Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Landry Jones (Merge)

Me being from/living in Oklahoma Im a HUGE OU fan, so Ive been watching Landry for 3yrs now. I remember when he took over for Bradford when he got injured NO ONE gave him a chance, but last yr. he grew up as QB and looks REALLY good this yr. He can be a really good QB in the NFL and is said to be the 2nd best QB in the draft this yr. behind Luck. Ive been hoping we draft him so he can learn behind Peyt for a few yrs. He'll be a franchise QB wherever he goes hopefully its here.

He has good size at 6'4, Strong Arm w/ REALLY Good accuarcy as well. As advise you to watch him this yr. he's looking Great This is his best yr. he's really Grown as a QB.

P.S. he's a Redshirted Junior so he'll 1 more yr. if he wants but I dont see it happening

He looks like he will be a good prospect, but if I am going to have a QB riding the pine and invest a first round pick in him it might as well be Luck.

I think where you will draft Jones there will be other guys available that have the same value like Jeffery or Claiborne that would give us much more value immediately.

If we draft Luck, he may pull an Eli Manning and refuse to come to Indy. If I were the first overall pick of the draft I wouldn't want to come to a team and ride the pine for 4 years. Picks that high should be reserved for players who can make an immediate impact.

If we draft Luck, he may pull an Eli Manning and refuse to come to Indy. If I were the first overall pick of the draft I wouldn't want to come to a team and ride the pine for 4 years. Picks that high should be reserved for players who can make an immediate impact.

Agree. I don't think an overall #1 sits the bench for more than 1 year, if that. I can't remenber one who has in recent memory. Jamarcus Russell maybe, but it was because he was terrible. I like Robert Griffin, if you want somebody to learn from Peyton. If the Colts get the #1 pick, put it on the auction block. I think a lot of QB-challenged teams would pay a premium for it.

I don't want us to draft a quarterback, but I like Landry Jones better than Andrew Luck. Name me the mest defense that Luck has faced, he hasn't played a top ranked defense in his career at Stanford. Landry just looks more fluid to me, probably because I like watching Oklahoma's hurry up offense.

Edited by Ramblinwreck7

Based on that video, I don't like him that much... his release may not be slow, but due to his throwing motion it seems to me like he could fumble a lot of balls like Collins did this year (Michael Johnson on pre-season sack comes to mind). Huge arm though.

Spread offense needed for him to succeed I think...

I like Matt Barkley, his motion is just perfect, great selling the playaction, pro style offense mastered, 3-5-7 step drops and he makes good reads... I don't know

Edited by Mexicolt

Agree. I don't think an overall #1 sits the bench for more than 1 year, if that. I can't remenber one who has in recent memory. Jamarcus Russell maybe, but it was because he was terrible. I like Robert Griffin, if you want somebody to learn from Peyton. If the Colts get the #1 pick, put it on the auction block. I think a lot of QB-challenged teams would pay a premium for it.

I must admit....I watched Griffin duel it out with Tanneyhill last week and I was very impressed.

He basically generated all of Baylor's offense as their running game was completely shut down. And by all accounts he's a great team leader as well.

If the Colts took the trade-down route, I wouldn't mind seeing him drafted....pending a very positive medical outcome for Peyton, that is.

Projects vs home runs? Is there such a thing as a home run draft pick when it comes to a QB? Would anyone other than Andrew Luck be a home run pick as a QB (just talking potential here)? I would like to see what we can do with a project like Tannehill, to be honest but would he be a bigger project than someone else?

Scouts wise, Landry Jones would be much less of a project, no doubt, but could we afford to pick a QB in round 2 and come away with the future QB to replace Peyton?

Not sure how to approach the drafting of a QB, to be honest.

Edited by chad72

Projects vs home runs? Is there such a thing as a home run draft pick when it comes to a QB? Would anyone other than Andrew Luck be a home run pick as a QB (just talking potential here)? I would like to see what we can do with a project like Tannehill, to be honest but would he be a bigger project than someone else?

Scouts wise, Landry Jones would be much less of a project, no doubt, but could we afford to pick a QB in round 2 and come away with the future QB to replace Peyton?

Not sure how to approach the drafting of a QB, to be honest.

Absolutely we could....we just have to be smart about it. Look at the strengths and weaknesses and determine which weaknesses would be the easiest to fix. I like Barkley, Jones and NIck Foles. Jones and Foles have both been compared to Phillip Rivers. The only reason I can think that Foles is still ranked so low at this point is because Arizona is 1-5. However Foles has kept them in almost every game despite a below average OL, lack of a consistent running game and a poor defense.