Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cch's Colts Mock Draft

Tell me what you think of my draft. I posted it in another thread a while back, but decided to make a new thread for it. :)

Round 1: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford (A lot of people don't want to draft Andrew Luck, but I think we need to. Peyton Manning will come back next year, but no one's sure if he'll be the same or how long he has left. Honestly, I think he has no more than 3 years left. We'd all love to see Peyton play forever, but that can't happen. Andrew Luck is going to be the next Aaron Rodgers, and picking him will assure us we won't have any crappy seasons like this one in the Post-Manning Era.)

Round 2: Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama (He's going to slip to us because of his character issues, but he is a top 15 talent.)

Round 3: T.Y. Hilton, WR/KR, Florida International University (This kid is absolutely ridiculous. I think he is one of the most underrated WRs in this draft. Anthony Gonzalez is as good as gone, and Reggie is getting older. Hilton is going to make an impact from day 1.)

Round 4: Kheeston Randall, DT, Texas (He's 6-5 305lbs and just what the doctor ordered for our defensive line.)

Round 5: James Wilson, OG, Florida (With Ryan Diem nearing the end of his career we need a big OG and James Wilson fits the bill)

Round 6: Marcus Forston, DT, Miami (FL) (Would have been a 1st or 2nd round pick, but his knee injury is going to hurt his stock greatly. Great steal in the 6th round.)

Round 7: Trevor Robinson, OG, Notre Dame (See James Wilson.)

Tell me what you think of my draft. I posted it in another thread a while back, but decided to make a new thread for it. :)

Round 1: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford (A lot of people don't want to draft Andrew Luck, but I think we need to. Peyton Manning will come back next year, but no one's sure if he'll be the same or how long he has left. Honestly, I think he has no more than 3 years left. We'd all love to see Peyton play forever, but that can't happen. Andrew Luck is going to be the next Aaron Rodgers, and picking him will assure us we won't have any crappy seasons like this one in the Post-Manning Era.)

Rodgers was a 24th pick, had virtually no hype, and cost the Packers very little while he waited. So Luck has NOTHING in common with Rodgers. Also, the Packers had a great team in place for Aaron, and yet he still missed the playoffs the season he came in.

Finally, Luck "assures" nothing. No one coming out of college assures anything. Wide Receivers projected to be top 10 picks are about as close to predictable as it comes, and even that's not a sure thing.

Rodgers was a 24th pick, had virtually no hype, and cost the Packers very little while he waited. So Luck has NOTHING in common with Rodgers. Also, the Packers had a great team in place for Aaron, and yet he still missed the playoffs the season he came in.

Finally, Luck "assures" nothing. No one coming out of college assures anything. Wide Receivers projected to be top 10 picks are about as close to predictable as it comes, and even that's not a sure thing.

I meant as in the Packers drafting a QB in the 1st round when they had a aging Hall of Fame QB already, and being very successful when that HoF QB retired.

And no, Andrew Luck doesn't assure us a great QB, but there is an extremely high possibility that Andrew Luck is successful in the NFL.

Randall has been struggling, would also like to have a SS (Ray Ray Armstrong) and You didn't put Travis Benjamin over Hilton. I'd i wouldn't mind having Laron Byrd in the seventh.

Ray Ray Armstrong is good, but he'll probably be gone by the 3rd round. I think TY Hilton is better than Travis Benjamin and Laron Byrd, and almost all the Hurricanes WR's have had drop problems. Hilton to me seems like the best option.

Round 2: Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama (He's going to slip to us because of his character issues, but he is a top 15 talent.)

Round 3: T.Y. Hilton, WR/KR, Florida International University (This kid is absolutely ridiculous. I think he is one of the most underrated WRs in this draft. Anthony Gonzalez is as good as gone, and Reggie is getting older. Hilton is going to make an impact from day 1.)

Round 4: Kheeston Randall, DT, Texas (He's 6-5 305lbs and just what the doctor ordered for our defensive line.)

Round 5: James Wilson, OG, Florida (With Ryan Diem nearing the end of his career we need a big OG and James Wilson fits the bill)

Round 6: Marcus Forston, DT, Miami (FL) (Would have been a 1st or 2nd round pick, but his knee injury is going to hurt his stock greatly. Great steal in the 6th round.)

Round 7: Trevor Robinson, OG, Notre Dame (See James Wilson.)

Excellent draft! Don't listen to the few that hate Andrew Luck. He has already been labeled the most sure thing to come out of college by every critic imaginable, even John Madden. It's time to put that argument to rest. The real question is, if we are going to be fortunate enough to get the opportunity to select him over Miami.

Excellent draft! Don't listen to the few that hate Andrew Luck. He has already been labeled the most sure thing to come out of college by every critic imaginable, even John Madden. It's time to put that argument to rest. The real question is, if we are going to be fortunate enough to get the opportunity to select him over Miami.

The argument won't be "put to rest" until Andrew Luck does so himself in the NFL. And we're not just talking about the rookie season; lots of kids have a good initial campaign. It's after about 3 seasons where one can really see if a QB is the real deal. By that time, he will have taken his lumps, opposing teams and coordinators will have film to study from, and he will have had to go through some ups, downs, and the pressure of playing at the professional level. Of course, Luck won't really get to put it to rest for about 6-7 seasons after he's been drafted, because he'll be sitting on the bench in Indianapolis. If he's so talented, that's a giant waste, and we'd be better served trading him to Miami.

And who said anything about hate? Just because the majority of people with some semblance of a brain feel as though it's not the best option for the Colts, doesn't mean we hate Andrew Luck. Given ALL of the circumstances, ALL of the analyses of the current situation, there are just better options for the Colts. It has nothing to do with hate for Luck. He's a good kid, with great collegiate ability, and a lot of potential.

Your argument, I'm afraid, is the one that's been put to rest.

I dont think the colts need to draft a QB Curtis painter is playing great the only way the colts will have to draft Luck is if there defense continuse to play like that the colts defense need to force some turnovers to get the ball back for painter BUT I HOPE THE COLTS KEEP THE GAMES TITE AND LOSE 15 GAMES TO GET THE 1SR PICK IN THE THE DRAFT THEN THIS IS WHAT I WOULD LOVE TO SEE IN THE DRAFT.

Here's what I'd really love to see happen, and while it may not be likely to happen, it's possible. We get the #1 overall and trade it to a top 5 pick team (Mia, Sea, or whoever) in return for their 2012 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 2013 1st and 3rd. Then we trade the top 5 pick we got from that trade to the Browns (since they'll likely be looking to snag a top notch receiver like Jeffery or Blackmon) in return for their two 2012 1st round picks (which should be approx. a 10-15 pick and a 17-25 pick. Then we could trade our 2013 1st and 3rd round picks (since we'd still have Mia's 2013 1st and 3rd) for another mid to late round pick in 2012, which would give us: three 1st round picks, two in the 2nd, two in the 3rd, and our 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks (which we could also potentially use to move up for a somewhat higher pick, potentially another 3rd rounder). That would be sweet!

As much as I would like love to get Andrew Luck, I don't think we will be the #1 pick in the 2012 draft. If we are, I think we have to seriously consider trading down for a boat-load of picks...most importantly a future 1st round pick in 2013 or 2014...we need that pick to get our future QB about 2-3 years before Manning retires. This means that the team we trade to needs to be more than just a good QB away from being a playoff team. I think Cleveland, Miami, or Seattle (in that order) would be our safest bet. Given what Julio Jones commanded in the 2011 draft I think....

The Colts trade their #1 Pick in the 2012 draft for Miami's:

2012 1st round pick,

2012 2nd round pick

2013 2nd round pick

2014 1st round pick

Now this is pure speculation at this point because nobody knows what's going to happen this season, this draft, or next year but it's when your team sucks...speculation is the only thing left to enjoy.

Edited by Bleedin Blue