Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

patsallday

Brady/belichick Tie Marino/shula At 116 Wins, Most Ever

I've been hearing all day the offense looked horrible. A good defense will shut down a good offense.

Can we give credit to the Dallas defense? Getting in front of the underneath stuff even. Not much over their heads? We also ran the ball well and last I checked that is offense also.

I've been hearing all day the offense looked horrible. A good defense will shut down a good offense.

Can we give credit to the Dallas defense? Getting in front of the underneath stuff even. Not much over their heads? We also ran the ball well and last I checked that is offense also.

turning the ball over 3 times, twice inside their 40, will qualify as bad offense in anyone's book.

yes dallas gets credit for good defense. rob always has a good plan against us. ware is a beast.

tom's int to lee was a horrible decision. yes i know his arm got touched as he threw it, but hernandez was triple covered. throw it away and live another day.

thats an impressive feat

turning the ball over 3 times, twice inside their 40, will qualify as bad offense in anyone's book.

yes dallas gets credit for good defense. rob always has a good plan against us. ware is a beast.

tom's int to lee was a horrible decision. yes i know his arm got touched as he threw it, but hernandez was triple covered. throw it away and live another day.

Like I said..a good defense will create turnovers..just as we did.

On the hernazndez INT..I can't tell if the defender actually hit Brady's arm as he was throwing. Again..good defense. Tom is getting so good at threading it's no question he'll push it and with that comes more ints. Are you looking for the best INT QB or wins. They did win by making more plays. 3rd down conversions.

As to Branch...please..every patriot player will say that after a game unless they are a 100% perfect. What did you think he'd say.."we were awesome" I just watch the games,comments and stats aside, and the offense played well against a good defense.

The Dallas defender stripped the ball from Hernandez but when we strip the ball its good defense and not bad offense by the other team?

Both teams played extremely well and once again BB's saying comes true...it comes down to playing 58 minutes for the RIGHT to make the plays late in the game. We did just that.

very impressive

also kudos to Rob Ryan he did a good job but unforunately the defense didnt show up when it mattered the most

116 wins as a QB-coach combo. That's impressive. Consider how the franchise record for a head coach (not with any specific QB, which makes it easier to attain) for the Bengals is 64.

Pats defense worried me in this game, but they played a lot better than I expected. Their run defense was terriffic, especially late when it mattered most. Brady was also Brady when it mattered most. I was worried about the offense turning it over again.

What's more impressive IMO is that Brady and Belichick hit the 116 mark to tie Marino and Shula but they did it with 35 fewer losses than the Dolphins' pair.

It could have probably been rivaled if Dungy had not retired, IMO and we had the Dungy/Manning duo going on :). Thats a fair extrapolation.

It could have probably been rivaled if Dungy had not retired, IMO and we had the Dungy/Manning duo going on :). Thats a fair extrapolation.

and if marino played till he was 60 and shula never retired, brady/belichick wouldn't even be close to those guys.

i'm into extrapolations too.

as it is so often with dous, be it QB/WR, QB/HC, QB/team or any other stats, it helps to be together for a long time . . . and it is nice to look at the overall stats and then an extrapolated stats of other great dous/stats . . . it just helps that BB/TB have been together for 9 seasons of TB under center . . .

John Madden and Ken Stabler were a great dou also . . .

If Peyton wasn't out this year, and the Colts losing only to the Texans. Which I believe the Colts would be 5-1 with Peyton this year. Tony and Peyton would have 115 wins regular season wins or 124 total wins (I don't know if this record accounts for post season wins) . Although that isn't the case.

Congratulations to Tom and Bill for this outstanding achievement.

EDIT: I didn't account for the season Tom was injured, so it wasn't one season fewer.

as it is so often with dous, be it QB/WR, QB/HC, QB/team or any other stats, it helps to be together for a long time . . . and it is nice to look at the overall stats and then an extrapolated stats of other great dous/stats . . . it just helps that BB/TB have been together for 9 seasons of TB under center . . .

John Madden and Ken Stabler were a great dou also . . .

Yep, true. It might make sense to do an average wins per season for coaches and QBs that have been together for a few years as a metric too, that should give you a better sense of how they fared with the changing demographic of the supporting cast. Just not sure what would be a minimum number of years together - 5, 6, or 7???

What's more impressive IMO is that Brady and Belichick hit the 116 mark to tie Marino and Shula but they did it with 35 fewer losses than the Dolphins' pair.

Dolphins were always 10-6 or 11-5 it seems like