Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

An Alternative View of my Trip to Indy

braveheartcolt

I run a NFL pool. 22 friends, colleagues and aquaintences. I dish out the smack rather liberaly, and my good friend, who accompanied me to the Seahaws game, decided I was getting too bossy. So he shared his view of our first night in Indy. It got the required accolades. Thought I would share, as it's quite funny. All lies I may add. I think.

Two friends meet up in a mid-sized Midwestern town to see a football game.  The older one, somewhat doddering in his mannerisms and with an incomprehensible accent, is from a large metropolitan area far away.  The other, a dashing quick-witted former football player who looks younger than his age, is from a large US East Coast city.

Neither have ever visited this new place before.  The older gentleman arrives early and scouts out the city. Armed with a GPS and suggestions from the locals, the cool guy arrives and the two friends venture out for a few beers (pronounced “goo fer a paint”) and to get caught up.  A few hours pass, and while patronizing various social establishments, maybe a wedding reception and corporate event with open bars are attended as well.

“Last call!”, and time to head back to the hotel.  The hotel is situated in dead flat ground directly across the street from a large building named LUCAS OIL STADIUM.  Coincidentally this is where the two friends plan to watch the upcoming football game.  The older gentleman is, as my Old Man used to say, “well into his cups”.  Because of his purported advance reconnoitering of this new town, he insists that he will lead the way home.  “Isss thish waaay”.  Well, not being a local, the handsome fellow defers to his hoary friend.  For about a block. “Ummm, don’t want to sound pessimistic and all, but I can see the big red LUCAS OIL STADIUM sign shining like a beacon behind us”, says the polite fellow.  The older gentleman has taken on a zombie-like gait reminiscent of The Walking Dead, 180 degrees in the opposite direction, closer to a series of dicey housing projects and away from the big red LUCAS OIL STADIUM sign; which now seems to be blinking in order to beckon weary visitors back to their hotel. 

After smacking the older guy (for brevity, let’s call him “Doug”) in the back of his great bald skull like a Benny Hill sketch, the younger member of the team is able to turn the pair around and stagger back.  Accustomed to walking at a brisk Rush Hour pace, the fellow who easily passes for 32 years of age is able to circle his compatriot “Doug” and keep him from dropping into a sewer, walking into traffic, and drinking antifreeze out of a puddle.  He does this by taking hold of the back of “Doug’s” head like a mother tiger does to her cubs, and pointing his eyes at the big red LUCAS OIL STADIUM sign, which is now getting larger with each step.   “Doug”, who couldn’t find a gay flight attendant at San Francisco Airport, remains insistent that they are going the wrong way.

Eventually everyone is home safely and a dozen White Castles are consumed.

Yep, I'm the older gentleman refered to as 'Doug'.

haha   I think you most certainly are related to my husband.    :lol:

He had No sense of "direction" when we were downtown either, and Numerous times I said to him......

See the Big Red Sign over that way.... that says  Lucas Oil Stadium...???     haha   too funny

I nominate this for POST OF THE YEAR.

Thanks Coffee. I take no credit, other than the cut and paste. I'm doing my version of day two for next week. If I can do it justice, I'll add it here. I'm milking this trip, I know. I'm kinda proud I've been to our great town, and seen our great team, and shouted and danced and high fived with our great fans.

It's nothing really, you guys do it and have been doing it for years. Respect.

Mrs Doubtfire.

Thanks Coffee. I take no credit, other than the cut and paste. I'm doing my version of day two for next week. If I can do it justice, I'll add it here. I'm milking this trip, I know. I'm kinda proud I've been to our great town, and seen our great team, and shouted and danced and high fived with our great fans.

It's nothing really, you guys do it and have been doing it for years. Respect.

Mrs Doubtfire.

We are all quite interested in your adventures while in town. Milk away.