Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Is The Best Bounty We Can Get For The 1St Overall Pick?

Just for argument's sake (and Jason knows what's coming), can you provide an example of a team with an established and talented QB that has earned the #1OVR pick?

Nope....but I can sure provide you with a number of examples of teams who found their future franchise QB without even spending a first round pick. ;)

Edited by Jason

Disagree. Luck's family is family friends with the Manning family. Considering he didn't even want to come into this years draft, he would have no problem sitting on the bench learning from Peyton Manning.

You have absolutely no way of knowing what Andrew Luck would or would not have a problem with.

Nope....but I can sure provide you with a number of examples of teams who found their future franchise QB without even spending a first round pick. ;)

I can provide you with an example of a team that did find their future franchise QB with the help of the #1 pick; the Colts. :ttth:

Edited by super8todd

The Panthers drafted Clausen in 10', but then drafted Newton in 11'... What's your point... just because you draft a QB doesn't mean you can't draft another one unless that QB you drafted is good. Ponder is good, and Gabbert is a great backup. Look at us, we're considering drafting Luck, and we have PM as our QB. That's a different story however. Anyways, those teams won't pass up Andrew Luck.... the Seahawks and Redskins won't either, but the Cowboys aren't stupid, they and the Broncos have needs bigger than QB. The last thing Denver wants is a bigger QB controversy... imagine Luck, Orton, Tebow, and Quinn

Clausen was also a 2nd round pick with questions concerning his character and work ethic coming out of college. Ponder and Gabbert were first round picks, both top 15.