Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Caesar Rayford

RomanianColtsFan

Would be worth a PS spot right now but nothing else at this point, He is a liability against the run and needs to develope his pass rush moves.....He would not be being subbed in against 3rd stringers anymore, sacks would not come just on pure size alone. Could release Harnish from the PS...Highly doubt we bring Rayford back this year barring injury

Different positions.

Harvery plays MLB and Rayford was an OLB. 

Doesn't matter,

1.Rayford is not an active roster type talent at this point in his career, Lacks much at all in the form of pass rush moves. He would be a liability against the run

2.With 5 guys at ILB that would be a position where we could technically (by the numbers) afford to cut a player if we thought he was worth an active roster slot(Or Corner also has 6 players but with Tolers health seemingly looking up in the air at this point we cant really cut from there).......Which he isn't.....Im all for cutting a PS player and developing Rayford and if someone picks him up off of the PS from us then so what, we dont lose anything but a undeveloped 27 year old rookie and can replace him with another player

But I dont think we pick him up and really if were gonna cut a PS player and replace him with a pass rusher then there are several others on other teams PS that I could think of that are younger and could be developed

I'm starting to realize that this :colts: forum is really starting to dislike DHB very strongly

I was very excited when we signed him and still have not completely given up on him BUT when he ran that slant route and Luck literally hit him in the chest. he never even thought about putting his hands on the ball... it was straight up embarrassing

I'm starting to realize that this :colts: forum is really starting to dislike DHB very strongly

You just realized that?  DHB is the reason we've lost every game we've played this season.  If it weren't for him we'd have a Super Bowl by now.  Not to mention that he shut down the government for weeks and ruined the Obamacare website.

Every time he drops a pass an angel loses its wings.  I could go on, but you get the picture.  (BTW, DHB made me post this)

I was very excited when we signed him and still have not completely given up on him BUT when he ran that slant route and Luck literally hit him in the chest. he never even thought about putting his hands on the ball... it was straight up embarrassing

haha I didn't see the game but I could visualize that happening as I was reading your post lol

I thought that pick was conditional so they will most likely not get it.

No they get the 7th rounder the condition was they get the 7th rounder but if he would have played in every game and started 15 games and was productive then they would get a 6th rounder to go with it but after week one that was already not going to happen cause he was inactive.

You just realized that? DHB is the reason we've lost every game we've played this season. If it weren't for him we'd have a Super Bowl by now. Not to mention that he shut down the government for weeks and ruined the Obamacare website.

Every time he drops a pass an angel loses its wings. I could go on, but you get the picture. (BTW, DHB made me post this)

haha sarcasm to the max there Smonroe

But remember when we signed him & I said I didn't like the trade at all. I believe my first post of the "DHB signed by the Colts" was " :facepalm: "

When I did that, everyone jumped on me saying I'll eat crow & this & that

Here we are 10 weeks later, & the same ones who jumped on me about saying DHB sucks & has no hands are now the same ones throwing him to the wolves

I just find it funny lol

But remember when we signed him & I said I didn't like the trade at all. I believe my first post of the "DHB signed by the Colts" was " :facepalm: "

Here we are 10 weeks later, & the same ones who jumped on me about saying DHB sucks & has no hands are now the same ones throwing him to the wolves

I just find it funny lol

You just shh now and eat your crow ;)

I just find it funny lol

Look at who's throwing him to the wolves.  If it's the same complainers who offer no solutions, just the same tired "We Need to Fix the O Line!" rants, then just have a laugh.  There isn't a fan with an ounce of football knowledge that doesn't see the flaws in this team or certain players.  And no fan should have blind faith in their team.  But ignorant comments just have to be laughed at.

I personally don't think DHB 'sucks'.  I don't think he's a #1 but he's shown he can catch the tough pass.  I thought from the beginning he was worth a shot.  He has less drops than Reggie, TY or Coby, but there aren't too many Cut Them threads.  If it weren't for him, TRich, McGlynn, Satele, and Walden, there would hardly be anything to read here.

This is a place to voice opinion and some are interesting, while others are truly ignorant.  Some, like you said, are just laughable.  If my sarcasm can make someone laugh, it's a good thing.

Rayford was waived by the Cowboys, and there is that. Colts may have him back but I am willing to bet they won't.

I really liked him as a person after listening to an interview.  He's got a great attitude.  Unfortunately, he doesn't have great skill.  If the Cowboys, who are really hurting on D, let him go, you know he's not offering much.

Look at who's throwing him to the wolves. If it's the same complainers who offer no solutions, just the same tired "We Need to Fix the O Line!" rants, then just have a laugh. There isn't a fan with an ounce of football knowledge that doesn't see the flaws in this team or certain players. And no fan should have blind faith in their team. But ignorant comments just have to be laughed at.

I personally don't think DHB 'sucks'. I don't think he's a #1 but he's shown he can catch the tough pass. I thought from the beginning he was worth a shot. He has less drops than Reggie, TY or Coby, but there aren't too many Cut Them threads. If it weren't for him, TRich, McGlynn, Satele, and Walden, there would hardly be anything to read here.

This is a place to voice opinion and some are interesting, while others are truly ignorant. Some, like you said, are just laughable. If my sarcasm can make someone laugh, it's a good thing.

It's quite a few who're disappointed with DHB lately. Like I said, I'm holding onto my opinion until the last game the Colts play. I just really find it funny that the ones who defended DHB when I said I didn't like the signing are now the ones saying they don't like it haha

DHB has been very disappointing to this point I think he had one good game. I dont think bashing him helps at all because I can promise you that he wants to be that man for Indy but the truth of the matter is that I think he is over thinking things cause he has the talent. Trent I will not throw under the bus because I dont see the line protecting LUCK lets not talk about making holes for Trent to run threw. I think they need to use him more like a wide receiver. Trent did well with the Browns there but he ran well with them as well but i think a full year will be better for him. Now I do think our play calling is terrible most of the time.    

I just find it funny lol

tell us more about "the trade" for DHB.

No they get the 7th rounder the condition was they get the 7th rounder but if he would have played in every game and started 15 games and was productive then they would get a 6th rounder to go with it but after week one that was already not going to happen cause he was inactive.

ahh, great.  And you have a link or something to back up this information correct?

It's quite a few who're disappointed with DHB lately. Like I said, I'm holding onto my opinion until the last game the Colts play. I just really find it funny that the ones who defended DHB when I said I didn't like the signing are now the ones saying they don't like it haha

I don't remember if I defended Darius to you, but I have certainly defended him on the board consistently. I haven't changed. The amount of blame placed on him is so silly it defies logic. but.....fans who want a pound of flesh gotta get it somewhere.

Would be worth a PS spot right now but nothing else at this point, He is a liability against the run and needs to develope his pass rush moves.....He would not be being subbed in against 3rd stringers anymore, sacks would not come just on pure size alone. Could release Harnish from the PS...Highly doubt we bring Rayford back this year barring injury

Didnt hasselbeck say hes retiring after this season? I assumed thats why we still have harnish - backup of the future. Can someone confirm the hasselbeck thing, or did i just imagine that?

Didnt hasselbeck say hes retiring after this season? I assumed thats why we still have harnish - backup of the future. Can someone confirm the hasselbeck thing, or did i just imagine that?

He'll retire after next season. He'll finish out his contract.