Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Baltimore Colts Logo

bap1331

Good lord , can't you ever give it a rest? The owner of the franchise, which, believe it or not wasn't you or the city of Baltimore, decided to move to Indy......get over it.

I wonder if Rams and Raiders fans whine so much about their teams being moved around?

When the Colts took the colors and horseshoe logo from Texas no one whined. Don't let history get in the way of seeing the bigger picture.[/quote

The Texans had the same colors , but the Colts were named by Charles Evans of Middle River, MD , as part of a fan contest to name the new team in Baltimore. The Texans logo was actually the state of Texas picture and a cowboy. The Colts logo came from Baltimore based on horse racing and the Preakness. Indy and Colts make as much sense as Utah and Jazz.

Good lord , can't you ever give it a rest? The owner of the franchise, which, believe it or not wasn't you or the city of Baltimore, decided to move to Indy......get over it.

We are talking about logos , not the move. A few forum members wanted my ramblings a on the subject, so I gave them an opinion

Can I ask who it is you're mad at?

Personally, I was only seven when the trucks rolled into town and I have no particular attachment to what happened before 1984. Well, other than Elway giving the team a big "*."

I don't think any of the citizens of Indianapolis are particularly invested in stealing any history from you.

I'm not mad at you guys , but you guys have your own 30 year history in Indianapolis. Why not come up with a new era logo that incorporates the state of Indiana, or something that pertains to Indianapolis, rather than horse racing logos from Baltimore , that linked the Colts to Maryland horse racing , and the Preakness. If I was an Indy Colts fan I would want my own team identity linked to Indiana rather than something that happened in Maryland 30 years ago.

When the Colts took the colors and horseshoe logo from Texas no one whined. Don't let history get in the way of seeing the bigger picture.[/quote

The Texans had the same colors , but the Colts were named by Charles Evans of Middle River, MD , as part of a fan contest to name the new team in Baltimore. The Texans logo was actually the state of Texas picture and a cowboy. The Colts logo came from Baltimore based on horse racing and the Preakness. Indy and Colts make as much sense as Utah and Jazz.

That last sentence clearly shows you know nothing about Indiana.

Why should the people of Indianapolis have to come up with something original on their own? Don't try to fix something that's not broken. And even with that being said, I would take it as a compliment. It's obviously a testament to the people of Baltimore that they did a good job with thinking of a classic logo...hence it's still in use. I will give credit to Baltimore, though, for not adopting the Browns logos/colors..and coming up with the Ravens idea and such....

....however, I don't think even Helen Keller herself would have kept those egregiously looking Browns jersey

Why does Lucks head seem to be appearing on top of a bunch of different objects lately? I want a luck head on top of a Manning jersey 

Broncos Or Colts Don't matter!! Anybody got one of them are how I do it?

Not patting Baltimore on the back, but we have come up with some great logos and colors. The Orioles logos and colors are very cool, especially the cartoon bird on the caps. Considering most of the NFL colors and logos were already taken, I think the fans of Baltimore came up with a second great name of Ravens, linking it to Edgar Allen Poe. The current Raven logo I like, but the first flying B logo isn't the best.

Both Colt logos are very cool, and the bucking Colt is one heck of a logo. It beats the heck out of the dumb Steeler bumblebee throwback uniforms.

ame="The Old Crow" post="641793" timestamp="1384825305"]

That last sentence clearly shows you know nothing about Indiana.

I'm not questioning the fans love for the Colts , or blasting Indiana, I'm just saying some of these logos when teams move , don't make much sense. We know there are plenty of Jazz clubs in Salt Lake City. Indianapolis has top triple crown horse racing. There are plenty of Rams in St Louis. Some owners were smart enough not to take names with them. Adams knew that Nashville wasn't known for Oil. Thank god Modell didn't name a Baltimore team after Paul Brown. Teams do move, but why not come up with something that pertains to the city where the team is moving to that makes sense ? It just makes a cleaner break.

I'm not questioning the fans love for the Colts , or blasting Indiana, I'm just saying some of these logos when teams move , don't make much sense. We know there are plenty of Jazz clubs in Salt Lake City. Indianapolis has top triple crown horse racing. There are plenty of Rams in St Louis. Some owners were smart enough not to take names with them. Adams knew that Nashville wasn't known for Oil. Thank god Modell didn't name a Baltimore team after Paul Brown. Teams do move, but why not come up with something that pertains to the city where the team is moving to that makes sense ? It just makes a cleaner break.

There is not a triple crown race in Indiana, but their is a horse industry. Is it comparable to Kentucky? No. But it isn't like jazz in Utah by any means.

There is not a triple crown race in Indiana, but their is a horse industry. Is it comparable to Kentucky? No. But it isn't like jazz in Utah by any means.

I know there is some horse racing in Indiana, but you can't compare Hoosier Park to Pimlico and the Preakness. That is a bit of a stretch. It would have been far better at the time to name the relocated franchise to Indianapolis after the better known car racing industry. It would have made more sense.

I know there is some horse racing in Indiana, but you can't compare Hoosier Park to Pimlico and the Preakness. That is a bit of a stretch. It would have been far better at the time to name the relocated franchise to Indianapolis after the better known car racing industry. It would have made more sense.

I wasn't comparing Hoosier Park to Pimlico. But besides the triple crown race, the horse industry in Indiana and Maryland is very similar when it comes to jobs, money, etc. My point was it's far from jazz in Utah or a lake in LA.

And it was fine to keep the name....just like the giants, lakers, rams, cardinals, raiders did. Fact is, nobody outside of Maryland cares. Hell, most people probably don't even know the Preakness is held in Baltimore or that Poe spent some time in there.

I wasn't comparing Hoosier Park to Pimlico. But besides the triple crown race, the horse industry in Indiana and Maryland is very similar when it comes to jobs, money, etc. My point was it's far from jazz in Utah or a lake in LA.

And it was fine to keep the name....just like the giants, lakers, rams, cardinals, raiders did. Fact is, nobody outside of Maryland cares. Hell, most people probably don't even know the Preakness is held in Baltimore or that Poe spent some time in there.

Well you may be right about that. Most people today don't know anything about history. The Dodgers didn't make sense until traffic got really bad in LA, like it was in Brooklyn. We almost became the Browns twice , as the St. Louis and Cleveland Browns moved to Baltimore, but who wants a team named after the color Brown, or some guy named Brown. I would have preferred to be the Baltimore Texans, which would now make sense as we have some Texas Roadhouse restaurants in Maryland. !

I'm guessing you mean this logo?

328.gif

I only saw Pep Hamilton wear it.

Chuck has been wearing a jacket for most of the season with it on it, and it is on the team sideline hats as well. Donald Brown was rocking it on a flat brim hat during the Tennessee game after his 2nd TD. I think it's a great logo. And after next season, who cares what Baltimore thinks-- this team will have been in Indianapolis longer than it ever was in Baltimore (finally!)

Chuck has been wearing a jacket for most of the season with it on it, and it is on the team sideline hats as well. Donald Brown was rocking it on a flat brim hat during the Tennessee game after his 2nd TD. I think it's a great logo. And after next season, who cares what Baltimore thinks-- this team will have been in Indianapolis longer than it ever was in Baltimore (finally!)

What difference does that make. Time passing does not make a wrong, a right.

Can I ask who it is you're mad at?

Personally, I was only seven when the trucks rolled into town and I have no particular attachment to what happened before 1984. Well, other than Elway giving the team a big "*."

I don't think any of the citizens of Indianapolis are particularly invested in stealing any history from you.

I was 2, and have no memory of it now I'm 31 with a wife and child.  

Baltimore needs to really let this one go.  Especially when you consider that their elected legislature forced the owner's hand by voting to seize the team.  

I think we should have a sweat-shirt with Mayflower vans on it with a skyline of Baltimore, then an arrow with the Mayflower vans right in between, then the arrow ends with a skyline of Indianapolis.  Now that would be classic!!!!!!

FANTASTIC! You could even super impose a picture of the owners face laughing. I remember that morning waking up to learn of that "Great Escape". It was like coming home to find everything in your home has been stolen. A lizard without legs is a snake and boy did they squirm out of town on that night.

I remember that morning waking up to learn of that "Great Escape". It was like coming home to find everything in your home has been stolen.

How ironic considering "stolen" by Baltimore/Maryland politicians was precisely what the franchise would've been had it not moved immediately.

Great escape indeed. ;)

How dare Robert Irsay not bow to the tyranny of the state!!! ;)

I like the old throwback logo, I personally wish we would bring it out more often.

But I will admit that it looks better with the coaches than it does with the players, I don't think it would look good on the side of the helmet.

On the contrary. I would love to have that on the side of our helmets every once in a while. It would be similar to the patriots red throwback. It's one of the best in the NFL

On the contrary. I would love to have that on the side of our helmets every once in a while. It would be similar to the patriots red throwback. It's one of the best in the NFL

Unlike the Patriot Pat logo, the bucking horse has never been on the helmet. It's not a throwback, it's always been used.

I'm not mad at you guys , but you guys have your own 30 year history in Indianapolis. Why not come up with a new era logo that incorporates the state of Indiana, or something that pertains to Indianapolis, rather than horse racing logos from Baltimore , that linked the Colts to Maryland horse racing , and the Preakness. If I was an Indy Colts fan I would want my own team identity linked to Indiana rather than something that happened in Maryland 30 years ago.

I don't think a horse with a helmet and a football identifies with the Preakness at all. And as far as our own identity with Indianapolis, a look at the banners in Lucas Oil Stadium would certainly take care of that.

We need another good 10 years for all of Baltimore's apologists/revisionists to die off.

Then it'll be forgotten with a whimper. Buried with the last bitter clown who subscribed to the manufactured offense (smokescreen for political incompetence).

Unfortunately for you and your revisionist compadres, legions of children and grandchildren in Baltimore have been schooled about the Midnight Ride. Like Pearl Harbor, it will always live in infamy.

Unfortunately for you and your revisionist compadres, legions of children and grandchildren in Baltimore have been schooled about the Midnight Ride. Like Pearl Harbor, it will always live in infamy.

Not sure if seriously comparing Pearl Harbor, to a football team going to another state....

In other news: yet another thread is derailed into a pointless debate about Baltimore and the Colts.

It's not really a debate, but it is pointless. There's nothing that can be said that will fix whatever hurt feelings that are lingering.

All this derailment does is poke that funky spot in my brain that says "buy a Unitas jersey...and one of them funky horse logo hats..." Not really something I'm interested in doing, but I just may succumb to that funky spot if I hang out in this thread anymore.

:ignore: