Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis (-2) @ Houston

oldunclemark

schwammy....4-4 on the road last year and 7-1 at home

That's exactly what I was saying

3-1 at home....this year 2-1 on the road and one was Jacksonville.

...I agree its understandable..I agree most teasm are...but that's not the issue...this week's game is a road game...and it applies.

I heard a lot of this before the SD game that they weren't much and the Colts should shut them down..

..and had we played them in Indy we might have...

....all Colts fans should be worried about a game at Houston

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....all Colts fans should be worried about a game at Houston

Sorry. Yes they might lose. But I don't expect that to happen, and am not going to waste any energy worrying about it.

This is not a bad road team. This is a young and rapidly improving team that is quickly learning what it takes to survive and thrive despite the loss of several key starters, and to pull out tough wins. The Chargers game was just another good lesson, and I expect to see that the team learned well from it.

Sorry. Yes they might lose. But I don't expect that to happen, and am not going to waste any energy worrying about it.

This is not a bad road team. This is a young and rapidly improving team that is quickly learning what it takes to survive and thrive despite the loss of several key starters, and to pull out tough wins. The Chargers game was just another good lesson, and I expect to see that the team learned well from it.

They don't have to be a bad road team to lose in Houston..

.....they just have to not play as they did against Denver at home

.....I think its significantly tougher to play on the road..especially when you are shorthanded

But I bet nobody calls you a worry wart...CS4!

So hurtful. sniff, sniff

A few times they do. My wife keeps saying, I don't know why you watch the games the way you worry about them and how they effect you. And that's since 1958!! I guess I still have a strong heart I guess. 

A few times they do. My wife keeps saying, I don't know why you watch the games the way you worry about them and how they effect you. And that's since 1958!! I guess I still have a strong heart I guess.

Man, I feel the same way...

...the final minutes before the game...I'm worried about us losing

..about the boys getting hurt...

I dont think I've watched halftime in years......I just get up and walk away

They don't have to be a bad road team to lose in Houston..

.....they just have to not play as they did against Denver at home

.....I think its significantly tougher to play on the road..especially when you are shorthanded

All true. So you should feel free to worry all you want. Just don't tell me I "should". I have no expectations or worries about the Colts losing. If they do, I'm a big boy, and I'll deal with the disappointment... just as I have many time before in the nearly 30 years that I've been a fan.

Ed Reed is awful this year, one of rhe worst safeties in the league, and nowhere near the HoF level he played at Baltimore all those years

Exactly the reason why I kept telling people in the offseason we shouldn't sign him. I'm really glad we didn't because it was obvious to me(and apparently Balt.) that his good days were behind him.

Ed Reed is awful this year, one of rhe worst safeties in the league, and nowhere near the HoF level he played at Baltimore all those years

Sky....awful is an overstatement...not totally hgelathy is closer.

..he's had 2 weeks off

This is a key game....watch him..he comes up big a lot

Sky....awful is an overstatement...not totally hgelathy is closer.

..he's had 2 weeks off

This is a key game....watch him..he comes up big a lot

Not this year. Ed Reed's stat line through 7 games: 14 tackles. Thats it. Hes been a noticeable downgrade from Daniel Manning at safety, and honestly needed to retire with Ray Lewis last year. Hes become old and slow to the ball.

He's not 100%...he hasn't been 100% early in the season for 3 or 4 years....

Dont be fooled.....we've all, watched Ed Reed...he always looks ready for the old folks home in September..

He was old and slow to the ball early last year, too..

... with 2 weeks off..he's they key to this game because Andrew is going to face a heavy rush

Rankings are so slippery..

By what barometer does Houston have the No.1 defense in the NFL?

Scoring, yards allowed..rush yards allowed.....yards per play?

Total yards allowed. They are among the worst in rush yards per game allowed, turnovers, and red zone defense, and are average on 3rd down.

Many so called experts are circling this game as a potential upset.  Colts offense is an unknown quantity minus Reggie.  Texans are desperate as a loss and they can pretty much forget any chance they have in the division this year.  Imo, Old Unc isn't off base at all here.  Should be a tough game either way.

I haven't read any of the responses in this topic yet. I just wanted to say that QB Case Keenum played a fantastic game. Wow! That kid gives the entire Texans franchise a monumental lift. I love the moxy of this kid! Throwing long bombs on third down & connecting with WR Andre Johnson for TDs. JJ Watt was smiling, giddy, & relived that Houston finally had a QB that can actually finish drives. Matt who? LOL! Just Kidding! 

I'm happy for my friends Vance87 & QuizBoy because all you need is about 17 points & then let that swarming defense of Wade Phillips unleash anarchy & chaos...

And there starting there 3'rd string nurse I mean QB ..

101380454952725c3acc2b7-xl.jpeg

I don't know that 3rd string nurse looked pretty darn solid to me. If he keeps moving the ball that smoothly in the next few weeks, Case could turn Houston's mid season around for good. Don't mess with the bull; you might get the horns. True, this is the only real game I have seen Case play in from start to finish, but it was a very impressive debut. He had me worried & I'm not ashamed to admit that either. Case had no fear. He just kept racking up points at will. 

Having said all that. I was pleased that the Colts did not unravel or come apart at the seams & the Colts won the game by just chipping away at the score & securing a W.

I don't know if TY Hilton is Reggie Wayne's replacement & Andrew Luck's security blanket yet, but the resolve & quiet confidence of INDY as a team was simply incredible! :blueshoe:  :worthy: