Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Okay, So Donald Brown Didnt Do Much

oldunclemark

I would have like to have seen him get 20 touches....maybe 12 carries and eight passes...

we are not a running team.

Nobody's going to get 25 carries. Joe Addai never has.

The Peyton Manning Colts were not a running team. The Curtis Painter Colts should be. That's part of how you set up a young QB to succede. You run the ball and play good defense. I'm not expecting the second part to happen, but I'm holding out hope we can accomplish the first part.

But as to Brown's workload. I agree with you. (I know some of you are shocked right now) He should be getting 20-25 touches. This is his contract year. We need to know what we have and if it's worth keeping. Now is the time to figure that out. It's not like it's going to put a damper on our playoff chances.

The Peyton Manning Colts were not a running team. The Curtis Painter Colts should be. That's part of how you set up a young QB to succede. You run the ball and play good defense. I'm not expecting the second part to happen, but I'm holding out hope we can accomplish the first part.

But as to Brown's workload. I agree with you. (I know some of you are shocked right now) He should be getting 20-25 touches. This is his contract year. We need to know what we have and if it's worth keeping. Now is the time to figure that out. It's not like it's going to put a damper on our playoff chances.

You have to be able to run successfully to be a running team. If the Colts line up and try to run at the opponents they will be unsuccessful and be punting every possession after maybe one first down. At best the Colts can be a 50% run/50% pass team. 60% pass is much more likely. If Costanzo and Ijilana develop maybe in 2013 the Colts can be a 55% run team.

I like Brown....obviously..

but when we were at the goal line before Dalas Clark's TD..

..why wasnt Carter in the game...He's the short yardage guy???

QB sneaks by Curtis wont get it done..

that is playcalling by the coaches plain and simple. another reason why caldwell should get canned

I don't know, maybe more than 30 yards a game consistantly? Is that really so much to ask out of a first round pick in his 3rd year?

Well two good games in a row is an improvement, and those are the only two games he has played. How about applauding that and raising your expectations somewhat, instead of ignoring the positives in favor of finding the ONE way in which his play could be portrayed negatively.

What is the point of complaining about his performance when he has demonstrated a fundamental correction to EVERY individual criticism that has been levied against him. He's been finding holes, getting tough yards up the middle as well or better than the huge back who was drafted for that purpose, blocking effectively, and still getting the occasional big gain to the outside which no other back on the team appears to be capable of making. I'd be willing to bet that the coaching staff is delighted.

He didn't get more yardage because they didn't give him the ball much, not because he failed in any way. And don't forget that he was the number two back in the game. How many carries did you expect the #2 back to get?