Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

how to protect luck with this o-line

OLD FAN MAN

If ya have Game Rewind I can give you plenty examples, He consistently chooses to not throw to wide open underneath routes in favor of trying to go down field...A HUGE reason for drive killers on our part

i understand that and have seen it. I have all games recorded

The biggest problem is the Oline though

i understand that and have seen it. I have all games recorded

The biggest problem is the Oline though

I agree but he would avoid quite a bit of those hits if he would throw to the underneath receiver (I can name quite  a few instances.....which in alot of cases would go for a 1st down which in turn would keep drives going......I just get tired of the whole blame Pep crap...He has not been perfect but on the offensive side of the ball his playcalling is the least of our problems (That sack fumble that went for a TD for the Rams on the Colts opening drive Richardson was open out to the right flat...Luck had to have seen him...Instead he wanted to throw it into double coverage to Bey.....If he throws that to Richardson he has 8-10 yards of space).......Lucks second sack(By Hayes) Havili was open in the left flat

I agree but he would avoid quite a bit of those hits if he would throw to the underneath receiver (I can name quite a few instances.....which in alot of cases would go for a 1st down which in turn would keep drives going......I just get tired of the whole blame Pep crap...He has not been perfect but on the offensive side of the ball his playcalling is the least of our problems (That sack fumble that went for a TD for the Rams on the Colts opening drive Richardson was open out to the right flat...Luck had to have seen him...Instead he wanted to throw it into double coverage to Bey.....If he throws that to Richardson he has 8-10 yards of space).......Lucks second sack(By Hayes) Havili was open in the left flat

not to mention luck had two yards of a pocket he could have stepped into on that strip sack

The best success they have had is keeping Brown or someone in the backfield, and having them act as an extra blocker for Luck.  There was a few times that Brown stepped right in front of Luck, and was sweeping left and right and left looking for whoever broke through the line, and shored it up.  That gave luck extra time and they got a long completion.  

I think they are just going to have to maybe even go to a two back set, and deal with only two wideouts and use an extra back or two to provide more box around luck.

give me a break

Luck holding onto the ball is a problem. But it is down the list of our offensive failures

OK, an exaggeration...BUT we need more plays that are quick hitters in the passing game so that Andrew is not always holding the ball waiting for a receiver to pop open.

...and even THIS O-line can block for almost all quick passes and screen passes

OK, an exaggeration...BUT we need more plays that are quick hitters in the passing game so that Andrew is not always holding the ball waiting for a receiver to pop open.

...and even THIS O-line can block for almost all quick passes and screen passes

i agree. Play calling is bad at times