Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts-Saints

Captain Americolt

I think the D will step up and Painter will play the best game of his young career. :D

Ok now to be serious......

I think Brees will shred us and pass for (maybe) 400 yards, if not 350+.

Darren Sproles will make our special teams look like JV football.

Curtis Painter has another average-good game, but not enough to win.

Finals Score Saints 35 Colts 21

I think the D will step up and Painter will play the best game of his young career. :D

Ok now to be serious......

I think Brees will shred us and pass for (maybe) 400 yards, if not 350+.

Darren Sproles will make our special teams look like JV football.

Curtis Painter has another average-good game, but not enough to win.

Finals Score Saints 35 Colts 21

I keep waiting for that 'surprise' win. Maybe this is the week?

I think Painter will shred and pass for (maybe) 300 yards, if not 250+.

Drew Brees has another average-good game, but not enough to win.

Finals Score Saints 21 Colts 27

sounds right :thmup:

Edited by Fx Stryker

Colts 34-17.Painter 350/4 tds.He has all world ability,i just know it.Especially with that no huddle of his(reminds me of jim kelly).I'm so happy that curtis is proving everybody wrong!

I like the kid but you're overselling him. Do you really think this horrid secondary of ours could wrangle in Brees to this effect? Your prognosis is quite imaginative.

I like the kid but you're overselling him. Do you really think this horrid secondary of ours could wrangle in Brees to this effect? Your prognosis is quite imaginative.

Yes.The saints often missfire,and they usually don't play-up to full potential.We shall see soon enough i guess.Maybe 350/4 tds is a bit much,but 300/3 tds is a real possibility.

I was just watching ESPN and the ticker on the bottom showed we were already down by 17....

This is going to be our highest scoring game all season prolly, but only because the saints D is pedestrian at the absolute very best.

But we're not outscoring Brees and his "Checkdown or touchdown" style of play. Anyone remember what happened last time we played Tampa 2 against him? We let him throw for 4 and 5 yards all night long. We almost encouraged him to do it. And he did. He had a record setting Super Bowl against us. Now he has a chance to do it again in the regular season.

We lose by 10 or more.

I was just watching ESPN and the ticker on the bottom showed we were already down by 17....

This is going to be our highest scoring game all season prolly, but only because the saints D is pedestrian at the absolute very best.

But we're not outscoring Brees and his "Checkdown or touchdown" style of play. Anyone remember what happened last time we played Tampa 2 against him? We let him throw for 4 and 5 yards all night long. We almost encouraged him to do it. And he did. He had a record setting Super Bowl against us. Now he has a chance to do it again in the regular season.

We lose by 10 or more.

Darren Sproles.....

Gonna catch the short outs all day and cause havoc. Even Manning would have a hard time keeping up with the way they'll carve us up. Coyer is going to implore the fetal position tampa 2 and we'll get cut up.

Colts 34-17.Painter 350/4 tds.He has all world ability,i just know it.Especially with that no huddle of his(reminds me of jim kelly).I'm so happy that curtis is proving everybody wrong!

why do i feel like your related to painter

Non-bias assessment?

I think Painter has his first bad day as a starter. I think we turn the ball over 4 times. Brees will hit the deep shots when we give them up, and the underneath that will always be open.

Sproles will hurt us returning kicks. Coyer failed against KC and Cinnci, so that is evidence enough for me to think that this N.O. offense will kill us.

I hate to say all this, as a fan it hurts. But this one isn't going to happen unless we get multiple turnovers. Frankly, N.O. is going to have to lose this game themselves because we can't win. We've shown no ability to close a game out against weak teams like KC and Cinnci whom aren't playoff caliber teams to say the least, and don't bother quoting me their records because they haven't been tested and they will both fail, they are bad teams.

:1colts: 16

:saints: 41

Edited by ruksak

lmao!!

We lose by 10 or more.

+1. It won't hurt as much since there's no shiny trophy at stake.

Brees has gone over 320yds in every game but one this season. They haven't had less than 80 rushing yards in a game. Sproles has ALWAYS torched us. Now factor in they just lost to TB and are now 2nd in the division. They HAVE to beat us (common opponent). This is an extremely important game to the Saints. Now factor in it's at home, and Payton is coming off a surgery (how will the team respond) this is a perfect storm for a butt kicking.

Saints 45

Colts 10 (17 with garbage time)

Brees 33/39 384yds 3 TDs

Sproles 256 total yards. 2 TDs

Painter 17/44 198yd 1td 2 int

Wayne 6 83 td

Brees has gone over 320yds in every game but one this season. They haven't had less than 80 rushing yards in a game. Sproles has ALWAYS torched us. Now factor in they just lost to TB and are now 2nd in the division. They HAVE to beat us (common opponent). This is an extremely important game to the Saints. Now factor in it's at home, and Payton is coming off a surgery (how will the team respond) this is a perfect storm for a butt kicking.

Saints 45

Brees 33/39 384yds 3 TDs

Wayne 6 83 td

That is probably the best prediction overall I have seen. Painter hasn't played terribly but he has never had a decent, complete four quarter game. This won't be a high scoring game on both sides. Clyde Christiansin (sp?) has done what he can to instill an offensive scheme that Painter can handle. It is throw a slant to Garcon, throw another slant to Garcon, and throw something deeper to Wayne. By the third quarter every team has shut us down. The Saints will be no different. They are coming off a big loss and will NOT let this Colts team stay around for long. I don't think we will get more than 14 points until garbage time.

Colts 10 Saints 34

This is gonna be a high scoring game on both sides.... the saints dont have a awesome defense themselves i say 35-27 colts win..... until the colts lose i will not admit they will or have lost.

How about this, Until the Colts win I will not admit that they have a CHANCE of winning!

I admire (kind of) the faith some of you still have. But you have to stop believing in the Easter Bunny sooner or later

Saints 45

Brees 33/39 384yds 3 TDs

Wayne 6 83 td

10 points?... the saints defense suck and the colts only score 10 points? not to mention the saints scoring 45 points would give the colts plenty of chances to score and they only score 10 points lol.... smh

How about this, Until the Colts win I will not admit that they have a CHANCE of winning!

I admire (kind of) the faith some of you still have. But you have to stop believing in the Easter Bunny sooner or later

Any team can win on any sunday, since the saints can be beat by the bucs although they could have won in the final quarter of the game, it shows there are some holes.

10 points?... the saints defense suck and the colts only score 10 points? not to mention the saints scoring 45 points would give the colts plenty of chances to score and they only score 10 points lol.... smh

Yea, considering they've scored more than 21 ONCE this season. Saints at home. 10pts 17 with garbage time. 17 points at the end of the game.

7,19,20,17,24,17. None if those teams we put those #s up against are on NO level, and weren't in the situation the Saints are in now. Get educated Brah.

Yea, considering they've scored more than 21 ONCE this season. Saints at home. 10pts 17 with garbage time. 17 points at the end of the game.

7,19,20,17,24,17. None if those teams we put those #s up against are on NO level, and weren't in the situation the Saints are in now. Get educated Brah.

Thats not education thats guessing by far... and your talking about the same team that allowed 42 to GB, 33 to the texans, 27 to the panthers, and 26 to the Bucs...

The colts faced the top ranked defense in their last game and painters performance in that game was pretty good until his final pass, now seeing that you say the the saints are gonna score 40+ points on the colts that would give the colts plenty of chances to score on a defense whos 26th in points allowed, 17th in yds and 19th in pass yds allowed....

My guess is this will be somewhat of a high scoring game.... brah

Thats not education thats guessing by far... and your talking about the same team that allowed 42 to GB, 33 to the texans, 27 to the panthers, and 26 to the Bucs...

My guess is this will be somewhat of a high scoring game.... brah

Exactly my point. 27 to the panthers, 26 for the Bucs. You think we can score more than both those teams? Who are easily head and shoulders above us offensively? At NO, with a team that's out for blood? Not happening my guy.

It will be a high scoring game slugger, my prediction is a total of 62pts will be scored. Pretty high scoring.

With the Saints coming off a stinging division loss to the Buccaneers....I think we're in for a good ol' fashioned country whippin' down in Nawlins.

Saints 41

Colts 17

Best post on this topic! I'm with you....NBC better get a lot of good shots of New Orleans, have a lot of stories about the Mannings ready and maybe even have a "I Love Lucy" episode to play just in case in really turns ugly!

I keep waiting for that 'surprise' win. Maybe this is the week?

I'll be surprsed if we get 20 points ill just make sure to have my bottle of Jack handy :whiteflag:. I wonder how many yards Drew Bress will have before half time with corners playing 5-10 yds off the line every play hmmmm. My guess is 200 yards at half

+1. It won't hurt as much since there's no shiny trophy at stake.

Yeah, but I was hoping this would be a revenge game where Manning went down and just set the world on fire against them so he could say "We dat. See, this time I didn't give my handicap of a meathead coach and his over-employed defensive coordinator the chance give this one away. I giveth, and I taketh away, and this week I'm taking all I can."

Oh well...

Exactly my point. 27 to the panthers, 26 for the Bucs. You think we can score more than both those teams? Who are easily head and shoulders above us offensively? At NO, with a team that's out for blood? Not happening my guy.

It will be a high scoring game slugger, my prediction is a total of 62pts will be scored. Pretty high scoring.

Uhh Yea i do think the colts can score than both teams... the colts have more weapons on offense than both teams combined... maybe not at RB but the colts have much better receivers... all i know is the colts will definitly keep this as a high scoring game... the defense is gonna fail the colts and the offense will come on the field and put up points.. the saints dont have a stellar defense so that shouldnt be surprising at all.

We need to score 30 plus in order to have a chance to beat the Saints. I know Curtis and the Colts can put up 24 pts on the Saints. Whether the extra TD comes in the form of a defensive or offensive TD to put us over 30, that is what it will take to have a chance to beat the Saints.

Right now, I am going with Saints 34 Colts 24 but I hope I am proved wrong.

Saints 45

Brees 33/39 384yds 3 TDs

Wayne 6 83 td

Trav..

Other than NE..this is our worst matchup of the season...

Brees is perfect to attack our soft coverage..and you are right about Sproles..

Plus this is now a MUST game for them...

No Mannng, no Brackett, No Costanzo...No Addai

I'm always fairly optimistc but this would be one of the biggest upsets in the history of the franchise

Uhh Yea i do think the colts can score than both teams... the colts have more weapons on offense than both teams combined... maybe not at RB but the colts have much better receivers... all i know is the colts will definitly keep this as a high scoring game... the defense is gonna fail the colts and the offense will come on the field and put up points.. the saints dont have a stellar defense so that shouldnt be surprising at all.

If the Colts could score more than the Bucs....they would have beaten them. Get your head out of the sand. We shouldn't overlook the fact that we have a pedestrian offense just because it looks great compared to our horrific defense. If we pull out an upset - GREAT. But we probably won't. It just seems ridiculous if you have seen both teams play this year to predict that the Colts will win or even come close to winning.

Yeah, but I was hoping this would be a revenge game where Manning went down and just set the world on fire against them so he could say "We dat. See, this time I didn't give my handicap of a meathead coach and his over-employed defensive coordinator the chance give this one away. I giveth, and I taketh away, and this week I'm taking all I can."

Oh well...

I hear ya, JW. But then it would be "he couldn't get it done when it mattered." Love the meathead coach reference, BTW.

The Saints will jump on the Colts early and get a comfortable lead. The crowd will calm down, slowly coming to the realization that #18 isn't out there and it's not really that big of a deal. In the second half, the Colts will slowly sneak back into it as Sean Payton takes a double-dose of painkillers, forgetting he already took some in the first quarter. His assistants will attempt to ignore his increasingly erratic play-calling, until he begins to scream for an on-side punt. At that point, they patch in a replay of the Colts/Saints Super Bowl into his monitor, and he begins cooing like a drunken baby. Colts will draw to within one score. In the fourth, they will have an opportunity to go tie/go-ahead but will have a costly turnover. New Orleans will capitalize and score late, Colts lose by 10.

If the Colts could score more than the Bucs....they would have beaten them. Get your head out of the sand. We shouldn't overlook the fact that we have a pedestrian offense just because it looks great compared to our horrific defense. If we pull out an upset - GREAT. But we probably won't. It just seems ridiculous if you have seen both teams play this year to predict that the Colts will win or even come close to winning.

My head is not in the sand mate, let the saints come in this game all inspired and what not that will only take them down to the 1st quarter.... statistically the colts have a better pass defense than the saints.... lol what does that tell you? the colts will score in this game, i expect the colts to do some different things on defense.. the colts defense always perform better under the spotlight, they may not keep brees under 300 but the colts can win this game if they play good football.