Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offical Trent Richardson discussion/thoughts/opinions thread.

Dustin

Yeah at #3! Lol, *. I still hope he works out for us but picking him #3 regardless is looking real dumb. I like Joe Thomas though

yea. stupid. mostly because it did not work out though. the idea was for trich to help out the other bust. QB weeden. we kind of throw 2 1rst round picks in the garbage. I really did think he would do better here though. behind a real QB.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If they pick a bust with our pick, we'll see who gets the last laugh. 

We may no get to see them use our "actual pick" on a player.  They may end up winning enough games they will have to package our pick with theirs to get up to the QB they covet.

Yeah at #3! Lol, *. I still hope he works out for us but picking him #3 regardless is looking real dumb. I like Joe Thomas though

haha I like how you're trying to pacify yourself with the fact that our OLD ownership took him at 3. We might have took him at 3 when he was by everyone's measure a top 10 pick but you took him at (let's say) 20-25 when you had a year of NFL tape on him and the team that drafted him was more than happy to get rid of him. 

Who's the *?

haha I like how you're trying to pacify yourself with the fact that our OLD ownership took him at 3. We might have took him at 3 when he was by everyone's measure a top 10 pick but you took him at (let's say) 20-25 when you had a year of NFL tape on him and the team that drafted him was more than happy to get rid of him.

Who's the *?

Well we're headed to the playoffs for the millionth time while your teams sits on its a** looking in fir the millionth time so I would say our FOs over the years are WAY smarter then yours the its hard to find bigger * then the browns you win when you need to lose for a QB haha

Well we're headed to the playoffs for the millionth time while your teams sits on its a** looking in fir the millionth time so I would say our FOs over the years are WAY smarter then yours the its hard to find bigger * then the browns you win when you need to lose for a QB haha

Well we'll have to see the year play out.  Last I checked, playoffs haven't been determined yet.  Clearly it would take a lot for the Colts not to make the playoffs but did you watch your team play this past week? 

Andrew is absolutely the real deal and will be for the next decade and beyond and I would love to have that guy and would love to have the Colts current record but, for this week, and for the balance of the year, I wouldn't trade teams.  Watching the Browns this year has been like watching three completely different teams because of the injury to Hoyer, the crap play from Weeden (during both stints) and the resurgence of Jason Campbell.  With that said, the Browns team playing right now, is the best of the three and if they can beat Cinci on the road this week, I like our chances of winning the division with the Jags coming up and two games against the Steelers.  I think you will see better play from the Browns than the Colts over this next 7-game stretch.

The Colts will make the playoffs, almost regardless of what takes place the next 7 weeks and the Browns will have to fight for every inch to sneak in but I just like our teams makeup and momentum going into this last stretch more than the Colts.  Don't be so quick to presume the Browns won't make it this year.

Regarding the front office, what has the Colt's front office done other than ride Peyton's coat tails for years and sucking for Luck (the next Peyton Manning).  The front office of the Browns has just newly been established and I think we have a solid chance of making the playoff's in their first year and tell me what decision(s) they've made that don't make sense? The old front office regimes are gone and they are obviously gone for a reason.  What does that have to do with this one?  The only link between our current front offices is the trade of Trent for a first round pick. I feel pretty good about that move for the Browns.  Our previous regime was dumb enough to draft him but this one found someone dumb enough to give up a 2014 first round pick for a guy that wasn't worth more than a 5th or 6th...although many of you will argue about that for quite some time, while excusing his on-field play just like we did.

You seem upset there little fella. You upset?

Who's the *?

Make it to the playoffs bud and get with me. The dog pound is nothing but a bunch of chuwawahs snipping at the heal

Ok ill start, Richardson will pay off. As seen yesterday, Barry Sanders or Adrian Peterson couldn't run behind that line.

The way I see it, is he can be as good as Marshawn Lynch, 1. Because he was traded mid season and 2 they both break tackles. Just give him the ball more.

I still like the move and the timing of the trade was impeccable. The team had just come off a loss to the Phins ( I was there)..had lost Ballard, Thomas and Allen. The trade injected life into a subdued locker room and they promptly went out and stomped the 49ers. Losing Bradshaw was huge. A 1,2,3 punch of Bradshaw, TR and DB would have been hard to contend with despite the interior line issues.

OT-does anyone know when a new forum member (me) can start new discussions? Im a former RATS board survivor  :)  Thanks

Make it to the playoffs bud and get with me. The dog pound is nothing but a bunch of chuwawahs snipping at the heal

That's your comeback? At least come with something that has some substance.  I think you have forgotten about that draft because it was pretty much unanimous he was a first round talent going into that draft and if we hadn't drafted him someone would have.  Now fast forward a year and many were disappointed with Trent in Cleveland because he didn't show that he should have been drafted that high...probably shouldn't have been drafted in the 1st round and yet we still somehow got a 1st round pick for him, regardless of where that pick ends up being its still a first.

So in light of that...let me know how you guys end up this year in comparison to last year when you didn't have Trent...because as I see it we haven't missed a beat without him.  Bottom line is their are a lot of excuses for Trent here as there was over on the Browns boards (stacking the box, play calling, O-line, etc)  The one difference is everyone placed the blame on the fact that we had no QB to threaten the defense so they just keyed on Trent.  Well you guys have a damn good QB in Luck but yet Trent's results are the same or worse here.

I'll admit I was shocked/* when I first heard of the trade because like many figured he was going to turn the corner and maybe he still will but it just doesn't seem that way.  Hopefully for you guys he does

Ok ill start, Richardson will pay off. As seen yesterday, Barry Sanders or Adrian Peterson couldn't run behind that line.

The way I see it, is he can be as good as Marshawn Lynch, 1. Because he was traded mid season and 2 they both break tackles. Just give him the ball more.

This. I support T Rich and although my patience can run thin with him at times, I feel like we cannot yet make a fair assessment of him as a player with such a terrible O-line. Listening to 1070 the Fan, they were saying that Donald Thomas' injury may have been the biggest blow of the season (yes, even over Reggie's injury). 5 of our first 6, we rushed for over 100 yards. The past two games, something like 87 yards COMBINED.

Bottom line, give T Rich some time.

You seem upset there little fella. You upset?

I don't think he's upset,he's just stating facts. But I would like to state some facts

Last time in postseason:

Browns: 2002

Colts: 2012

Position in conference:

Browns: 9th

Colts: 3rd

Quarterback:

Browns: Hoyer/Weeden/Campbell (God knows who's next)

Colts:Luck

I could go on but we know it just means the colts are gonna come out better every time :P

Why do Browns fans feel the need to come to a Colts message board to bash one of their former players and Colts management for trading for Richardson? That is just sad. If Colts fans want to be optimistic about Richardson, myself included, then let them. I by no means want Browns fans to leave the board, but I think deep down these Browns fans are still worried that their owner/GM or whoever made the wrong decision when they let Trent go, and to help their nerves are here to say "I told you so!" while they still can without looking silly. There certainly hasn't been too much for Browns fans to be happy about over the years.

Maybe Richardson ends up being a bust. He certainly has underperformed this season-- but by no means is that positively indicative of possible future success. He definitely has the physical tools. Whether or not the Browns made the right move is yet to be seen, and it is premature to suggest otherwise.

That's your comeback? At least come with something that has some substance. I think you have forgotten about that draft because it was pretty much unanimous he was a first round talent going into that draft and if we hadn't drafted him someone would have. Now fast forward a year and many were disappointed with Trent in Cleveland because he didn't show that he should have been drafted that high...probably shouldn't have been drafted in the 1st round and yet we still somehow got a 1st round pick for him, regardless of where that pick ends up being its still a first.

So in light of that...let me know how you guys end up this year in comparison to last year when you didn't have Trent...because as I see it we haven't missed a beat without him. Bottom line is their are a lot of excuses for Trent here as there was over on the Browns boards (stacking the box, play calling, O-line, etc) The one difference is everyone placed the blame on the fact that we had no QB to threaten the defense so they just keyed on Trent. Well you guys have a damn good QB in Luck but yet Trent's results are the same or worse here.

I'll admit I was shocked/* when I first heard of the trade because like many figured he was going to turn the corner and maybe he still will but it just doesn't seem that way. Hopefully for you guys he does

Substance? I'm not the one on your board beat my chest that we won some trade. It constantly knocking the guy we have up in the trade. Maybe you haven't i. General but I wasn't quoting you.

I hope he works out for us. Hope you get a good pick out of it. But I don't need to be hoping on the forum to read how horrible he is. Get that enough from our fans.

I don't think he's upset,he's just stating facts. But I would like to state some facts

Last time in postseason:

Browns: 2002

Colts: 2012

Position in conference:

Browns: 9th

Colts: 3rd

Quarterback:

I could go on but we know it just means the colts are gonna come out better every time :P

In all fairness our previous FOs have pretty much sucked since '99...and you won't really find many if any at all that will disagree among Browns fans lol. 

I think what BpG was saying was the tone about it, guess its ok to not be civil on these boards?  Also its not really fact yet that the Browns will be looking in from the outside at the playoffs as that is yet to be determined...the same goes for the Colts making it though it would take a pretty drastic meltdown at this point for them not to make it if you ask me.

Why do Browns fans feel the need to come to a Colts message board to bash one of their former players and Colts management for trading for Richardson? That is just sad. If Colts fans want to be optimistic about Richardson, myself included, then let them. I by no means want Browns fans to leave the board, but I think deep down these Browns fans are still worried that their owner/GM or whoever made the wrong decision when they let Trent go, and to help their nerves are here to say "I told you so!" while they still can without looking silly. There certainly hasn't been too much for Browns fans to be happy about over the years.

Maybe Richardson ends up being a bust. He certainly has underperformed this season-- but by no means is that positively indicative of possible future success. He definitely has the physical tools. Whether or not the Browns made the right move is yet to be seen, and it is premature to suggest otherwise.

Colts fans see glass as half full

Browns fans see glass as 2/3 empty

Well we'll have to see the year play out. Last I checked, playoffs haven't been determined yet. Clearly it would take a lot for the Colts not to make the playoffs but did you watch your team play this past week?

Andrew is absolutely the real deal and will be for the next decade and beyond and I would love to have that guy and would love to have the Colts current record but, for this week, and for the balance of the year, I wouldn't trade teams. Watching the Browns this year has been like watching three completely different teams because of the injury to Hoyer, the crap play from Weeden (during both stints) and the resurgence of Jason Campbell. With that said, the Browns team playing right now, is the best of the three and if they can beat Cinci on the road this week, I like our chances of winning the division with the Jags coming up and two games against the Steelers. I think you will see better play from the Browns than the Colts over this next 7-game stretch.

The Colts will make the playoffs, almost regardless of what takes place the next 7 weeks and the Browns will have to fight for every inch to sneak in but I just like our teams makeup and momentum going into this last stretch more than the Colts. Don't be so quick to presume the Browns won't make it this year.

Regarding the front office, what has the Colt's front office done other than ride Peyton's coat tails for years and sucking for Luck (the next Peyton Manning). The front office of the Browns has just newly been established and I think we have a solid chance of making the playoff's in their first year and tell me what decision(s) they've made that don't make sense? The old front office regimes are gone and they are obviously gone for a reason. What does that have to do with this one? The only link between our current front offices is the trade of Trent for a first round pick. I feel pretty good about that move for the Browns. Our previous regime was dumb enough to draft him but this one found someone dumb enough to give up a 2014 first round pick for a guy that wasn't worth more than a 5th or 6th...although many of you will argue about that for quite some time, while excusing his on-field play just like we did.

I get wat your saying I was just replying to the guy cause he is a obvious troll and he only shows up to be a smart a** and I really hope the browns turn it around your fans have been threw a lot but I just can't tolerate trolls for very long they * me off and I basically just went off on him most browns fans are actually quite nice and I enjoy talking with them cause they are pretty pleasant even tho they have been bad for so long and I have respect for them but the guy I was replying to is just a smart a** troll and he annoys me

This will be Tents night, along with the offensive line that will protect Luck all game and we bounce back with a commanding victory.

34-10 Colts

Andrew Luck

22/30. 2 TDS

Trent Richardson

20 carries for 205 yards and 2 TDS

Time to make our statement that the AFC South is won.

This will be Tents night, along with the offensive line that will protect Luck all game and we bounce back with a commanding victory.

34-10 Colts

Andrew Luck

22/30. 2 TDS

Trent Richardson

20 carries for 205 yards and 2 TDS

Time to make our statement that the AFC South is won.

Oh if Trent did this I would cry with JOY haha

If they pick a bust with our pick, we'll see who gets the last laugh. 

Oh, if the Browns pick a bust, the Colts get the pick back?

No.

Who the Browns draft with that pick has no bearing on whether or not they got the better end of the trade.

Quarterback:

Um, you just may want to check out how statistically close that combination of QBs is to Luck right now.

Ahh, the weekly "Trent's going to be awesome this week" thread. Then later on, when he has yet another terrible game, we'll get the excuse threads. Wonder what the excuses will be this week? Already looking forward to next weeks "Trent's huge breakout game" thread.

Loved the way Luck quickly defended TPoor in the post-game interview. Did the commentator think Luck would agree with the comment that the Colts play better when Donald Brown is playing -- even if it is obvious. Poor Trent. He didn't look very happy at the end of the game. He has to know he's a bust.

This article talks about the Colts saying they would trade for TRich again and I also notice that Edge is mentoring him and he's going through a lot with the transition. So it sounds like TRich is not 100 percent comfortable with the trade. Also for the record not sure if this post belongs with the pinned topic on TRich

Here is the link

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000281651/article/colts-wed-trade-for-trent-richardson-again