Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lamar Miller

I know it's not our biggest need, but Addai gets hurt every year it seems, Brown will be gone, Carter and Evans are up in the air what they can produce. Miller can get a touchdown with any carry. Just saying it would be nice to have a weapon like that.

Those are fair points, but all of those guys have shown decent ability (Addai, exceptional), despite not having Manning to draw attention away from the line.

And again, it just doesn't make sense to take an RB that high with the other holes in our team.

I agree with Doogan, RB's are a dime a dozen and IMO should never be a high priorty in the draft. Here's the thing, you can take pretty much NFL RB and stick him behind a quality O-line and they will be very productive, but if you take a great RB and put him behind a crappy O-line he won't be worth a penny. RB is the most overrated posistion in all of sports.

I agree with Doogan, RB's are a dime a dozen and IMO should never be a high priorty in the draft. Here's the thing, you can take pretty much NFL RB and stick him behind a quality O-line and they will be very productive, but if you take a great RB and put him behind a crappy O-line he won't be worth a penny. RB is the most overrated posistion in all of sports.

Mike Shanahan has proven that to be true multiple times. I definitely agree...build a great OL and an average to good RB will more than get the job done.

There is an exception to every rule and the exception to this one was the great Barry Sanders. I was a huge Vikings fan in those days so I hated to watch him torch the Vikes but man he was fun to watch. :) *way off topic I know, but what you said made me think of him so had to give a shout out to one of the all time greats :D*

I was curious so I looked it up, in this past draft there were only 2 RB's taken in the top 50 picks and according to cbssports.com there are only 2 RB's ranked in the top 50 for the 2012 draft. The position has definitely devalued recently.

If they let Brown go and Evans doesn't work out then they may look at RB in a later round. Cyrus Gray would be one to look at and Cierre Wood is another. A little further down are a couple of burners from Florida in Chris Rainey and Jeff Demps. So there are definitely some very good options in the later rounds.

Now that we have a very capable inside power runner in Delone Carter to compliment the more versatile Addai....we need to fortify the OG position with an early round (rds 2/3) draft pick before drafting another RB.

Our rushing attack has suffered due to the lack of O-lineman who can road-grade, when necessary, rather than our RBs lack of ability. And with the exception of LG Jake Scott....long gone in free agency to the Titans, the OG spot has been a revolving door, and that needs to stop.

I'd rather spend our 2nd round pick on a guy like David DeCastro - OG/Stanford than Lamar Miller.

You know me jason. Michael floyd first. Trade back into the first for manti teo. Fourth harrison smith. Fifth cierre wood! Sounds good too me! Gotta love the golden domers!

I wouldn't mind Robert Blanton as a late round pick either to go with the other CB I'm sure we'll draft early. Lot of very good players on the Notre Dame squad that's for sure. :)

I wouldn't mind Robert Blanton as a late round pick either to go with the other CB I'm sure we'll draft early. Lot of very good players on the Notre Dame squad that's for sure. :)

The only guys that I here of from Notre Dame are Michael Floyd and Manti Teo.

Edited by Ramblinwreck7

The only guys that I here of from Notre Dame are Michael Floyd and Manti Teo.

Those are the only 2 Notre Dame players projected to the first round so they're definitely going to get more press. However the other players that have been mentioned, Cierre Wood, Robert Blanton, Harrison Smith etc are all very good players that could wind up being steals in the later rounds of the draft. :)

Those are the only 2 Notre Dame players projected to the first round so they're definitely going to get more press. However the other players that have been mentioned, Cierre Wood, Robert Blanton, Harrison Smith etc are all very good players that could wind up being steals in the later rounds of the draft. :)

Cierre Wood has been very good this year. Harrison is the leader of the secondary and blanton is a pretty decent corner whose not gettin any hype so can be had very late. But of course I'm biased cuz id love to see this team filled with golden domers. I was hoping we woulda drafted golden tate but didnt happen

Now that we have a very capable inside power runner in Delone Carter to compliment the more versatile Addai....we need to fortify the OG position with an early round (rds 2/3) draft pick before drafting another RB.

Our rushing attack has suffered due to the lack of O-lineman who can road-grade, when necessary, rather than our RBs lack of ability. And with the exception of LG Jake Scott....long gone in free agency to the Titans, the OG spot has been a revolving door, and that needs to stop.

I'd rather spend our 2nd round pick on a guy like David DeCastro - OG/Stanford than Lamar Miller.

+1

I, too, hope to bolster the interior of the line to go with our bookends Castonzo and Ijalana.

• 1 month later...