Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagano said that the league informed him that the fumble recovery should not have been overturned.

Dustin

I don't understand why people think the process of the catch ends when he slides out of bounds. He was still sliding across the turf and therefore still in the process if catching the football. He had to maintain control throughout the WHOLE PROCESS which he didn't. It seems pretty cut and dry to me.

None of the penalties called against them make up for that 10 or 14 point swing (missed fumble recovery call).

It was just a poorly officiated game and unfortunately the Colts were the ones getting the bad calls. It happens but I think the NFL should inform those referees it was a poorly officiated game so they can get better.

I would love for the league to adopt a policy where the referees would have to do a post game press conference.  Make these guys more accountable for their mistakes too.  Do you really think the players and coaches want to face a media grilling after a tough game?  I'd bet they would pass on it if they could, but they can't because the league says they have to.  Make the refs do the same thing.  Three days later... why bother

Yeah, our leader and offensive playcaller collapsed. Then his stand-in decided to run the injured runningback instead of letting Case be Case. If we had managed the clock better at the end we would be possibly be talking game winning or game tying drive. Oh well.

Yeah , that exactly how Pagano manages a game with a big lead. Often makes for the opposition closing the gap. But anyway , thanks for the excuse for our loss to the Ravans last year. 

Also if there was more time left , it's possible the Colts throw the ball in their last possession...no ?

Yeah , that exactly how Pagano manages a game with a big lead. Often makes for the opposition closing the gap. But anyway , thanks for the excuse for our loss to the Ravans last year.

Also if there was more time left , it's possible the Colts throw the ball in their last possession...no ?

If you want to use the Ravens game as an example go ahead, but you guys still got a huge win against us with Pagano on the sideline, and he was there in the playoffs even without Arians. As far as the clock goes, if you think Andy would've scored in 15 seconds or so, sure, you could look at it that way.

If you want to use the Ravens game as an example go ahead, but you guys still got a huge win against us with Pagano on the sideline, and he was there in the playoffs even without Arians. As far as the clock goes, if you think Andy would've scored in 15 seconds or so, sure, you could look at it that way.

I'm was assuming you meant better clock management earlier in the game . Must be you mean if they made better use of their 50 seconds with no time outs ? IMO what killed you guys there was bad special team play resulting in poor field position. 

No... I didn't say the Colts would have time to come back and score again.That would be pretty stupid. What I meant is that if there was more time left on the clock when they had their last possession , they may not have run the ball 3 times and punted from their 15 yard line.

A

I'm was assuming you meant better clock management earlier in the game . Must be you mean if they made better use of their 50 seconds with no time outs ? IMO what killed you guys there was bad special team play resulting in poor field position.

No... I didn't say the Colts would have time to come back and score again.That would be pretty stupid. What I meant is that if there was more time left on the clock when they had their last possession , they may not have run the ball 3 times and punted from their 15 yard line.

A

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I would think they would be going for the first in either case but that's beside the point I guess lol

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I would think they would be going for the first in either case but that's beside the point I guess lol

I agree that they should have made a better effort to put the game away with that possession. A minute is plenty of time when you are punting from your 15 yard line up 3.

IMO.. Pagano is a horrible coach when it comes to game decisions. You are a young guy. Someday you will see a nerdy guy on the sidelines making those kinds of decisions. 

I agree that they should have made a better effort to put the game away with that possession. A minute is plenty of time when you are punting from your 15 yard line up 3.

IMO.. Pagano is a horrible coach when it comes to game decisions. You are a young guy. Someday you will see a nerdy guy on the sidelines making those kinds of decisions.

Well he did something right. Yall won.

Think they will call and say that pass interference actually should have been called?

Because it means something after the fact lol.

That call turned the game around.  If it stands the Colts are inside the 20 probably looking for points down only 14-0. The next play was the return.  I am tired of what feels like every big questionable call going against the Colts and yes I know they miss some the other way too but it sure seems like they miss some really big obvious ones against the Colts in key situations.  I want something done to start holding these official accountable in terms of them being fined game checks or missing games or even being fired as a result.  I have a feeling if you start seeing that you will start seeing a lot less bad calls. 

With that said credit to the Rams they totally destroyed the Colts today and in no way do I think the Refs cost us that game.  Their call might have turned the game but frankly there was nothing to suggest the Colts would have been able to take advantage of that situation had they gotten it.  However, just because they didn't cost us the game doesn't mean I have to be okay with these officials sub par performance.