Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The **OFFICIAL** Time to Bench Players Thread

bap1331

I don't care how much money we paid them or how many draft picks we gave up. We need to bench:

Satele

DHB

Trent

They are killing us. If we had Bradshaw, Reggie, and Ballard we would probably be undefeated right now.

Sorry but it's my birthday and they just ruined my day...

I don't care how much money we paid them or how many draft picks we gave up. We need to bench:

Satele

DHB

Trent

They are killing us. If we had Bradshaw, Reggie, and Ballard we would probably be undefeated right now.

When they earn it, they will get another chance

Satele

DHB

Trent

Don't let something like this ruin your day....... Quit watching the game and do something productive if it brothers you that much. Again, not trying to insult you, but this shouldn't be ruining your Bday.

Trent Richardson has not had a chance to succeed here. You can't expect a player to do well when there is a defender in his grill as soon as he takes a handoff! We CANNOT block that STUPID pitch! Someone needs to tell Pep this is NOT COLLEGE! That does not work in the NFL, the linebackers are too fast.

He has been a non-factor in the passing game really until today. They finally got him involved and he looked capable.

I would put McGlynn at center and put Linkenbach at right guard. I am guess Khaled Holmes is out for the year with his perpetually injured ankle. I am so happy that we passed on guys like David Bahktiari and Jordan Mills in the draft to take Thornton and Hughes. Thornton constantly appears overwhelmed as he is constantly getting beat and Holmes may never see the field.

Trent Richardson has not had a chance to succeed here. You can't expect a player to do well when there is a defender in his grill as soon as he takes a handoff! We CANNOT block that STUPID pitch! Someone needs to tell Pep this is NOT COLLEGE! That does not work in the NFL, the linebackers are too fast.

He has been a non-factor in the passing game really until today. They finally got him involved and he looked capable.

I would put McGlynn at center and put Linkenbach at right guard. I am guess Khaled Holmes is out for the year with his perpetually injured ankle. I am so happy that we passed on guys like David Bahktiari and Jordan Mills in the draft to take Thornton and Hughes. Thornton constantly appears overwhelmed as he is constantly getting beat and Holmes may never see the field.

OL is just absolutely atrocious, they didn't even give Andrew a chance to succeed today.  Even when he has time he over throws players probably because he's shocked haha.   "Wow I have time, I don't know what to do!"

We put Brown in today and he didn't get anything when he came in early for Trent.  That tells me Trent isn't all to blame for the rushing woos.  I think we need to start using him more in the passing game like several have called for here and the announcers were saying on the broadcast today.  Find ways to get the ball in his hands and have good things happen and let him build some confidence that will translate to the running game some what.

DHB I am over him at this point although he made his share of catches today.  Of my issues today he would be near the bottom.

Satele.  If we had someone better I think we would put them in.  That's problem I don't think we do.  His backup isn't even dressing for games right now.  With that said as much as people want issues with the o-line to be all his and McGlynn's fault it's not.  Thornton missed a couple of big blocks today and Castonzo was just owned by Quinn today.  So I don't think benching Satele would fix things.  Heck McGlynn even hurt his thumb at one point and came out and they put Link and Link still couldn't block.  So it's not just on Satele and McGlynn.  Like I said at the start of the year the goal for this line was progress.  The good news is that till today GC and Castonzo have been very solid at tackle.  Thornton looks like a promising rookie to me.  That's less holes than we have had in the past.  We still need some help but I just don't think we have all the horses yet to call the o-line a finished project and judge them as such.

My own personal benching would be Reed.  Well unless the Colts see something in him at WR at this point (which he has been playing).  In fact I would just flat out release him.  We can't keep giving up 10 to 15 yards on kickoff returns.  If he can't figure out he has to start taking a knee get someone back there who can.

We put Brown in today and he didn't get anything when he came in early for Trent.  That tells me Trent isn't all to blame for the rushing woos.  I think we need to start using him more in the passing game like several have called for here and the announcers were saying on the broadcast today.  Find ways to get the ball in his hands and have good things happen and let him build some confidence that will translate to the running game some what.

DHB I am over him at this point although he made his share of catches today.  Of my issues today he would be near the bottom.

Satele.  If we had someone better I think we would put them in.  That's problem I don't think we do.  His backup isn't even dressing for games right now.  With that said as much as people want issues with the o-line to be all his and McGlynn's fault it's not.  Thornton missed a couple of big blocks today and Castonzo was just owned by Quinn today.  So I don't think benching Satele would fix things.  Heck McGlynn even hurt his thumb at one point and came out and they put Link and Link still couldn't block.  So it's not just on Satele and McGlynn.  Like I said at the start of the year the goal for this line was progress.  The good news is that till today GC and Castonzo have been very solid at tackle.  Thornton looks like a promising rookie to me.  That's less holes than we have had in the past.  We still need some help but I just don't think we have all the horses yet to call the o-line a finished project and judge them as such.

My own personal benching would be Reed.  Well unless the Colts see something in him at WR at this point (which he has been playing).  In fact I would just flat out release him.  We can't keep giving up 10 to 15 yards on kickoff returns.  If he can't figure out he has to start taking a knee get someone back there who can.

Brown had all of 2 rushes......He did however have 5 catches for 64 yards and a td

Satele

DHB

Trent

'Bradshaw, Reggie, Ballard'... AND Allen, Thomas... AND a few guys on D.

More than those three need to be benched. It is humorous listening to die hard fans on here that ignorantly try to say its only one game and only a few players,and think we really are a good team still. No good playoff or super bowl teams play like this,that includes having to play from behind constantly. Good teams play steady,beat teams they should while playing good at the same time,and play good teams tough(we do sometimes),and are consistent in all three phases.

Satele

DHB

Trent

Happy Birthday!  :D

Satele

DHB

Trent

Any given Sunday... Let's all learn from it, including me and you, so...

...don't let it ruin your day.  Happy Birthday to my fellow Colts fan!

More than those three need to be benched. It is humorous listening to die hard fans on here that ignorantly try to say its only one game and only a few players,and think we really are a good team still. No good playoff or super bowl teams play like this,that includes having to play from behind constantly. Good teams play steady,beat teams they should while playing good at the same time,and play good teams tough(we do sometimes),and are consistent in all three phases.

Tell that to the wild card 8-8 giants team. Or heck, the ravens last year?

What About Reed.....  all season he takes a kick, 5-7 yds or more deep in the end zone and runs it out.  We then start at the 10 yd line or less...  WHY?  Has he ever shown he can return one all the way, maybe even mid-field occasionally...?  NO, so take a knee and quit handcuffing the offense before they even get on the field.  I know the kick return is an offensive play and opportunity, but not this returner, not 10 yds deep.  It was so obvious this game because they go to kick off so many times, but he has done this all season...  don't the coaches even see this or care?  BENCH or CUT Reed.....

That TOTALLY describes the Ravens and Giants Super Bowl teams