Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why I like Luck more than Manning

danlhart87

Both are incredible QBs, The biggest aspect for me is Luck's ability to score points in the final minutes of the half. He's done it multiple times in the year and half he's been with the Colts. He even pulled off a HUGE drive against Denver capping off with a 8 yard TD pass to Fleener.

This is the biggest difference. I grew weary of Manning always taking a knee with 45s left instead of driving for more points. 

I absolutely love that Luck always has his sights set on more points!

Both are incredible QBs, The biggest aspect for me is Luck's ability to score points in the final minutes of the half. He's done it multiple times in the year and half he's been with the Colts. He even pulled off a HUGE drive against Denver capping off with a 8 yard TD pass to Fleener.

This is the biggest difference. I grew weary of Manning always taking a knee with 45s left instead of driving for more points.

Taking a knee is a coaches call, not the qb

He had 1:35 seconds starting from midfield, any team would've went for more points in that situation vs Denver.

And Luck hasn't had any of the drives before halftime with less than a minute remaining and scored points this season as you say.

Other than the Denver game previously noted,

The shortest time this season where he drove for points right before the half was 1:41 left and drove for a Vinateri 52yrd FG(Manning did that in his sleep consistently with that much time),

The only other time was against the Dolphins with 2:42 left before half and Bradshaw scored a TD but the Dolphins came right back with 1:26 left and scored a FG to end the half.

I don't really like one more than the other. They both have traits as players that I appreciate.

Luck is just wowing me with how physically strong he is and how good he is at slipping out of the defenses fingers. I see situations where other QBs would curl up like a pill bug and Luck is shrugging them off and making a play. It can be a bit jaw-dropping for me.

It's really the Colts' defense that I like better now. They are really beginning to make other teams respect them as a whole unit. Manning's Colts defense didn't inspire that. Opponents worried about Freeney, Mathis, and Sanders (when he was on the field).

And about Eli...I think his season so far can almost be summed up with that Jared Allen sack.

Eli has been overrated for a few years now by some...Not all......He has put up some good seasons but only has 1 30 (31) or more td's season in his career but that same year he almost matched that same td output with int's throwing 25 of those. Is he good? Of course but he is along the lines of Joe Flacco good way more then he is an Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Tony Romo good,

I like Lucks ability to extend plays or scramble for yards. He's very tough physically and mentally. I also like his interactions on the sideline and with the team in general. He's always fired up and the entire team loves him. You see the defenders hyping him up interacting. It's just a really cool thing to see our team interact. That might be more from Pagano, either way. Awesome!!

People might spaz over this topic, but I don't see it as any different on why people explain their love for Peyton and why it occasionally supersedes their love for the team.

Anyone who gets upset about this thread should get their pulse checked.

People might spaz over this topic, but I don't see it as any different on why people explain their love for Peyton and why it occasionally supersedes their love for the team.

Anyone who gets upset about this thread should get their pulse checked.

I wouldn't say this thread gets me upset. The conversation is just kinda tired and unintelligent. 

Jimmy "I get knocked down but I get up again" Harbaugh was always my favorite all time Colt because he had grit and determination, and because he showed this team and this city what winning football could look like.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed PM and watching the Colts through his career here, and I very much appreciated that a winning tradition was established. To me, though, those teams never had the grit and determination that Jimmy's did. To me, Peyton was a little hard to "love", just because he always seemed so mechanical and unemotional to me. And his teams, as talented as players were, rarely showed much tenacity.

I'm intrigued by Luck. It's too early for me to get too giddy about him yet (I just want to enjoy dating... I'm not ready for making any commitments yet). What I'm excited about is the prospect of a leader who has some of the intelligence and decision making skills that Peyton had... plus the fiery, passionate, gritty determination I loved in Jimmy.

I wouldn't say this thread gets me upset. The conversation is just kinda tired and unintelligent.

That's how a lot of those Peyton posts turn out as well though.

The problem is the comparison.

If the thread was just "Luck is my favorite QB ever" it's a totally different conversation. But when you direct compare the two. The thread devolves, many times, into a "my dad could beat up your dad" type of argument.

For the record as well, I was posting in response to you or anyone else. Just knowing the board, and how theses threads tend to go.

14 years, comeback after comeback. The Tampa Monday night game, against NE in the playoffs... A HoF coach going for it 4th and 2 in their own end because he knows his defense can't stop you in a 2 minute drill. 

Luck is great, and I love having him but let's get serious guys he's got a bit of a ways to go before he is elevated to that kind of status. 2nd year players cannot be in the same category as HoF players like Peyton, Brady, Brees etc. He will get there in time and I will enjoy watching every moment of it, but he is not there yet.

He had 1:35 seconds starting from midfield, any team would've went for more points in that situation vs Denver.

And Luck hasn't had any of the drives before halftime with less than a minute remaining and scored points this season as you say.

Other than the Denver game previously noted,

The shortest time this season where he drove for points right before the half was 1:41 left and drove for a Vinateri 52yrd FG(Manning did that in his sleep consistently with that much time),

The only other time was against the Dolphins with 2:42 left before half and Bradshaw scored a TD but the Dolphins came right back with 1:26 left and scored a FG to end the half.

Andrew is coming on strong with his late composure.

I don`t know for sure, Peyton on his own 10 with no timeouts might have gotten an occasional knee, otherwise, 45 seconds was doable.

since when did Manning take a knee before the half with the Colts??  how quickly we forget....  Manning was known for scoring before the half and the last 1:00 of the game.  I remember plenty of times we had 30 seconds and 1 time out and we ended up getting a field goal before the half.  

I am one of the biggest supporters of THE COLTS and I get disgusted when people who call themselves Colts fans want to see Manning beat the colts BUT Manning was one of the best at getting points before the half.  You can love Andrew all you want but the statement that Peyton and the Colts used to just give up b4 the half and take a knee is completely ridiculous.