Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Delone Carter (Merge)

Dtman513

Cleary Brown hasn't lived up to expectations and I have been disappointed, but declaring Brown a goner after he outperformed Carter last week is, quite frankly, a joke.

I have been disappointed with him as well. I wasn't trying to label him a "goner" I made it more of a food for thought topic

Actually, Donald Brown made Donald Brown expendable.

QFT.

Donald's overall play is what made him expendable. Had he played up to his potential he would have made JA expendable and he would have been our main back, but he has been horribly inconsistent.

I have been very harsh on DB, but I think our OC is not putting him in the best possible position. Why not try more screens, draws, and tosses to try and get him into space? He was running with speed and determination yesterday. Sometimes I feel our offense just tries to pound that round peg into a square hole over and over again instead of trying to put players in the position they will succeed.

Edited by Thewholefnshow28

QFT.

Donald's overall play is what made him expendable. Had he played up to his potential he would have made JA expendable and he would have been our main back, but he has been horribly inconsistent.

I have been very harsh on DB, but I think our OC is not putting him in the best possible position. Why not turn more screens, draws, and tosses to try and get him into space? He was running with speed and determination yesterday. Sometimes I feel our offense just tries to pound that round peg into a square hole over and over again instead of trying to put players in the position they will succeed.

Exactly!!! That's what I figured they would do with him when they drafted him.

Donald brown isnt going anywhere, addai will be gone before he does... donald is only 24 so he has a good 4-6 yrs left in him or even more... its kinda weird that carter is as old as brown yet he's still a rookie... but neither backs a prone to fumble and they are both good they complement each other.... Addai on the other hand does nothing great, Brown is the back thats explosive and can take it to the outiside, where as the colts have their pounder in carter.

Donald brown isnt going anywhere, addai will be gone before he does... donald is only 24 so he has a good 4-6 yrs left in him or even more... its kinda weird that carter is as old as brown yet he's still a rookie... but neither backs a prone to fumble and they are both good they complement each other.... Addai on the other hand does nothing great, Brown is the back thats explosive and can take it to the outiside, where as the colts have their pounder in carter.

I liked the mix Sunday......they have to throw the ball to Brown a half dozen times a game

..and Carter needs to play near the goal line.

Curtis Painter cant be QB sneaking..

you are right..Its not either/or.....and you've got to have 3 running backs...

If Addai was gon be gone before Brown, why did they resign him to a new deal o_0 Why Donald only got playing time & saw his first action yesterday because Addai was hurt? You say Addai does nothing great rotfl Im sure he's the best blocking RB in the NFL. Could of been Super Bowl MVP twice! Been to the Pro Bowl. He has to be doing something great if you can get the greatest QB ever to ask you please resign back with the Colts bekause we need you! Doesn't sound like #18 thinks the same way you think about Brown. Browns so explosive that he's the 3rd string RB & got beat out of his backup role to a 4th round rookie RB. You must watch that Jacksonville game from last season every Sunday if you believe in Brown. Sorry to tell you but Donald won't be a Colt next year! You probably think Orlovsky is the best QB on the roster huh.. Smh

I don't know why some people diss on Addai, he's a good catching, blocking and a solid running back who rarely fumbles. The guy is averaging 4.4 YPC and has had a pretty good year besides for the fact he's injured again. My only problem with him is his questionable durability.

I agree that Donald Brown has not lived up to the hype he had but i put this out there is it that Brown is really bad or is it that the O-line in recent years has not run blocked very well.in the last few years. I am not saying Brown is th answer to our running game but i wonder if we as fans are giving him a fair chance. this team has lots of problems that were covered up by Manning and now we are seeing those problms magnified with Manning not playing.

Yes! His great play has been Brown on the chopping block. He's the ideal backup for any team... look at Lendale White for the 08 Titans, or Brandon Jacobs for the Giants... big guys are perfect backups. Donald Brown is not that fast or very strong... he had every opportunity to do well last year and he screwed it up.

why not kepp brown and carter. i dont see what addai does so well. caters can be a guy you give the ball to 20 to 25 times a game and beat down the defense. Then donald is a explosive back, the only back we have that can break a long run at any time.we havent had a back like that in a very long time. So why is addai needed

has anybody been very good running the ball for the colts in the last 5 years. All i know is that donald brown has a hundred yard game in the last couple years, and is there anyone else who has had one.And his 100 yard game came with under 20 carries.can we get an o-line or actually care about running the ball 25 or more times a game til we say a running back isnt very good

If Addai was gon be gone before Brown, why did they resign him to a new deal o_0 Why Donald only got playing time & saw his first action yesterday because Addai was hurt? You say Addai does nothing great rotfl Im sure he's the best blocking RB in the NFL. Could of been Super Bowl MVP twice! Been to the Pro Bowl. He has to be doing something great if you can get the greatest QB ever to ask you please resign back with the Colts bekause we need you! Doesn't sound like #18 thinks the same way you think about Brown. Browns so explosive that he's the 3rd string RB & got beat out of his backup role to a 4th round rookie RB. You must watch that Jacksonville game from last season every Sunday if you believe in Brown. Sorry to tell you but Donald won't be a Colt next year! You probably think Orlovsky is the best QB on the roster huh.. Smh

No denying the colts lost some faith in Brown, the main reason addai is back because of his blocking skills... And you are obviously mad mate, I could name plenty of backs that are better in pass blocking than addai.. MJD, steven jackson, matt forte..... And 2 superbowl mvps? addai had 13 carries for 77yds and 1TD... thats not mvp worthy AT ALL....

Like i said before Donald Brown is 24 a 1st round pick of the colts and he is only getting better... when was the last time addai actually had a 1000yd season? Donald is only getting better and that is evident when you watch the games this season. Idk what makes you think he wont be a colt next year.. not only does he know the system but he is getting better at it, Addai is not getting younger and next year he's gonna be 29.. chances are addai is gonna be gone before Brown..

Im guessing you havent been on this forum for long if you think i believe Dan-O is the best QB the colts have.

No denying the colts lost some faith in Brown, the main reason addai is back because of his blocking skills... And you are obviously mad mate, I could name plenty of backs that are better in pass blocking than addai.. MJD, steven jackson, matt forte..... And 2 superbowl mvps? addai had 13 carries for 77yds and 1TD... thats not mvp worthy AT ALL....

Like i said before Donald Brown is 24 a 1st round pick of the colts and he is only getting better... when was the last time addai actually had a 1000yd season? Donald is only getting better and that is evident when you watch the games this season. Idk what makes you think he wont be a colt next year.. not only does he know the system but he is getting better at it, Addai is not getting younger and next year he's gonna be 29.. chances are addai is gonna be gone before Brown..

Im guessing you havent been on this forum for long if you think i believe Dan-O is the best QB the colts have.

No I'm not mad at all, just expressing my opinion like everyone else. I doubt very seriously if those backs are a better blocking RB than Addai is but thats just my opinion & other commentators have pointed that out! Again he should of got Super Bowl MVP.. He had 19 carries for 77 yards but he also set a NFL Super Bowl Record by a RB with 10 catches for 66 yards, & 2nd Super Bowl he had 13 carries for 77 yards 1td & 7 catches for 58 yards.. So you saying those stats wasn't Super Bowl worthy o_0 The last time he had a 1,000 yards was when we had a good line & wasn't subbing a different starter in every week. If you have watched the same Offense I have been watching you know this is a pass first Offense & a 2 back system which means he are any other back here won't get 20 carries or more. The carries will be split, so what other RB's in the league thats sharing carries with his backup & getting less then 20 carries a game gained a 1,000 yards? Yes Donald Brown is younger but how long do you think the Colts gonna wait for him to come around? How can you say he's only getting better when a 4th round Rookie came in & beat him for his backup role? That don't sound like he's getting better. Then you say watch the games this season its evident.. How, First play he came in at RB he almost got Painter planted 6 feet deep. Lol Then on Sunday against the Bengals, every 3rd down they taking him out & putting DC in, that just says he still cant pick up a block, So again I ask how is he getting better? I'm not saying Addai is the greatest thing that happen to the Colts but Brown being better then him is laughable! If the greatest QB ever to touch a football doesn't feel comfortable with you in the game, who does? I can just picture Peyton being healthy & playing, with Donald in the game blocking on a pass play. rotfl

Edited by TeamAddaiOrGoDie

What game were you watching? The game I was watching Brown ran better than Carter.

Oh, that's right, I forgot many on this forum are blinded by their hate for Brown.

Legacy, keen analysis of Brown's skill or lack thereof is not hate. I don't know him. If I did, I might think he is a great guy. I hope he proves me wrong, but at this point, it doesn't appear he is going to be a successful NFL RB.

My Aunt Minnie would make Brown expendable. She has good size, but not much speed and she is old.

Legacy, keen analysis of Brown's skill or lack thereof is not hate. I don't know him. If I did, I might think he is a great guy. I hope he proves me wrong, but at this point, it doesn't appear he is going to be a successful NFL RB.

Did you really just post that back to back? That is rich!

To answer the question of the OP, no. Brown YPC 5.6, Carter YPC 3.1. Carter has 5 times as many carries, still only one TD. Brown has been way more efficient, not to mention he's number one on the depth chart now. Brown was averaging 7 YPC against the number one defense in the league, but everybody's hero Carter could barely get out of the backfield.

And please stop with the cherry picked YouTube vids. There are videos of Peyton screaming at Jeff Saturday as well, does that mean we should replace him too?

What game were you watching? The game I was watching Brown ran better than Carter.

Oh, that's right, I forgot many on this forum are blinded by their hate for Brown.

Oh, the old "blind hate for brown" theory... Almost as illogical as the magic bullet theory, but I digress...

Who said brown is expendable? Polian spent pretty much all of his show last night talking about how great he is and how he had always been right in picking him...

Oh, the old "blind hate for brown" theory... Almost as illogical as the magic bullet theory, but I digress...

Who said brown is expendable? Polian spent pretty much all of his show last night talking about how great he is and how he had always been right in picking him...

Ha! Says the guy who fabricates a negative play by Brown vs. the Bengals rather than point out a positve.

I know Brown's lack of production is frustrating, but I just don't understand why that makes it so hard for many here to acknowledge when Brown actually does play well. Against the Bengals, Brown looked much stronger running than Carter, yet we have a thread right after the game asking if Brown is expendable, as if Carter tore it up while Brown was tripping over the grass.

ColtsLegacy, agreed. He did do well last game. He improved from last year, which is what you hope to see. Now he didnt do as well as expected out of the gate, but this year he has shown improvement every time he has been given a chance.

Thats coming from a guy who thought he should have been released at the beginning of the season too...though I didnt see him at TC either, and am no great talent evaluator, so maybe its worthless.

Also, Smitto. Addai does nothing great? Really? Have you seen other backs do everything he does? No one can do what Addai does as well as he does it. Im pretty sure that means he is great at what he does.

No he isnt a top running back based on yards, but when it comes to the Colts, there is no-one that could replace him right now.

Pass blocking, picking up blitzes, catching out of the backfield, etc.

Donald is getting better? haha, he's the worst former first round draft RB in the league.

IMO Brown just doesn't play well on stretch plays where he has to find the hole in the zone blocking. He seems to run better between the lineman in more of a north-south style where the play is designed to open a specific hole and that's where he's supposed to hit. That or a sweep play that is specifically designed to go to the outside. Personally I've never been a fan of the zone blocking and stretch play. If you don't have just the right back then it doesn't work well.

Hopefully the Colts will continue to draft and bring in bigger, stronger OL and they can switch more to a downhill type running style. I think that would really help both Brown and Carter.

No I'm not mad at all, just expressing my opinion like everyone else. I doubt very seriously if those backs are a better blocking RB than Addai is but thats just my opinion & other commentators have pointed that out! Again he should of got Super Bowl MVP.. He had 19 carries for 77 yards but he also set a NFL Super Bowl Record by a RB with 10 catches for 66 yards, & 2nd Super Bowl he had 13 carries for 77 yards 1td & 7 catches for 58 yards.. So you saying those stats wasn't Super Bowl worthy o_0 The last time he had a 1,000 yards was when we had a good line & wasn't subbing a different starter in every week. If you have watched the same Offense I have been watching you know this is a pass first Offense & a 2 back system which means he are any other back here won't get 20 carries or more. The carries will be split, so what other RB's in the league thats sharing carries with his backup & getting less then 20 carries a game gained a 1,000 yards? Yes Donald Brown is younger but how long do you think the Colts gonna wait for him to come around? How can you say he's only getting better when a 4th round Rookie came in & beat him for his backup role? That don't sound like he's getting better. Then you say watch the games this season its evident.. How, First play he came in at RB he almost got Painter planted 6 feet deep. Lol Then on Sunday against the Bengals, every 3rd down they taking him out & putting DC in, that just says he still cant pick up a block, So again I ask how is he getting better? I'm not saying Addai is the greatest thing that happen to the Colts but Brown being better then him is laughable! If the greatest QB ever to touch a football doesn't feel comfortable with you in the game, who does? I can just picture Peyton being healthy & playing, with Donald in the game blocking on a pass play. rotfl

+1

Cleary Brown hasn't lived up to expectations and I have been disappointed, but declaring Brown a goner after he outperformed Carter last week is, quite frankly, a joke.

you must have missed the last few season where he has 1 good game all year. I am not down on brown but overall carter has done betther this year then brown has when they have both played and it pains me to say this because i actually had high hopes for brown but untill he can atleast be consistent I believe he is expendable, a former first round draft pick sitting third on the depth chart is sad

you must have missed the last few season where he has 1 good game all year. I am not down on brown but overall carter has done betther this year then brown has when they have both played and it pains me to say this because i actually had high hopes for brown but untill he can atleast be consistent I believe he is expendable, a former first round draft pick sitting third on the depth chart is sad

No he hasn't, he has actually done considerably worse. Carter's a rookie and I expect him to get better but the reality is, to this point (this year), Brown has done more with his opportunities and the stats certainly reflect that.

There is a reason why Joe was resigned, Peyton himself said on sportscenter he needed him, that should speak volumes. Addai is a better pass catcher, blocker and runner although he is injury prone. Donald Brown does posses explosiveness but is very inconsistent. Thats the problem. It really doenst matter if Brown is younger it speaks volumes to me how a rookie was placed infront of him, that tells me that the coaching staff has little faith in him. This is what I will say, if brown doesnt do something drastic and show hes better than Carter this year I dont think he will be resigned. Remember Evans is breathing down Browns neck for playing time as well.

There is a reason why Joe was resigned, Peyton himself said on sportscenter he needed him, that should speak volumes. Addai is a better pass catcher, blocker and runner although he is injury prone. Donald Brown does posses explosiveness but is very inconsistent. Thats the problem. It really doenst matter if Brown is younger it speaks volumes to me how a rookie was placed infront of him, that tells me that the coaching staff has little faith in him. This is what I will say, if brown doesnt do something drastic and show hes better than Carter this year I dont think he will be resigned. Remember Evans is breathing down Browns neck for playing time as well.

Addai is a better blocker and thats it, imo brown is right up there when it comes to receiving and better at running the ball than addai. I think if Brown was in a more run oriented offense where he didnt have to stay in a block and all that stuff he would most likely be the starter for that team because the guy is that good.

And on the case where the colts put carter infront of him means nothing to me ie.. colts releasing tommie harris, justin tryon, brining in a retired veteran QB, and leaving lacey in as the starter after his horrible games... so whoever is making those decisions needs to get evaluated themselves...

Now that addai is out colts fans will see more of brown and they'll pretty much see how good of a back the guy is.

Addai is a better blocker and thats it, imo brown is right up there when it comes to receiving and better at running the ball than addai. I think if Brown was in a more run oriented offense where he didnt have to stay in a block and all that stuff he would most likely be the starter for that team because the guy is that good.

And on the case where the colts put carter infront of him means nothing to me ie.. colts releasing tommie harris, justin tryon, brining in a retired veteran QB, and leaving lacey in as the starter after his horrible games... so whoever is making those decisions needs to get evaluated themselves...

Now that addai is out colts fans will see more of brown and they'll pretty much see how good of a back the guy is.

Come on now.. Really Smitto? Just say you like Donald better then Joe because you are blind to the fact that Joe is better then Donald. No matter what offense or team it is Joe will still be better. What do you think Joe would do if he was in a more run oriented offense? Remember he gained 1,000 rushing yards with a mediocre O-line. Just think if he had the Jets or Texans O-line with a blocking fullback, he would put up a 1,000 every year. No matter what offense Donald in, he still wont know how to block and the linemen will have to make all the holes for him to run through or he will hesitate like he has done the past 2 years here. Other then that Jacksonville game last year, when has Donald had a game where us as the fans could say ''Donald really went out there and went beast mode today''? Like when Joe had 100 something rushing and 100 something receiving against the Pats or even the Redskins game last year. Donald has 6 career touchdowns in three years, Joe got 4 in 1 half but he's better then Joe rotfl. We talking about two 1st rounders here.. Donald's a nice guy but he's the number 3 on the depth chart for a reason.