Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Im expecting Conner to be gone, Coaching staff clearly is trying to find 2 interior ILB's that can cover as well as penetrate, Conner can do 1 of the 2, Freeman can do both although inconsistent, Angerer can do both although inconsistent

based on?

the fact that angerer and connor arent getting resigned with all the other players we have to resign first and they didnt bring mcnary in to stay in the ps.

This is a really good draft for ILB's i think will get one in the 3rd round. Yawin Smallwood ,Andrew Jackson and Max Bullough should all be available. Conner and Angerer are both inconsistent i don't think either will be back.

haha lolololol haha "Smallwood" Maybe if we get him he'll play extremely well and overcompensate for his "deficiencies" . We got Mr. Smallwood, and former president Andrew Jackson in the next draft? One of those young men needs to be in a Colts uni next year. 

Too many red flags and he's a liability in coverage, same with Angerer and Conner. Were better off drafting a ILB to pair with Freeman.

There are a lot of flags and he is a liability. I hope they just stick a Band-Aid over it and fix it later. McClain could still be a star (not likely) and let the Colts get a permanent solution later. I want a big, physically imposing MLB like Patrick Willis or Ray Lewis but those are high first round picks.

haha lolololol haha "Smallwood" Maybe if we get him he'll play extremely well and overcompensate for his "deficiencies" . We got Mr. Smallwood, and former president Andrew Jackson in the next draft? One of those young men needs to be in a Colts uni next year. 

Smallwood is actually a lot like Freeman. He's fast, physical, and is good against the run or pass. Jackson is similar to Brandon Spikes great against run and good in zone but inconsistent in man coverage. It would be a steal if we could get Smallwood in the 3rd.and a lineman in the 2nd.

There are a lot of flags and he is a liability. I hope they just stick a Band-Aid over it and fix it later. McClain could still be a star (not likely) and let the Colts get a permanent solution later. I want a big, physically imposing MLB like Patrick Willis or Ray Lewis but those are high first round picks.

We don't need a Willis or Lewis. Bowman,Wagner, Sean Lee, Donald Butler, Daryl Washington,Alonso were all 2nd and third round picks. Just have to draft one with our 2nd or 3rd round picks.

This is a really good draft for ILB's i think will get one in the 3rd round. Yawin Smallwood ,Andrew Jackson and Max Bullough should all be available. Conner and Angerer are both inconsistent i don't think either will be back.

Lol. the first thing I thought of when i saw andrew jackson, was the president.

We don't need a Willis or Lewis. Bowman,Wagner, Sean Lee, Donald Butler, Daryl Washington,Alonso were all 2nd and third round picks. Just have to draft one with our 2nd or 3rd round picks.

Lol I know we don't need one. I've just always imagined a 49er-esque type defense wearing blue with horseshoes on their helmets. I expect the Colts to continue fielding better defenses that rank towards the top of defensive categories but I doubt they ever become a team whose defense is their identity.

He's starting over Conner and the staff seems to like him.

That's not really saying a whole lot. Freeman is on a whole different level entirely, and the rest are pretty much about the same with the exception of Sheppard who is even worse. So, to say any one of those guys is better than the other isn't saying a whole lot. Angerer may be brought back for depth/ST next year, but I doubt he will ever have a significant role on the team anymore after this year. I look for Justin Hickman to be given another chance if his Lisfranc injury heals completely. I look for the Colts to target a couple ILB's in FA and in the draft, all but ending the Angerer/Conner era in Indy.

I still think Conner is better than Sheppard, and Harvey. I don't understand why Conner is hated so much by the coaching staff. Regardless, ILB depth needs to be addressed soon. 

Angerer is decent against the run, but lacking in pass coverage. Freeman is the man!! 

They are just listed as LB, but hopefully Adongo proves to be worth the time/energy and turns into a beast. Hopefully McNary turns into something as well. 

If one stays, I hope its Conner, but I'm not sure that the staff thinks that way...

Pat was great in the 4-3 (before his injuries) and I'll bet he will tear it up in Chicago (seems to go that way) or somewhere...

Another way to look at him was he was playing with dodoo when he made all those tackles 5 yards down the field as he did and still struggles in pass coverage. But he is clearly better than Harvey or Sheppard.

We need at least 3 more ILB`s to udgrade our D.

We need to go , cb in the second and get a ILb in the 3rd pat is slow , not quick , can't make open field tackles , doesn't make tackles until the guy gains 6-8 yrds , he flat out is bad injurys has made a slow none athletic guy to slow to play at this lv , Conner is better than pat but we must find our ILB of the future in the draft , and hope adongo or mccleary develop into good depth players ,

The Chargers game really exposed our lack of depth and talent at ILB. It's the weakest spot on our defense. I don't know what's going on with Conner, but he's obviously not earning playing time. I'd love to add a stud ILB to ride next to Freeman. Brandon Spikes is a free agent, but I really want someone with a little more athleticism.

The Chargers game really exposed our lack of depth and talent at ILB. It's the weakest spot on our defense. I don't know what's going on with Conner, but he's obviously not earning playing time. I'd love to add a stud ILB to ride next to Freeman. Brandon Spikes is a free agent, but I really want someone with a little more athleticism.

I would like a guy like Brandon Spikes, Dont'a Hightower, Rolando McClain who is a big ILB who eats blockers and stops the run while also allowing Jerrell Freeman to run around and make plays. Our MIKE LB do not keep Freeman clean because offenses don't respect them enough.

I would like a guy like Brandon Spikes, Dont'a Hightower, Rolando McClain who is a big ILB who eats blockers and stops the run while also allowing Jerrell Freeman to run around and make plays. Our MIKE LB do not keep Freeman clean because offenses don't respect them enough.

Yeah, a thumper would really shore up the middle. I'm just weary of guys like that who are liabilities in the passing game (the way Sheppard and Angerer were against the Chargers). It restricts the defense's ability to be multiple. What I would prefer -- and I know this is asking for a whole lot -- is a thumper who can cover. Brian Cushing comes to mind.