Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone Remember This?

BlueShoe

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, November 1, 2013 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, November 1, 2013 - personal argument

I'm sorry but i don't care who it is or how many times I have seen it but when someone gets blown up, it never gets old.  Never, not to mention when its a QB that is blowing someone up its even better, then on top of all of that he's our QB.

To the bolded part, the title of the thread is "anyone remember this" which would let the average person know that it has been something that has already happened.  Hence its probably been hashed out so don't try and belittle the thread with  your "yawn" perhaps you should be more cognizant and not open a thread that has been posted already.

And stop getting all snarky because you got put in check by the mods.  If you don't like the thread stay out of it.

Sorry mods, I can understand if I get a warning, but I don't appreciate when people try to belittle others because they don't like the topic and feel the need to be snarky and condescending.

I think the same sentiment can be stated of you. You are also free to ignore my post if you didn't like what I had to say; just as the OP could have done. Clearly, you don't posses that control you speak of. It really make it terribly difficult to take advice from you, sorry. It was rather obvious that the poster Corgi didn't like my post, but then made a reference to my username in jest; I simply took that and started quoting movie lines, which the poster appreciated. That was somehow lost in translation causing the OP to go off the deep end as noted by a from-left-field remark about driving away 'negative' fans and then something about my supposed misery, at which point it was clear that the OP was either trolling me or nowhere close to the plane of discussion when he quoted Corgi and myself. That's the beauty of a written discussion.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the same sentiment can be stated of you. You are also free to ignore my post if you didn't like what I had to say; just as the OP could have done. Clearly, you don't posses that control you speak of. It really make it terribly difficult to take advice from you, sorry. It was rather obvious that the poster Corgi didn't like my post, but then made a reference to my username in jest; I simply took that and started quoting movie lines, which the poster appreciated. That was somehow lost in translation causing the OP to go off the deep end as noted by a from-left-field remark about driving away 'negative' fans and then something about my supposed misery, at which point it was clear that the OP was either trolling me or nowhere close to the plane of discussion when he quoted Corgi and myself. That's the beauty of a written discussion.

again your trying to be contentious and start an argument.  Believe me, after I am done with this post you will be added to my ignore list. I wasn't offering advice to you, I was simply telling you to read and use logical thinking before clicking onto a thread that you said "been posted numerous times, yawn"  As to what you were talking about with Corgi, I wasn't speaking on that.  re-read my post, think about it, then re-read it again because if you would pay attention to what I was saying, you wouldn't be bringing up parts of the conversation in which I said nothing about.  It seems to me that you are on here trying to troll because you were trying to be cute with your yawn statement, then you got caught, put on blast for it and now are trying to pick a fight with whomever you can, if that is your mo, good for you, but you wont last long here

Lastly, I don't like people being belittled, or made to feel ignorant for something they may have posted.  So I will speak up about it.  If you don't like it, don't put yourself in a situation where your gonna have people calling you out for your comments.

Bringing this back on topic;

Andrew's hit was great but does anyone remember this hit from awhile ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPv1oONVkjI

Again, sorry mods I promise i'm done with this thread

Lastly, I don't like people being belittled, or made to feel ignorant for something they may have posted.  So I will speak up about it.  If you don't like it, don't put yourself in a situation where your gonna have people calling you out for your comments.

Then where are your comments blasting the OP for supporting the systematic suppression and expulsion of fans with dissenting opinions (ie: 'negative' fans)? Driving away 'negative' fans because you don't like their outlook is not a responsible comment and should not be tolerated. Clearly, you do tolerate it and support the OP's quest to belittle and force out dissenters that don't tow the line in order to bring more that do!

Dude,

You can stop the victim act. 

I already told you that we can agree to disagree. I took the high road and you could have easily have let it end there; yet you still continue to throw punches at everyone who disagrees with you.

He had some real great hits last year too. I want someone to make a highlight real of all his hits. Every time was crazy good for a QB. For anyone really. Off the top of my head the only one I can think of is that chase down he had against the Lions and save a TD that got turned into a FG. 

Dude,

You can stop the victim act. 

I already told you that we can agree to disagree. I took the high road and you could have easily have let it end there; yet you still continue to throw punches at everyone who disagrees with you.

I really don't think it's possibly to agree to disagree on the systematic oppression of a type of fan. It is discrimination; there is no high road with discrimination. All fans, even those whose opinions you don't like, should not be propositioned to be 'gotten rid of'.

It's not my fault that other posters are so enraged that they have to try to belittle me and negative fans in the process. They even admitted they're possibly overstepping their boundaries as posters to go out and give me and 'negative' fans a lashing; yet, you appreciated the comment that someone else wanted to continue 'throwing punches'...ie: a proxy war.

I really don't think it's possibly to agree to disagree on the systematic oppression of a type of fan. It is discrimination.

Posting on a message board is not a right; it is a privilege that we earn based on our conduct in our posts. Furthermore; our conduct towards others is how our reputation is formulated by other Colts fans who are members here. 

You have got to be joking with this oppression and discrimination stuff. That is just way over the top man.

Posting on a message board is not a right; it is a privilege that we earn based on our conduct in our posts. Furthermore; our conduct towards others is how our reputation is formulated by other Colts fans who are members here. 

I don't see how being a 'negative' fan and containing a dissenting opinion is at all in violation of any privileges. And yet, they are wanted to be driven away. Really, I just want you to admit that you were wrong to say that.

I really don't think it's possibly to agree to disagree on the systematic oppression of a type of fan. It is discrimination; there is no high road with discrimination. All fans, even those whose opinions you don't like, should not be propositioned to be 'gotten rid of'.

It's not my fault that other posters are so enraged that they have to try to belittle me and negative fans in the process. They even admitted they're possibly overstepping their boundaries as posters to go out and give me and 'negative' fans a lashing; yet, you appreciated the comment that someone else wanted to continue 'throwing punches'...ie: a proxy war.

Seriously? The discrimination card over fandom disagreements? Why are we feeding the blatant troll?

I don't see how being a 'negative' fan and containing a dissenting opinion is at all in violation of any privileges. And yet, they are wanted to be driven away.

Because this thread quickly turned into a personal attack and did not contain any substance. My guess is that several people read our comments and turned you in for the personal attacks. I took the high road and walked away from the conversation while you continued to pick a fight with another poster. After I walked away, you continued to throw punches at myself and at others.

Right now, I can only assume that you are perceived by other members as someone who is looking for a fight.

Because this thread quickly turned into a personal attack and did not contain any substance. My guess is that several people read our comments and turned you in for the personal attacks. I took the high road and walked away from the conversation while you continued to pick a fight with another poster. After I walked away, you continued to throw punches at myself and at others.

Right now, I can only assume that you are perceived by other members as someone who is looking for a fight.

I don't really see connecting any of that to what you quoted. Let me ask you again: how is being a 'negative' fan and containing a dissenting opinion worthy of being 'gotten rid of'? Was that really the best use of words?

I don't really see connecting any of that to what you quoted. Let me ask you again: how is being a 'negative' fan and containing a dissenting opinion worthy of being 'gotten rid of'?

Brother, if you can't figure out how to fit in with others then there is nothing I can say that will help you understand it.

As far as I can tell, no one has "gotten rid" of you yet; but it would not surprise me if that is indeed the path you are seeking.

Brother, if you can't figure out how to fit in with others then there is nothing I can say that will help you understand it.

As far as I can tell, no one has "gotten rid" of you yet; but it would not surprise me if that is indeed the path you are seeking.

We're not here to 'fit in'. This is a message board where someone posts a topic and others post responses. It could be in agreement or a dissenting/negative opinion. I still don't see any remorse for making a statement that 'negative' fans should be gotten rid of.

We're not here to 'fit in'. This is a message board where someone posts a topic and others post responses. It could be in agreement or a dissenting/negative opinion. I still don't see any remorse for making a statement that 'negative' fans should be gotten rid of.

Stick around long enough and you will see plenty of disagreements and opinions.

Stick around long enough and you will see plenty of disagreements and opinions.

Considering I've been here 6+ months before you, I don't really consider any of that relevant. Are you remorseful for saying that 'negative' fans should be gotten rid of?

Wow, Mr. Negative...maybe everyone on here doesn't see every single post ever??

Still love this clip. This is a big part of why I am so glad the Colts went with Luck...he's build like a Mac truck!

McAfee* truck

Considering I've been here 6+ months before you, I don't really consider any of that relevant. Are you remorseful for saying that 'negative' fans should be gotten rid of?

Not that it matters, but I have been on Colts message boards since 1996, in the early days of the Indy Star Colts board. I remember when Colts.com setup its first board too, and the platform has changed several times over the years. I was around the 20th person to sign up. Am I remorseful for saying that I would rather have positive Colts fans here than negative fans? Not one bit. After 17+ years of talking Colts football on these boards, I would rather live without the negativity. 

Not that it matters, but I have been on Colts message boards since 1996, in the early days of the Indy Star Colts board. I remember when Colts.com setup its first board too, and the platform has changed several times over the years. I was around the 20th person to sign up. Am I remorseful for saying that I would rather have positive Colts fans here than negative fans? Not one bit. After 17+ years of talking Colts football on these boards, I would rather live without the negativity. 

You twisted the statement.  I didn't ask you if you would rather have 'positive' fans here. I asked if you were remorseful for suggesting that if a fan has a negative opinion then they should be 'gotten rid of'. Please, actually answer the question.

This thread was closed to clean up a personal arguement.

I'm now reopening it in the hopes that further posts will stay on topic.

Also, if you don't like a thread because you think something is old news; there is a simple option . . . just ignore the thread and move on rather than ruining it for others for whom the topic may not be old news. 

Thank You shecolt    as a newbie I started a thread on the anniversary of 18 leaving the team only to find out from those who live here 24-7 that it had been talked about & that my thread was a waste of time there replies & pictures of displeasure for the topic made it a short lived thread .

just ignore the thread and move on rather than ruining it for others for whom the topic may not be old news.

This is good advice something you would expect to be common sense to most adults .

I remember watching 12 make that hit all I can say is wow a QB dishing snotbubbles how awesome . :thmup:

Yeah I remember you and a few others from the original board. I was Colts4Lyfe. Phil was the mod and Jj was just a crazy NE fan ;) after countless times hoping around I have up reregistering. Just popped on and read all the hoopla.

You twisted the statement. I didn't ask you if you would rather have 'positive' fans here. I asked if you were remorseful for suggesting that if a fan has a negative opinion then they should be 'gotten rid of'. Please, actually answer the question.

Well reading negative fans contant bashing of the players, team and owner is yawn and makes me want to give them the ol face punch ;) but that's just me. I like to settle my arguments with some good old fisticuffs ;)

Yeah I remember you and a few others from the original board. I was Colts4Lyfe. Phil was the mod and Jj was just a crazy NE fan ;) after countless times hoping around I have up reregistering. Just popped on and read all the hoopla.

I wish folks who were here before kept their names so I'd know them. So Hello colts4Lyfe. You mean Phil and I had some big debates ;)

Now I'll probably forget New Era was colts4lyfe but at least I'll know I know you. Something like that :)

and Blueshoe- yeah he's an ancient figure here ;)

As to the argument here- it takes one to not reply and it stops. Yeah the guy you're arguing with will get the last word but that's how these end.

Actually when Phil and I argued (tho we were actually friends) he'd say in his last post you can have the last word.

I wish folks who were here before kept their names so I'd know them. So Hello colts4Lyfe. You mean Phil and I had some big debates ;)

Now I'll probably forget New Era was colts4lyfe but at least I'll know I know you. Something like that :)

and Blueshoe- yeah he's an ancient figure here ;)

Yeah it was good times. That and making fun of Rob Morris's t-Rex arms. There was another NE guy who you and him posted all the time. Forgot his name.

Btw, I tried to keep my name and wouldn't let me for some reason. Good to see you're still around though.

Yeah it was good times. That and making fun of Rob Morris's t-Rex arms. There was another NE guy who you and him posted all the time. Forgot his name.

Btw, I tried to keep my name and wouldn't let me for some reason. Good to see you're still around though.

That would be Krafty. Short for Kraftysonofbob

Yeah Phil was the only defender of Rob Morris. I actually backed him up on that one.

btw do you want your old name back? I can check to see if possible.

Don't hate, appreciate.

I was actually at that game where Luck lowered the boom on Wright....

Good times!    Good memories!

That was quite a blast!      I suspect it will stand the test of time for best hits delivered by a quarterback!       :thmup:

That is a pretty sweet video. It's like a great song on the radio. It never loses it's magic no matter how much time passes by.  :hat:

I just don't wanna see my franchise QB do that very often. Maybe once or twice a season max. Great hit worthy of a mean LB man!  :worthy:

You twisted the statement. I didn't ask you if you would rather have 'positive' fans here. I asked if you were remorseful for suggesting that if a fan has a negative opinion then they should be 'gotten rid of'. Please, actually answer the question.

I didn't twist anything and I cannot be more blunt.

I am not remorseful one bit that I believe this board would be much better off without negative people. Why should I be?

I have a few questions for you.

Are you remorseful that you picked the wrong battle and made your first reply in this thread when you could have easily ignored it? Are you remorseful that you have not made one friend in the time you have spent fighting with anyone who quotes you. Are you remorseful for having the point of view that you do, especially since not one person has your back?

As to the argument here- it takes one to not reply and it stops. Yeah the guy you're arguing with will get the last word but that's how these end.

Actually when Phil and I argued (tho we were actually friends) he'd say in his last post you can have the last word.

I did walk away. You are right that walking away usually ends things; however,  the dude just kept arguing with everyone (including moderators) and then throwing me back into it. This may be a real cry for attention from the dude. Every time anyone else attempted to calm the dude down; he just started swinging on 'em.

There were several posts deleted where he went off on a binge. 

Yeah Phil was the only defender of Rob Morris. I actually backed him up on that one.

Yeah when he came back and we out him at slb he actually made a huge difference.

Krafty! That was him, he used to crack me up. Got into some good ones.

Sure, if it's possible I wouldn't mind switching back.

New Era and JJ,

I was always neutral on Rob Morris, because of several reasons. Most fans had too high of expectations for him, expecting the next Ray Lewis when we drafted him. He got hurt and knee injuries take some time to come back from. We did not have a dominate DT and Rob Morris suffered from that. We even saw what happened to Ray Lewis once year when he did not have a dominate DT, during this same span.

Now, Rob was never going to be the next Ray Lewis, but he was "serviceable". Remember how big of a deal that everyone made it when Bill Polian said that?

I agree. Morris played extremely well at SLB.

On a side note; I sat next to Rob's wife at training camp one year. Sat next to Tony Dungy's father one year too. Good times. :)

I didn't twist anything and I cannot be more blunt.

I am not remorseful one bit that I believe this board would be much better off without negative people. Why should I be?

I have a few questions for you.

Are you remorseful that you picked the wrong battle and made your first reply in this thread when you could have easily ignored it? Are you remorseful that you have not made one friend in the time you have spent fighting with anyone who quotes you. Are you remorseful for having the point of view that you do, especially since not one person has your back?

Again, you're not inferring the question correctly. By saying gotten rid of you clearly decree your intention on forcefully removing fans whose opinions you don't like. Thankfully, you're not a moderator so you cannot enact your plan.

Clearly you're not remembering the insults you threw at me. I see that you're playing coy and innocent here but the mods have the post and I have screen captures.

Let's recap:

It was YOU who took offense to a shoe-horned in movie quote (which is still there), and then spouted off some gobbldygook about wanted to remove people whose opinions you don't like.

Again, you're not inferring the question correctly. By saying gotten rid of you clearly decree your intention on forcefully removing fans whose opinions you don't like. Thankfully, you're not a moderator so you cannot enact your plan.

Clearly you're not remembering the insults you threw at me. I see that you're playing coy and innocent here but the mods have the post and I have screen captures.

Give it up already. Your 15 minutes are up so just accept it. No one here is taking you serious man.

Now back to our regular scheduled programming. 

Well reading negative fans contant bashing of the players, team and owner is yawn and makes me want to give them the ol face punch ;) but that's just me. I like to settle my arguments with some good old fisticuffs ;)

I have no problems leaving you like a weaker, more whiny version of JJ Watt agains the Seahawks.  ;)

Give it up already. Your 15 minutes are up so just accept it. No one here is taking you serious man.

Now back to our regular scheduled programming. 

You can choose the ignore me. Modern forum software has that feature standard. Since you haven't and you keep replying, clearly you're taking me seriously. Otherwise, why would you spend the effort to reply? It's simply another attempt to insult and demean me.

That is a pretty sweet video. It's like a great song on the radio. It never loses it's magic no matter how much time passes by.  :hat:

I just don't wanna see my franchise QB do that very often. Maybe once or twice a season max. Great hit worthy of a mean LB man!  :worthy:

It is amazing to think that if Luck did not have an NFL arm that he might have had the ability to play LB in the NFL. That is the true definition of athlete.

You can choose the ignore me. Modern forum software has that feature standard. Since you haven't and you keep replying, clearly you're taking me seriously. Otherwise, why would you spend the effort to reply? It's simply another attempt to insult and demean me.

It is impossible to take you seriously. Good luck hunting for your next fight.

Go Colts! 

It is impossible to take you seriously. Good luck hunting for your next fight.

Go Colts! 

Clearly you can't not reply, as you've show, and nor can you ignore my posts. Clearly you don't want to end it until you have the last word. Perhaps you're incapable to setting the ignore function on the forum? i'm sure someone will help you out.