Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Seeing How Much The Colts Suck Without Manning Just ________.

BoltWalt

Seeing how much the Colts Suck without Manning just makes you wonder how many rings they'd win with even HALF of a decent team.

(After all, the only time we had a half decent team was the 2006 playoffs when the D showed up for four weeks all season. Thankfully, it was the playoffs. LOOK WHAT HAPPENED! In spite of still having no special teams to speak of and an OK coach!)

Edited by Moose Of Woe

I don't know about most people on this board but I'm not the least bit surprised by how this season is going. As soon as I knew Manning wasn't starting the season I be a guy at work the Colts will draft in the top 5. I could have made it the top 3 and still been safe.

they don't look amazingly bad without peyton, but they do look like they're throwing games away

blown lead vs kc, then getting back in the game vs cincy only to literally throw the game away while down a fg

the only game i saw of indy's where they looked like complete crap was game 1 vs texans

Seeing how much the Colts suck without Manning just..............shows that when you build a team around one player, you are building a house of cards.

The sad part is, if we had just put in place a decent secondary unit, we wouldn't be 0-6. This secondary is pathetic, and we let go of a decent corner in Tyron under dubious circumstance and Hayden due to cost effectiveness. We kept Lacey in despite even the most dull of fans knew he was inept.

We've had this approach like we don't need a viable back-up QB, we don't need free-agent acquisitions and we don't need to hire coaches for their qualifications, rather we pick them for their relationships with the higher-ups. The UDFA philosophy has had its moments, but inevitably the gamble has left us with inept losers across the board.

I agree with Cain Marko about not being surprised at all about our record. Once I knew Peyton was out, I knew it was lights out. Polian has been exposed. In utter desperation, he signs Kerry Collins. This is not the work of a genius. It's a good thing JaMarcus isn't answering his phone, or we might have had him....and I'm only half-joking about that. Peyton has carried this team for a decade. They literally should name the MVP trophy.....the Manning trophy, for the MVP of the league........

Peyton being the MVP is absolutely true. But that being said that doesn't mean the rest of this team doesn't have any talent. The O-line was starting to show some signs of life, as well as the D-line, but the injury bug is back. The linebackers have improved in my opinion. The running backs look pretty good. I've seen a few too many dropped passes (come on Clark), but the receivers are solid. The defensive backs are weak. There is now way to hide that. So that leaves what amounts to a rookie QB in his first real NFL starts in a difficult offense to run. How many rookie QBs in the NFL win lots of games? How many did Manning win his first year?

I see a team that needs to find one more defensive stop per game (prevent one of the opponent's scores) and an offensive that needs to put up one more score per game.

I guess my point is like many coaches say - you aren't as good as you think when you win and you aren't as bad as you think when you lose.

But Peyton is the man and with him we are probably 5-1 right now and looking for another 12 win season.

What it shows is how irresponsible we've been with our team for the last 12 or so years.

Agreed. Like how many more SB we should have won in the Manning era. Sadly, Manning will almost certainly be "coulda been the GOAT, but with only one SB, isn't..." I don't feel worry for him, though, since he should have been bellowing more at Tweetie-Pie and Na-Polian - he had power he didn't use....

according to Colts fans you should have written...

Seeing how much the Colts Suck without Manning just proves how bad of a head coach Caldwell is.

We're all Colts fans here - you're the first to say that tired old phrase. Give it a rest, please ....

I see a team that needs to find one more defensive stop per game (prevent one of the opponent's scores) and an offensive that needs to put up one more score per game.

I guess my point is like many coaches say - you aren't as good as you think when you win and you aren't as bad as you think when you lose.

But Peyton is the man and with him we are probably 5-1 right now and looking for another 12 win season.

As a great coach once said " you are what your record says you are " :hmm:

As a great coach once said " you are what your record says you are " :hmm:

True - this is a team built around getting a lead and then using the "bend but don't break" speedy defense. So there is a lot of importance on scoring points and getting a lead. And this team lost the MVP of the decade.

Pretty tough to overcome.