Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Harbaugh Celebrates... (Merge)

jesusislord

I don't think Schwartz appreciated that emphatic hand slap that Harbaugh gave him. Schwartz replied with an immediate "F" bomb, proceeded to chase Harbaugh like he wanted to fight. Very unprofessional moment for both coaches. I know Harbaugh was excited but that was a bit disrespectful of him to greet Schwartz like they should both be pumped. Jim was a player and I think its neat to see he still has that fire.

Schwartz was waaaay out of line reacting like that. The NFL should fine him heavy for his conduct.

I don't think Schwartz appreciated that emphatic hand slap that Harbaugh gave him. Schwartz replied with an immediate "F" bomb, proceeded to chase Harbaugh like he wanted to fight. Very unprofessional moment for both coaches. I know Harbaugh was excited but that was a bit disrespectful of him to greet Schwartz like they should both be pumped. Jim was a player and I think its neat to see he still has that fire.

Schwartz was waaaay out of line reacting like that. The NFL should fine him heavy for his conduct.

i thought that harbaugh shoulda toned it down a notch until after the handshake. generally the coaches walk calmly to the handshake, show some sportsmanship, then celebrate after you walk away. schwartz definitely out of line in his reaction.

Agree with both....Harbaugh should have held off on the celebration until after the handshake. Love the passion but I'm sure he'd be less than appreciative if the roles were reversed. Schwartz was also clearly out of line.

After listening to both guys speak post-game, Schwartz was a butt-hurt crybaby about it. Harbaugh was apologetic and explained, while Schwartz was still "offended" and acting like a child and refusing to explain why he flew off like a baby.

He deserves the highest fine possible from the league over a completely unnecessary overreaction.

It was a minute after the end of the game, a very big bragging rights game, so get off Harbaugh. Schwartz over reacted not because of incident but because he lost. He is a very emotional coach that likes to stuff it to other coaches so this is a non issue only for the media.

Harbaugh was a * with the way he reacted to that win. Just shake Schwartz's hand normally and walk off. You do not need to go into the handshake aggressively and then give him a huge slap on the back. I can understand why Schwartz felt disrespected. Of course Schwartz just overreacted as well, but Harbaugh was no angel in this.

A fine really? It was just a bad moment for both of them. I'd file it under, 'bet they both wish that went differently on national tv'

After listening to both guys speak post-game, Schwartz was a butt-hurt crybaby about it. Harbaugh was apologetic and explained, while Schwartz was still "offended" and acting like a child and refusing to explain why he flew off like a baby.

He deserves the highest fine possible from the league over a completely unnecessary overreaction.

I agree about Schwartz but I'm not so sure that Harbaugh's apology was all that sincere.

Wonder what Harbaugh said to him that Schwartz responded "what?".

rotfl He said "you blew it coach...and your football team stinks, like the festering, stinking, cesspool of a city that Detroit is....good luck with the rest of the season!!"

Okay, maybe not that...but the way Schwartz reacted he might as well have.

A fine really? It was just a bad moment for both of them. I'd file it under, 'bet they both wish that went differently on national tv'

A player would get fined for such an outburst, why not a coach? Schwartz actually physically crashed into Harbaugh, which by any legal definition is battery.

Typically when the NFL levies a fine, they do so to prevent any future occurrence to protect the integrity of the game. When we have a coach apparently trying to start a physical confrontation, I think this fits the bill. What happens if Harbaugh pushes him back?

IMO, the networks are making more out of this little dust up than it is. Capn Comeback was excited about winning the game few thought the 49er's would win and maybe was not as thoughtful as he should have been to coach Schwartz, but I believe the two men will work it out after the emotions cool down.

Of course coach Schwartz was upset. His team had just lost a game and their winning record now has a blemish. Harbaugh could have been much more diplomatic in the greeting after the game, but he wasn't. No big deal.

In the press conference Schwartz referred to hearing an expletive. From his perspective he was shoved in the back and cursed at - I'd lose my temper too.

Of course that's not what Harbaugh intended - he was just a little too happy. It's a miss-understanding that should have been settled on the field. IE: When Schwartz challenged him Harbaugh should have stopped and talked it through. It should have ended with them laughing and shaking hands again. Instead he had his head up pivoting around and pretending that Schwartz wasn't even there - just ticking him off more.

In short, they were both off base. I love Harbaugh, and I respect what Schwartz is accomplishing in Detroit, but they both need to remember that there is more to being a man than just sticking your chest out.