Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Says No Trade

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heyward-Bey and Hilton need to learn how to catch the ball on a regular basis!! Also, our LB corps are BAD!! Especially Angerer!! He blocks himself better then any O-lineman or Rb ever could. THe only tackles he makes is falling on the pile!! Trade for Paul Posluszny or Shawn Lee.... Navro Bowman too! 

Paul Posluszny!!

Paul Posluszny

Paul Posluszny

Trading for Davis would be a horrible idea.

Care to elaborate? Fred Davis in 2011 and 2012 was one of the best TEs in football before his injury. We're talking 1 year ago, not 4 or 5, he was playing at an extremely high level. I find it hard to believe he's lost it all and we're talking a late round pick, none of that "mortgaging the future" crap people love to throw around.

I just don't see the value in Fred Davis. Once DA comes back he's disposable...

You do realize Dwayne Allen is out for the year, correct? You do realize the Colts could use a receiving threat this year, correct? Fred Davis would give us that receiving threat for as cheap as a 6th or 7th rounder. Do you really want to hold on to late round picks so badly that you'd give up a chance to improve this team now, when we are legitimate Super Bowl contenders?

Care to elaborate? Fred Davis in 2011 and 2012 was one of the best TEs in football before his injury. I find it hard to believe he's lost it all and we're talking a late round pick, none of that "mortgaging the future" crap people love to throw around.

You do realize Dwayne Allen is out for the year, correct? You do realize the Colts could use a receiving threat this year, correct? Fred Davis would give us that receiving threat for as cheap as a 6th or 7th rounder. Do you really want to hold on to late round picks so badly that you'd give up a chance to improve this team now, when we are legitimate Super Bowl contenders?

I predict a list of guys who were drafted in the 7th round and turned out to be really good coming your way. For the record I agree with you.

Care to elaborate? Fred Davis in 2011 and 2012 was one of the best TEs in football before his injury. We're talking 1 year ago, not 4 or 5, he was playing at an extremely high level. I find it hard to believe he's lost it all and we're talking a late round pick, none of that "mortgaging the future" crap people love to throw around.

Scheffler is better and a FA.

Scheffler is better and a FA.

So basically you're saying "what have you done for me lately, Fred Davis?" If we get 70% of the Fred Davis from 2011/2012, he's better than Scheffler. Also, Fred Davis' is younger and his ceiling is much higher than Scheffler's (as we've seen).

So can we just chalk up your proclamation of the trade idea being "horrible" as hyperbole?

So basically you're saying "what have you done for me lately, Fred Davis?" If we get 70% of the Fred Davis from 2011/2012, he's better than Scheffler. Also, Fred Davis' is younger and his ceiling is much higher than Scheffler's (as we've seen).

So can we just chalk up your proclamation of the trade idea being "horrible" as hyperbole?

Nope, giving up even a late round pick for a one dimensional TE that has been benched for a rookie is a horrible idea.