Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LOS "Curse"

TubaGuy

No, I don't really believe in curses or that stuff.  BUT...if I were a player for the Colts and they decided to put a banner of me on the outside of Lucas Oil Stadium, I think I would politely decline.  I mean, think about it...Bob Sanders, Dwight Freeny, Peyton, Reggie (come to think of it, was Marlin Jackson on the stadium too?  Can't remember...).  I think the percentage of this curse is higher than the Sports Illustrated Cover curse!!  Whaddaya say management...take all the players down, put something ELSE up on LOS!!

Can we honor opposing players by placing them on LOS? I have a list...

I don't normally celebrate a black ops injury list, even the dreaded Dallas Cowboys in my case. I wanna beat a strong, athletic, & smart rivalry squad fair & square at full strength. Why? Because you took your adversary's best shot & emerged victorious. It carries more weight. 

SW1 exerts no pleasure in taking down a wounded animal or injury ridden franchise. But, whipping a squad at the zenith of strength & prowess is simply spectacular.  :thmup:

No, I don't really believe in curses or that stuff.  BUT...if I were a player for the Colts and they decided to put a banner of me on the outside of Lucas Oil Stadium, I think I would politely decline.  I mean, think about it...Bob Sanders, Dwight Freeny, Peyton, Reggie (come to think of it, was Marlin Jackson on the stadium too?  Can't remember...).  I think the percentage of this curse is higher than the Sports Illustrated Cover curse!!  Whaddaya say management...take all the players down, put something ELSE up on LOS!!

An intriguing theory TubaGuy. LOS Banner= Serious or season ending injury. You could make a case I suppose. SW1 only believes in 2 curses: The Curse Of The Cleveland Browns to always be riddled with a poor sports lore misfortune & no hope of a legitimate Playoffs run or SB & the Curse Of The Pharaohs/Tutankhamun in the Valley Of The Kings.

I crave all things Egyptian & mummification process related bordering on obsessive, but SW1 won't delve into that arena here other than posting this link below:

http://www.unmuseum.org/mummy.htm

An intriguing theory TubaGuy. LOS Banner= Serious or season ending injury. You could make a case I suppose. SW1 only believes in 2 curses: The Curse Of The Cleveland Browns to always be riddled with a poor sports lore misfortune & no hope of a legitimate Playoffs run or SB & the Curse Of The Pharaohs/Tutankhamun in the Valley Of The Kings.

I crave all things Egyptian & mummification process related bordering on obsessive, but SW1 won't delve into that arena here other than posting this link below:

http://www.unmuseum.org/mummy.htm

That's a good read man!! 

Replace it with a screen showing Jim Irsays latest tweets ..   

I think it's funny how some people are taking the theme of this thread as totally serious...

This is called a "BYE WEEK THREAD" people!!  It's MEANT to be a bit humorous, tongue-in-cheek, light in nature.  Don't take it too seriously!!

You haven't been around here much for awhile, Tuba. We're totally serious now. frankenstein.gif

You haven't been around here much for awhile, Tuba. We're totally serious now. frankenstein.gif

I guess so ruksak!!  I always thought it was tradition that there were a few light-hearted threads during bye week to pass the time.  I think that tradition might have been lost on some people...

Yeah, I bought a business back in March and it has taken a lot of my time and attention.  I am still on here somewhat regularly but have chosen to take a back seat and enjoy things instead of being front-and-center.  But I still enjoy contributing every once in a while!

I guess so ruksak!!  I always thought it was tradition that there were a few light-hearted threads during bye week to pass the time.  I think that tradition might have been lost on some people...

Yeah, I bought a business back in March and it has taken a lot of my time and attention.  I am still on here somewhat regularly but have chosen to take a back seat and enjoy things instead of being front-and-center.  But I still enjoy contributing every once in a while!

Ahh yes, Tubaguy gave me my first infraction so many years ago for being a 'lil smart mouth.  :thmsup:

Hope to see you around here more, and good luck with your business in this deplorable economy. Hope it serves you well. 

Ahh yes, Tubaguy gave me my first infraction so many years ago for being a 'lil smart mouth.  :thmsup:

Hope to see you around here more, and good luck with your business in this deplorable economy. Hope it serves you well. 

Yeah, but you took that infraction to heart and were no problem after that!  ;)   Yes, the business has been going good so far, even with the economy!  So far, so good!