allowed rushing 49 - Rank 32nd (Last)
Colts - Defense - Time-of-Possession 35:10 - Rank 32nd (Last)
Colts - Defense - Points allowed 163 - Rank 32nd (*Last)

When Special Teams play is factored in, more points go on the board for N.O.'s. -7

Darren Sproles

We'll need a defensive exorcism or a lot of yellow flags and no calls to cover the spread in this one.

I sure hope I'm proved wrong though.

Saints 45
Colts 13

Did Drake Nevis practice? If he does, we will have some semblance of a pass rush down the middle. Otherwise, if we rely on AJ and Muir, who are more run stopping DTs, to generate a push down the middle, it will be a long day. One of these things has to happen down the middle - Moala needs to surprise and/or Nevis needs to play a lot of minutes, and teams that have gotten tips/stops/INTs down the middle vs Brees have kept games close enough to pull it at the end.

Painter needs to sustain drives to help our D more than to hurt the Saints offense. The Saints offense can score in spurts and score real quick, so winning time of possession may not be the clinching factor vs a Brees' led offense (just like it did not help the Dolphins vs Peyton in 2009). But every little bit helps. Like I said before, Painter and the Colts better be prepared for scoring 30 points at least (offense, defense however the scores come), to stand a chance vs the Saints.

Edited by chad72

Colts 34-17.Painter 350/4 tds.He has all world ability,i just know it.Especially with that no huddle of his(reminds me of jim kelly).I'm so happy that curtis is proving everybody wrong!

who has he proved wrong? curtis is no starting quarterback and doesnt rate as a back up. Orlovski has almost no time with the team and is better than curtis. he makes faster and better reads than curtis and doesnt throw one hop passes

@ this point,I'm not sure what to think.I'm dazed and confused :tears: .It's kind of like trying to wake up from a operation.

I watched the entire game in disbelief,how could it be this bad with so many talented,decent guys?For all the players:It has to be hard,but try to move on,there's plenty of wins left.And hopefully there's many others out there that will continue to bleed blue regardless of the outcome.GO COLTS!

Since that last Super Bowl, it is almost like a voodoo curse has been put on us. Everything has gone wrong. Decimating injuries. Nothing just seems to go our way. After the worst year of injuries we have seen in Indy, we lose Manning.

All I can hope for from the worst defensive performance I've ever seen is the voodoo curse was broken and the only way to go from here is up.

Since that last Super Bowl, it is almost like a voodoo curse has been put on us. Everything has gone wrong. Decimating injuries. Nothing just seems to go our way. After the worst year of injuries we have seen in Indy, we lose Manning.

All I can hope for from the worst defensive performance I've ever seen is the voodoo curse was broken and the only way to go from here is up.

The only way to go from here is Luck and a new coaching staff!